Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:05:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129232 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »

Yeah, a lot of people have really bad colds here. The temperature seems to have dropped 10 degrees all of a sudden, and it's thrown a lot of people off.

In other news, me and my guyfriend are doing well. Being happy is kind of nice. Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1326 on: September 18, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »

Yeah, a lot of people have really bad colds here. The temperature seems to have dropped 10 degrees all of a sudden, and it's thrown a lot of people off.

In other news, me and my guyfriend are doing well. Being happy is kind of nice. Smiley

Grin
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1327 on: September 19, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »

Well as you can see, (if you have sigs enabled), I went thru the ballot today and decided who I'll be voting for in November.  4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 3 independents/third party.  Of all of them, the one I'm most thankful for is Geddings in the SC-2 race.  If it was just between Joe "You Lie" Wilson and Phil "DINO" Black, I might well have ended up voting for Wilson.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1328 on: September 19, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »

Well as you can see, (if you have sigs enabled), I went thru the ballot today and decided who I'll be voting for in November.  4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 3 independents/third party.  Of all of them, the one I'm most thankful for is Geddings in the SC-2 race.  If it was just between Joe "You Lie" Wilson and Phil "DINO" Black, I might well have ended up voting for Wilson.

That may be the most moderate heroic ballot I've ever seen. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1329 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »

Obviously, you should tell her gently that you aren't interested. Be nice about it; tell her that you hope it won't affect your friendship etc. and bring her an iced coffee or something. Then, most likely, she'll still be open to the idea if you did want to upgrade your relationship in the future.

Although, I suspect this is more whatever you call the asking-for-advice equivalent of a humblebrag. It's probably those whom you've succeeded in impressing with it who are in more need of advice.

I daresay.

Anyway I too am sick. It started with a sore throat on Sunday, got worse till Wednesday when I think I slept enough and threw enough medicine at it to pretty much make it go away, but it came back on Thursday despite my doing the same, probably because I slept for just 4-5 hours.

My voice just disappeared in the middle of the day yesterday, too, which I'd blame on having to talk for most of the hour-and-some long my first class lasted. I was simply astonished to discover when I went back home around noon that it had pretty much gone entirely. My mouth was really dry, so I thought it was that, and I drank some tea, a good liter of water, and had like four cough drops. I'm guessing this allowed me to be just understandable for the two hour seminar I had later, albeit surprised it hadn't gone away, but after that it just vanished completely. I had to call my father and he simply could not hear what I was saying.

It's actually rather frustrating. It's a bit better today, and most of the other symptoms seemed to have subsided, but I still can't talk. I feel like simply pouring an ungodly amount of lemon juice and honey down my throat to make it go away- or rather make my voice come back.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1330 on: September 20, 2014, 02:40:38 AM »

I rushed that post because someone seemingly came through so I went to talk to him. I'd say he was way too high to provide meaningful insights but his constant intonation of "just relax" was not terribly different from what anyone else would have been able to tell me, I think...

Again no one should feel obligated to read any of this.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1331 on: September 20, 2014, 03:28:24 AM »

I rushed that post because someone seemingly came through so I went to talk to him. I'd say he was way too high to provide meaningful insights but his constant intonation of "just relax" was not terribly different from what anyone else would have been able to tell me, I think...

Again no one should feel obligated to read any of this.

We are all surprised you didn't denounced him to the police.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1332 on: September 21, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »

So one of my co workers smells, he has this odor with him and it even kind of stays behind when he leaves. There is a chair in the break room that he always sits in and it smells, I actually accidentally sat in it on Friday. The elevator smells after he is on it. I don't really want to say anything surely he knows it? He is a really nice person. He is very overweight like 300 plus pounds.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1333 on: September 21, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »

So one of my co workers smells, he has this odor with him and it even kind of stays behind when he leaves. There is a chair in the break room that he always sits in and it smells, I actually accidentally sat in it on Friday. The elevator smells after he is on it. I don't really want to say anything surely he knows it? He is a really nice person. He is very overweight like 300 plus pounds.

You could always buy a stick of deodorant and put it on his desk and write "from a friend" on it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1334 on: September 21, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »

You could always buy a stick of deodorant and put it on his desk and write "from a friend" on it.

Don't do this.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1335 on: September 24, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

I might be moving back to New Jersey Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1336 on: September 25, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »

I might be moving back to New Jersey Tongue

This Update is supposed to be Less Boring, not More Boring.  Kindly avoid mentioning New Jersey.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1337 on: September 25, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »

I think I may have become slightly obsessed with Ignatius Donnelly, to the point of tracking down his great-great-granddaughter and becoming semi-pen pals with her.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1338 on: September 25, 2014, 09:15:49 PM »

Watching the Giants-R******s game, aka Thursday Night Football, aka TNF, and I can't keep seeing that acronym without thinking about Atlas anymore.  What the hell is wrong with me.  Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1339 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »

Watching the Giants-R******s game, aka Thursday Night Football, aka TNF, and I can't keep seeing that acronym without thinking about Atlas anymore.  What the hell is wrong with me.  Tongue
Censoring the term "Redskin" is certainly fairly wrong, like the name or not.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1340 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:07 PM »

Watching the Giants-R******s game, aka Thursday Night Football, aka TNF, and I can't keep seeing that acronym without thinking about Atlas anymore.  What the hell is wrong with me.  Tongue
Censoring the term "Redskin" is certainly fairly wrong, like the name or not.

They're a division rival.  I'd want to censor their name even if it wasn't a blatant ethnic slur. Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1341 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »

I think I may have become slightly obsessed with Ignatius Donnelly, to the point of tracking down his great-great-granddaughter and becoming semi-pen pals with her.

That is pretty awesome. Let us know if you find Atlantis.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1342 on: September 26, 2014, 06:56:34 PM »

I think I may have accidentally domesticated a raccoon.  He (?) has been coming in through the cat door and stealing my cat's food sometimes.  The past few times I have chased him out he still hangs around right outside the house for a few minutes and tries to come back in instead of running away when he sees me. 
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1343 on: September 26, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »

I think I may have accidentally domesticated a raccoon.  He (?) has been coming in through the cat door and stealing my cat's food sometimes.  The past few times I have chased him out he still hangs around right outside the house for a few minutes and tries to come back in instead of running away when he sees me. 

So what are you naming it?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1344 on: September 26, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »

My last girlfriend made me gay.. so.. there is that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1345 on: September 26, 2014, 10:55:14 PM »

So what are you naming it?

for some reason the name "Fritz" sounds right.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1346 on: September 26, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »

I'm moving back to New Jersey in just 7 days!  My little Navy journey was certainly quite the experience; I learned a lot about myself, the military, and what people sacrifice.  Alas, horribly depressed, hopeless, and frightened is no way to live, so I'm happily taking myself back into the civilian sector, surrounded and supported by friends and family.  People in my chain of command have also been very supportive, understood that this is not the life for me, and have gotten me in touch with a lot of veteran's affairs offices around the South Jersey area that will be helping me find a career that is more in line with my talents and my interests. 

Pce out Navy, pce out San Diego... it's been real.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1347 on: September 26, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »

^ Congrats!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1348 on: September 27, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »

Currently winging my way to university.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1349 on: September 27, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »

Last night was one of the best nights of my life because reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies