February Presidential (and Senate) Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  February Presidential (and Senate) Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: February Presidential (and Senate) Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER  (Read 7707 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »

This has been probably the most boring Presidential election during my life in Atlasia, but if Reaganfan wins that primary we are going to see two weeks of political chaos. Not worse than the October Labor Primary, but it's going to be complicated...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 07:46:01 AM »

Reaganfan leads 13-9 (as of NHI's vote) with 44% in.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »

Don't worry, lumine. This election isn't going to be boring for long. I'm about to get primaried out of the Federalist Party. Tongue
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 09:01:59 AM »

Federalist Presidential Primary

23 votes in (last of JerryArkansas) and 46% of registered Federalists

Former IDS Governor Reaganfan (Fed-OH) / Mideast Governor Spiral (Fed-MO) 13 votes and 56,5%
President Duke (Fed-SC) / Vice President Matt (Fed-VT) 9 votes and 39,1%
Abstain 1 vote and 4,4%

Federalist Mideast Senate Primary

17 votes in (last of JerryArkansas) and 34% of registered Federalists

Senator DC Al Fine (Fed-MD) 8 votes and 47,1%
Former Mideast Assemblyman JCL (Fed-IN) 5 votes and 29,4%
Abstain 4 votes and 23,5%
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »

Ooh pretty Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »

54% IN

President Duke 13 (48,2%)
Former IDS Governor Reaganfan 13 (48,2%)

Abstain 1 (3,7%)

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »

Dukementum!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »

I am confident that the Federalists will reject caricature conservatism in favour of a tried and tested President who's set to lead the party to another decisive victory.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »

I voted the way I did because I made a promise. Not sure if I'm comfortable having my vote lumped in with all these platitudes about good leadership, decisive victories, etc.

It's no coincidence that people in the party are voting for Naso. One candidate spent real energy reaching out; the other didn't, and, in fact, made many conservatives feel uneasy. I hope (and am confident that) going forward we will see more outreach and a different direction.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »

I voted the way I did because I made a promise. Not sure if I'm comfortable having my vote lumped in with all these platitudes about good leadership, decisive victories, etc.

It's no coincidence that people in the party are voting for Naso. One candidate spent real energy reaching out; the other didn't, and, in fact, made many conservatives feel uneasy. I hope (and am confident that) going forward we will see more outreach and a different direction.

Naso has spent his campaign complaining about "Marxism" without telling us why he feels Duke should not be re-elected. Please.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »

He's also talked to me a million times about where I'm at and what I'm thinking, which goes a long way. The zombie brigade came out in full force to support Naso, but it was a constituency Duke easily could have had.

I'm not saying there's much substance in the Naso campaign, but there's heart. And, you know, I am dissatisfied. That's not allowed? I voted for Duke. I didn't "succomb." But I still don't want it to be misconstrued as some enthusiastic vote for "the best president Atlasia has ever seen," which is what some people are saying. There is obviously a divide in the party, and I hope whoever wins will address that. Like I said, I'm optimistic.

When you challenged Matt for the Federalist nomination last summer, the divide was "electability" or "loyalty." I think Matt's near-victory reconciled those concepts. Today we're dealing with a choice between "electability" and "conservatism." The differences are a bit more stark here and the consequences are a bit bigger. If Naso wins the nomination, he will have to show that he is willing to work with the centrists and the leftists who make "electability" possible. If Duke wins, he will have to show that he is willing to look out for the base of support that got him to the nomination.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »

56% IN (28 votes casted)

President Duke 14 (50%)
Former IDS Governor Reaganfan 13 (46,4%)
Abstain 1 (3,6%)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2014, 10:52:25 PM by Speaker SJoyce »

66% in (33 votes)

President Duke: 18
Reaganfan: 15
Abstain: 1

Federalist votes outstanding: AHDuke99, Ben Kenobi, Branden Cordeiro, Cathcon, daveosupremo, dkrolga, JCL, John Dibble, Liberty Republican, MasterJedi, mattyman, Pessimistic Antineutrino, Pingvin99, TJ in Cleve, yougo1000, ZuWo
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

Duke hasn't voted yet? Maybe he should Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »

How's the Mideast Senate primary looking?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »

Per tradition, I won't vote until Sunday. This practice dates back to 2009. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »

Ignoring the high level of abstentions, 10-8-1 DC al Fine-JCL-Cathcon (the Cathcon vote flows to JCL).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2014, 03:30:26 PM by Speaker SJoyce »

Ignoring the high level of abstentions, 10-8-1 DC al Fine-JCL-Cathcon (the Cathcon vote flows to JCL).

Wow. No wonder Duke is barely winning. Has JCL ever done this well in a primary election?

Not that I'm aware of, but the JCL-DC al Fine breakdown is not any indicator of the general primary.

Duke-JCL: 5
Duke-DC al Fine: 6
Reaganfan-JCL: 4
Reaganfan-DC al Fine: 4

One additional DC vote from Jerry, who abstained in the Presidential primary.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »

Wow. No wonder Duke is barely winning. Has JCL ever done this well in a primary election?

Not that I'm aware of, but the JCL-DC al Fine breakdown is not any indicator of the general primary.

So basically you're telling us that most of them are nuts in one way or another. Wink I have to say, it's interesting to see only a quarter of the Federalist Party back both establishment candidates. It shows an upcoming radicalism brewing in the ranks. It's the same thing that's causing oakvale to be so flabbergasted ("how dare they not know or support The People!"). I remember when the Left became saturated with radical noobs - good times!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »

So basically you're telling us that most of them are nuts in one way or another. Wink I have to say, it's interesting to see only a quarter of the Federalist Party back both establishment candidates. It shows an upcoming radicalism brewing in the ranks. It's the same thing that's causing oakvale to be so flabbergasted ("how dare they not know or support The People!"). I remember when the Left became saturated with radical noobs - good times!

Maybe seeing you folks in action has inspired us. I know that the Labor Party is the source of my reaction, my call to arms, my white whale pushing me to embrace ever more aggressive forms of conservatism. Actually, that sounded a little creepy.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2014, 05:52:23 PM »

Is Duke that really Federalist party establishment. He was not even a member of that party until it was time for a primary if he wanted a second mandate.

Other main parties don't seem to put much effort in challenging him in a future election. He is probably well connected to other parties establishment.     
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2014, 06:13:51 PM »

Maybe seeing you folks in action has inspired us. I know that the Labor Party is the source of my reaction, my call to arms, my white whale pushing me to embrace ever more aggressive forms of conservatism. Actually, that sounded a little creepy.

To be fair, I remember saying multiple times in the past that radicalism works wonders for recruitment. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2014, 06:17:04 PM »

To be fair, I remember saying multiple times in the past that radicalism works wonders for recruitment. Wink

That reminds me of Murray Rothbard's comment that nobody will go to the barricades for a 2% tax cut. Radicalism is important in creating investment in a cause.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

I think we can safely call these races for Duke and DC Al Fine at this point. The remaining voters are either inactive, Duke-friendly, or of the variety that will only vote for Reaganfan if Duke is assured victory, with few exceptions. JCL is just not going to win. He'll gain some extra votes from people if it looks likes his defeat is beyond doubt though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies