Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 132068 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: October 23, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

And I'm okay with that (I was never all that interested in the community college in the first place!), but I've been trying to occupy myself now that I'm out of high school, and I'm stuck.  Even though I'm an active member of my church now (I go there at least three times a week for one reason or another), I feel totally discombobulated and aimless.  I tried starting my own blog to write on religious issues, which I am passionate about, but my plans for a routinely updated journal fell completely apart.  Why?  One, because my knowledge on theology is basically s**t even though I've been studying it for a few years.  And two, because I suck at conveying my thoughts on topics that I have mere layman's knowledge on.  There are people my age who have accomplished way more in life than I have, and it bothers me.

I've tried writing a book on religion a number of times as a way of expressing my passion for it, but I can't even put together a decent outline.  The more I realize how ignorant I am on these issues, the more discouraged I am to actually write it... at least before college.  So now I'm kind of stuck.  Should I try writing the thing and risk sounding like an idiot pretending to know more than I do, or should I continue lolling about and not even think about it until I graduate from college?  I feel like I'll be unsatisfied no matter what I do.

I guess you could try just writing down your thoughts so far as you can, but not with the expectation that they'd be in publishable form (at least as a book) until you've learned a lot more, and try to see where the greatest gaps are in your knowledge and find some introductory texts in those areas.  If you have a project you can work on that can be a very good thing during a transitional "down" time, though I know well that it can be hard to stay motivated.   
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:26 AM »

had to pull off the highway in Hampton after the HR Bridge Tunnel b/c I was low on gas.  Due to a storm the power was out and so I had to search for a working gas station.  It seems common sense to me that when the power is out, stop light intersections should be treated as 4-way stops, but I find that many other drivers disagree.

have to go in for an endoscopy tomorrow morning. blech.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »

My life has gotten significantly better since my struggles earlier on this year. I have made good friends and am making smarter decisions across the board. I'm working on campus this summer and am hauling in a decent paycheck. Have been going to the rec almost daily and improving my diet - I have cut red meat out, though it's a reoccurring struggle. My parents have become much more accepting than they were originally.

I have set a two-year plan in motion with the aim of having things play out just so. In high school I had my life figured out, and it's time to start making important decisions for the rest of my life.

Great to hear. Bravo!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »

I've already told a few people this privately but I've hesitated to tell the forum at large. I'm finally going the distance and going through a gender-presentation transition. (I'd use a less queer-theory-ese term for this but as it turns out none are really accurate.)

I understand if some of the more socon posters with whom I'm friendly aren't entirely comfortable with or accepting of this but I'd like to ask that they do the courtesy of not giving me grief over it. If anybody else gives me grief over it, I'll treat it as personal attack and use the report function accordingly.

Sounds like you are dealing with a lot of change in your life with this and starting grad school at the same time.  Hope it goes well for you.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »

The barn so far

While they were cleaning out my grandfather's house, they found this.

wow, that's really sweet. I'm sure it means a lot to them to have that from him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »

I think I may have become slightly obsessed with Ignatius Donnelly, to the point of tracking down his great-great-granddaughter and becoming semi-pen pals with her.

That is pretty awesome. Let us know if you find Atlantis.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 06:56:34 PM »

I think I may have accidentally domesticated a raccoon.  He (?) has been coming in through the cat door and stealing my cat's food sometimes.  The past few times I have chased him out he still hangs around right outside the house for a few minutes and tries to come back in instead of running away when he sees me. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:55:14 PM »

I think I may have accidentally domesticated a raccoon.  He (?) has been coming in through the cat door and stealing my cat's food sometimes.  The past few times I have chased him out he still hangs around right outside the house for a few minutes and tries to come back in instead of running away when he sees me. 

So what are you naming it?

for some reason the name "Fritz" sounds right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies