EXCLUSIVE: Reaganfan Q&A (I will respond to any question asked)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:30:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  EXCLUSIVE: Reaganfan Q&A (I will respond to any question asked)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Reaganfan Q&A (I will respond to any question asked)  (Read 1708 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »

Who would in a fight between Batman, Superman, and Ron Paul?

You do realize that Ron Paul is Batman, don't you?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »

You do realize that Ron Paul is Batman, don't you?

No, Mitt Romney is Batman. Big distinction.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 05:54:34 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2013, 06:51:41 PM by Cathcon »

If I may interject here, aside from the fact that Ron Paul is Batman, Batman would most assuredly win. Last I read, he has the only supply of Kryptonite left on earth stored in his batcave. If you've read Frank Millers "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Dark Knight Strikes Back", the Dark Knight manhandles the Last Son of Krypton more than competently. In the "Batman: Hush: mini-series, Batman is able to delay his Kryptonian adversary using merely his own resourcefulness and but one ring of Kryptonite. Imagine what a fully armed Batman would be capable of against the Godless alien.

EDIT: I'd also like to note the scene in "Superman: Red Son" (or whatever that mini-series was), that Batman, again, outsmarts the Big Blue Boyscout.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »

Why don't you reply in other threads you've created?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

What skills do you have to make yourself employable at a decent job and why in the hell aren't you living anywhere but podunk OH trying to grab the American Dream?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »

He already forgot about this thread.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »

What skills do you have to make yourself employable at a decent job and why in the hell aren't you living anywhere but podunk OH trying to grab the American Dream?

It's not that easy to just pick up and go. As of right now, I don't know but I have a HS Diploma and some college credits under my belt already.

Sometimes I forget, or I just have no enthusiasm left to argue with flawed opinions.

What is your favorite kind of fish to angle?

Largemouth Bass

Probably Superman.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »

Who do you think will win the UEFA Champions League Final in 2014?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »

Q: Who was more of a REAL American, Ronald Reagan or John Wayne?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »

Do you believe Naso, that you yourself, are a representative of pure 100% American-ness or only 86%? What about liberals and flag-burning hippies; are they only how much america? 56% America or 37% America or even less?

And what is the empirical metric you use for this measurement?

EDIT: Also, forgot:

Do you ever cry while fishing, only to realize your tears' insignificance amid all the water?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »

March 2010, I ended up home. I got a job as a waiter at a diner and I'm still living at home saving money. So after years and years of constant testing and school and college and teachers and exams and physical training and mental training...all of that...for a picture of me in a uniform.

Since then my confidence level has gone down significantly. I was at Target a week or so ago and two hot girls walked by. They didn't see me, of course...but an Army guy in uniform walked by. They both looked and said, "Mmm Military guys are hot". My heart sank. Literally. I felt the goose-bump chill that you get just before you cry. That's gone forever for me.

Knowing that I'll never be as happy or as confident as I once was crushed me. So I just kinda pass time, day by day. I used to envision a career in the Military, running for office, a beautiful wife and a log cabin style home with a shotgun above the fireplace and a ton of kids. Retirement at 42 with a pension and IRA savings...all of that is useless.

Vice President Biden, of all people. He gave a speech in May 2012...and he said EXACTLY...EXACTLY, what I feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwZ6UfXm410  -- go to 3:32 and watch.

This isn't a question so much as a response. You, like so many people, created a very narrow path for your life to go down and when that path ended up being blocked by some unexpected obstacles, you couldn't walk around them or take another path. Instead, you seem to have more or less sat down on the ground and pitied yourself.

Most Americans never spend a single day in the armed forces. Some of them have miserable, empty lives but most find their purpose in other pursuits. Likewise, many military men go on to serve with honor and valor, but others fall into a downward spiral of PTSD, alcoholism and lack of civilian opportunities after their service has ended.

You're not going to have a career in the military. BFD. Why does that have to stop you from running for office, having a beautiful wife, a log cabin style home with a shotgun above the fireplace and a ton of kids? There are an infinite number of other ways to get all of those. And who's to say you wouldn't be just as happy with a Cape Cod style house with an oil painting of horses above the fireplace and only two children?

I'm the same age as you are and I very much would like to think, 60 or 70 years from now when I'm about to die, that my life mattered and that it meant something. But I've accepted that it's folly to demand a straight line from the present to 70 years from now and expect my life to never stray from that line. It just doesn't work that way. I could be paralyzed in a car accident tomorrow. My dad's rich, slightly mentally imbalanced sister could rewrite her will and leave everything to me. I could be falsely accused of murder and spend the rest of my life in prison.

"We are the children of the gods, and are never more the slaves of circumstances than when we deem ourselves their masters. What may next happen in the dazzling farce of life, the Fates only know."

Benjamin Disraeli wrote that the night he was returned as an MP to Parliament for the first time. I doubt he knew that night that he would eventually become one of the most famous prime ministers in British history. I doubt he had any of that plotted out for himself when he was 25 years old.

So keep your chin up and keep walking forward every single day. Don't keep looking back at the path that was closed off to you because you'll just be distracted by the opportunities that are waiting in front of you.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2013, 02:45:18 PM by Mordecai »

Knowing that I'll never be as happy or as confident as I once was crushed me. So I just kinda pass time, day by day. I used to envision a career in the Military, running for office, a beautiful wife and a log cabin style home with a shotgun above the fireplace and a ton of kids. Retirement at 42 with a pension and IRA savings...all of that is useless.

Those things are still possible. Just because you're not in the Air Force doesn't mean you can't run for office, get married and have kids. Although thinking that you could do all that, retire at age 42 and be set for life is pretty delusional.

You're still young, you have your whole life ahead of you. There are people who are in a worse position than you right now, who don't have a high school diploma, who don't have parents they can live with while they save up money, who don't even have a job, who can't afford to feed themselves let alone their family. You at least have something, you have a high school diploma and college credits, you have a job, you don't have a wife or children to look after, you're not starving, and you have parents who are understanding enough to let you live with them and mooch off their health insurance.

Not to rag on you, but when you then unironically linked to a video of Joe Biden talking to families who have had relatives die in wars overseas it made me feel physically ill because they've actually lost something. You're just having a rough patch in your life.

As IndyTexas said, you need to re-orient your goals and focus on a new career instead of lingering over what you can't change.

I think liberals tend to see us all as born perfect and that society chains us down. I see it as though America is as President George W. Bush once said, "a story of a flawed and fallible people, united across the generations by grand and enduring ideals."

If this were true though, then why would liberals believe in welfare? Isn't being a Republican all about doing it alone without any help and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »

Well, when I was eight I planned to marry a fairy princess ...all of that is useless.

Life is a bitch. 
Rooney
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

I find that you have a very unique and entertaining writing style, Reaganfan. Additionally, you can relate a story extremely well. Have you ever thought of writing political or military novels?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2013, 05:14:24 AM »

Why?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »

Who do you think will win the UEFA Champions League Final in 2014?

No clue. I don't follow sports thus I don't participate. I think that if you lack knowledge about something, you shouldn't pollute the process by participating.

Q: Who was more of a REAL American, Ronald Reagan or John Wayne?

Both were equally patriotic. I think of the big three (Reagan, Wayne and Eastwood) all were mythical representations of what is perceived as "American". Of course, Reagan ended up being the most powerful man in the world, helping bring down the mockery called "communism" and make America a successful nation again. Remember, even those who loathe the 80s but love the 90s, without Reagan's 80s prosperity, there is no prosperous 90s.

Do you believe Naso, that you yourself, are a representative of pure 100% American-ness or only 86%? What about liberals and flag-burning hippies; are they only how much america? 56% America or 37% America or even less?

And what is the empirical metric you use for this measurement?

EDIT: Also, forgot:

Do you ever cry while fishing, only to realize your tears' insignificance amid all the water?

I love America. I love the Constitution. I don't want to change a thing as far as how we were founded. Remember, the Constitution is NOT an evolving document in any way, shape or form.

No I don't cry while fishing.

I find that you have a very unique and entertaining writing style, Reaganfan. Additionally, you can relate a story extremely well. Have you ever thought of writing political or military novels?

I guess so. I've thought about lots of things. I had some really good stories going in the past but nobody seemed interested.

Previous Stories:
Cordell for President (2008) - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=87803.0
Vendetta-elect (2008) - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=89285.45
Brooks and Weinbach: Time Travel (2011) - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=141373.0
Pandora (2012) - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=151928.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159361.msg3425818#msg3425818
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »

What is your real motivation behind making this thread?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »

What is your real motivation behind making this thread?

To have a chance to get everything about Reaganfan out in the open. Many questions are often asked to me but they get buried in the ashheap of thread history.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »

Why don't you own a digital camera?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »

Why don't you own a digital camera?

I do.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

Then why don't you use it to take photographs?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2013, 04:00:32 PM »

Then why don't you use it to take photographs?

I do.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »

Really? Why you always posting scans of non-digital camera photos then?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »

How has Naso's answer to my question not made it into several signatures and the Irony Mine?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

How has Naso's answer to my question not made it into several signatures and the Irony Mine?

Why is that ironic? Are you implying I have no knowledge of history or politics?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies