Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:41:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 209903 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »

The man's back on his way to 300 pounds! Other than maybe metal, there isn't much that he wouldn't squash.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2013, 10:58:51 PM »

Oh no! That grilled hamburger must have turned into grilled hamburger(s) + twinkies!

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

I did have plural grilled hamburgers - 3 in total plus grilled corn on the cob.

3 burgers + corn for dinner, and what at burger king?

Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, and *GULP* Large Regular Dr Pepper (with a full refill)...

Oh, Bushie. Your lack of self control strikes again!

My exact thought at dinner was "I've already blown this day out of the water, might as well live it up today and get back to it tomorrow."

That's the spirit!  Just think if you did that with everything in your life.  "Meh, I already blew one stop sign, might as well just run 'em all."  "Already skipped one day of CAD this week, might as well skip them all."  That latter one is probably not far from the truth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »

The man's back on his way to 300 pounds! Other than maybe metal, there isn't much that he wouldn't squash.

I had ONE bad day and I'm already back on my way to 300?  I've done well the past few days, am I not allowed a bad day?  I lost count of my calories today.  Still, one bad day doesn't mean I'm back on my way to 300.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2013, 11:02:43 PM »

Oh no! That grilled hamburger must have turned into grilled hamburger(s) + twinkies!

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, and *GULP* Large Regular Dr Pepper (with a full refill)...

My exact thought at dinner was "I've already blown this day out of the water, might as well live it up today and get back to it tomorrow."

That's the spirit!  Just think if you did that with everything in your life.  "Meh, I already blew one stop sign, might as well just run 'em all."  "Already skipped one day of CAD this week, might as well skip them all."  That latter one is probably not far from the truth.

Bad day at the office?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2013, 11:16:52 PM »

Bad day at the office?

No, actually I had a really great day.  I had a great day because I've been working hard, and things are really coming together.  You could have a decently successful life too if you actually put in an ounce of effort (and no, CAD is not effort... I'm guessing the high schoolers are doing just as good, if not better than you; what you're doing is probably pretty easy).

I had ONE bad day and I'm already back on my way to 300?  I've done well the past few days, am I not allowed a bad day?  I lost count of my calories today.  Still, one bad day doesn't mean I'm back on my way to 300.

What was your weight today?  You may not be back on your way to 300 now, but come on, man... you're getting older and your metabolism will keep slowing down.  It's pretty clear you're not going to ever change your diet.  You're fat and you don't care that you're going to die by the age of 60 (probably before).  That's fine, but don't pretend that you're actually trying to get healthy.

You didn't lose count of your calories; you knew damn well when you had BK that you had blown your day, yet you continued to eat more.  You purposefully stopped counting.  Don't play it off as simply a mistake of losing count; you deliberately decided not to count.

And let's take a look at what you actually ate IN ONE MEAL (percentages for daily value are based on a 2,000 diet; I was going to convert them to 2,500, but I couldn't remember if that was your goal or if it was somewhere in the middle):

Calories 1745 87%
Protein 49g 98%
Carbohydrates 231g 77%
Sugar 114g
Fat 76g 117%
Saturated Fat 23g 115%
Trans Fat 1g
Cholesterol 130mg 43%
Sodium 2060mg 86%

EDIT: This assumes 1 piece of cheese; if you had 2, it would be more, but I don't care that much to recalculate it all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2013, 11:29:12 PM »

Don't question CADD.  I WILL have a great job after this certificate is in hand.  I have absolutely no doubt about that.  I'm doing the best in the class of the adult students.  I am pulling a 94% through August.  I've already said it was MANDATORY to get out of the call center trap and this was the best way to do it.  Do you not know anything about vo-techs?  This is definitely not easy stuff.

The past few days I have been under 2,000, usually around 1,700.  My goal is 2,140.  I probably had close to 3,500 today.  That's just one day.  My weight this morning was 259.8.  It may be 261 in the morning, but I've been going to the bathroom quite often.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55:03 PM »

Don't question CADD.  I WILL have a great job after this certificate is in hand.
I'll see it when I believe it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
How many adults are there?  And how do you know you have the best grade?  Has the professor told you that or do you all sit around and compare grades?  Or are they posted publicly?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »

Don't question CADD.  I WILL have a great job after this certificate is in hand.
I'll see it when I believe it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
How many adults are there?  And how do you know you have the best grade?  Has the professor told you that or do you all sit around and compare grades?  Or are they posted publicly?

There are 8 adults ranging from ages 21 to 56 and 8 high school students spread out over the morning and afternoon.  Remember the high school students leave or arrive at lunch as they still have their regular studies to attend.  The professor has told me that I have the highest grade and am the farthest along of the students who just started a month ago.  I'm nearly halfway through with Course 3 and only about a month behind one of the high school students that started in August 2012 who is in his second year in CADD.  He's a very bright young man, but takes his time.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »

idea: get Bushie one of those exercise bikes with the generators and hook it up so you have to pedal to watch the tv

idea: get a generator that burns fat for fuel, hook it up to Bushie via liposuction, renewable energy crisis solved
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:12 AM »

Good Friday Morning!  The game didn't end, of course, until midnight central this morning and I still wanted to watch the Big Brother episode from last night.  So, I didn't go to bed until 1:00 am.  For some reason, I could not sleep past 7:20.  My body is used to getting up at 5:00-5:30 every morning, so it would not let me sleep too late.  I may take a nap today.  I haven't made my decision on that, yet.  Thanks to my bad calorie day yesterday, I gained two pounds back to 261.8.  As my friend on Facebook said, though, bad days happens and it really does little to derail a diet unless it becomes a habit.  I've been doing pretty good for the past week, primarily staying under 2,000 calories each day, but yesterday was easily 3,500.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »

Well, you could burn off some of those calories by cutting back ever so slightly on your weekend-long TV marathon, and doing a little exercise!

Oh wait, never mind.  I forgot who I was talking to.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »

The game was a blowout of two teams you aren't even a fan of.  You watched it until the end?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »

I don't know why you guys bother giving him advice. He has an addiction, he's not going to listen to you. He needs to hit "rock bottom" before he gets help. Best way to help is to push him closer to that point (no offence, Bushie, but it's the only way to save you at this point, since you don't listen to reason). Maybe it will take getting diabetes before he will change? Let's pray it's not a  heart attack or death.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2013, 10:25:49 AM »

I don't think diabetes will do it. His parents both have it and they aren't phased by it. Just shoot up insulin.

He will need to hit rock bottom or have a near death experience before he changes, and even then I'm not so sure, since he seems excited for Jesus to kill him so he can go to heaven. That's probably what the BK employee thought when a morbidly obese man walked into the restaurant and ordered a double whopper with cheese, a large fry and a large regular soda.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »

I don't think diabetes will do it. His parents both have it and they aren't phased by it.

He will need to hit rock bottom or have a near death experience before he changes, and even then I'm not so sure,

How do you propose that such people 'change', Duke?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »

12 hours of football on Friday seems impossible. The only football on Fridays is high school and a couple bad college games, and all of those games are at night; there just isn't football on TV for 12 hours on Fridays.

Also confusing is the idea of picking games to watch on Saturday not because of their teams but so that they all start and end at times adjacent to one another. What makes watching college football fun is the ability to switch between a dozen different games at any point. Unless a team you're interested in is playing, why watch one game from start to end?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »

Guys, I had ONE bad day. ONE. Why are people thinking its now a habit?  Isn't everybody allowed to have a bad day?  Nobody is mentioning that I've been keeping my calories under 2,000 for a week or 10 days before.  They all want to rail on me for having one bad day and say that i'm hopeless.  I am not hopeless and am nowhere near hopeless.  I am nowhere near a diabetic and I am doing what I need to keep it that way.  One bad day does not diagnose with diabetes.  Mom and Dad are changing the way they eat.  I have said that countless times and yet everybody is still insulting them.  I don't know what gives.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »

"I've made one mistake so I might as well make seven more, because 1+7 = 1!"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »

My reasoning behind that statement was I've already ruined that day, might as well live it up instead of ruining other days.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »

My reasoning behind that statement was I've already ruined that day, might as well live it up instead of ruining other days.

Moderate's criticism of your unsound logic is still valid despite your "reasoning."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »

Moderate's criticism of your unsound logic is still valid despite your "reasoning."

I'm not saying it's not, just giving my thought behind the thought.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »

I think that was pretty clear from your initial post.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »

I think that was pretty clear from your initial post.

It probably was, just reiterating it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »

Every day is a bad day. Your diet is still hamburgers, twinkies, and ham sandwiches on white bread with no vegetables.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »

Bushie why don't you just be honest with yourself, you obviously value your unhealthy cuisine more than you care to lose weight and the only person you're deceiving here is yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies