Progressive Union HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 11:30:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Union HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Author Topic: Progressive Union HQ  (Read 22301 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »

I feel the party has a responsibility to endorse and support any of its members.  Individual members are still free to support/vote for whoever they want.

There is no reason for a party to endorse its own members without the members voting for it first. All candidates need to be held to the same standards by this party, no matter what party they're from.

Don't want to interject if I'm not welcome, but isn't the sole point of a party to get its members elected so they can govern by the party's philosophies. If someones not automatically endorsed what the point of there being parties at all?

I'm with Flo on this one (even if I decided not to vote), even if my reasons are based on a minor detail. Let's say someone enters the party just for the sake of getting endorsed, that would create a problem for the party's image, even if we just avoided voting for said candidate. When IBDD and I were members of the deceased UNDA, Kitteh joked that she could perfectly join just for the sake of trolling a little bit.

Besides, since our party is fairly big tent (or at least there's some variety to choose from), it's perfectly possible for members of all wings to be less supportive of members of the opposite wing, and I guess the more democratic method would be allowing a vote on that. We say that parties and their governing policies are the point of the game, but I think the thing that really drives the game is personalities and individuals.
I feel like apologizing for opening this can of words, but it is a point that needs to be flushed out. It is a loose loose, if we need to vote, it could lead to divisions, if we don't, we could get trolls. I feel like voting will be better, however, I will approve this plan for know until I feel the Party can't fall apart.

Excuse me for intruding, but one suggestion I have heard (don't know if it was ever implemented by any party) was to have party members be endorsed by default, but allow a motion to unendorse a party member for a particular office. It would reduce potential for divisions and bitterness, but also allow for disassociaton from undesirable candidates if necessary.

That actually might be a great compromise option.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »

I feel the party has a responsibility to endorse and support any of its members.  Individual members are still free to support/vote for whoever they want.

There is no reason for a party to endorse its own members without the members voting for it first. All candidates need to be held to the same standards by this party, no matter what party they're from.

Don't want to interject if I'm not welcome, but isn't the sole point of a party to get its members elected so they can govern by the party's philosophies. If someones not automatically endorsed what the point of there being parties at all?

I'm with Flo on this one (even if I decided not to vote), even if my reasons are based on a minor detail. Let's say someone enters the party just for the sake of getting endorsed, that would create a problem for the party's image, even if we just avoided voting for said candidate. When IBDD and I were members of the deceased UNDA, Kitteh joked that she could perfectly join just for the sake of trolling a little bit.

Besides, since our party is fairly big tent (or at least there's some variety to choose from), it's perfectly possible for members of all wings to be less supportive of members of the opposite wing, and I guess the more democratic method would be allowing a vote on that. We say that parties and their governing policies are the point of the game, but I think the thing that really drives the game is personalities and individuals.
I feel like apologizing for opening this can of words, but it is a point that needs to be flushed out. It is a loose loose, if we need to vote, it could lead to divisions, if we don't, we could get trolls. I feel like voting will be better, however, I will approve this plan for know until I feel the Party can't fall apart.

Excuse me for intruding, but one suggestion I have heard (don't know if it was ever implemented by any party) was to have party members be endorsed by default, but allow a motion to unendorse a party member for a particular office. It would reduce potential for divisions and bitterness, but also allow for disassociaton from undesirable candidates if necessary.

That actually might be a great compromise option.
I like that idea a lot.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »

I propose that (please make each of these separate votes if possible):

The title of Chairman/Chairwoman will be changed to Queen (regardless of gender).

The title of Vice Chairman/Vice Chairwoman will be changed to King (regardless of gender).

The Progressive Union will have an Attorney General, whose title will be Progressive Advocate.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »

I propose that (please make each of these separate votes if possible):

The title of Chairman/Chairwoman will be changed to Queen (regardless of gender).

The title of Vice Chairman/Vice Chairwoman will be changed to King (regardless of gender).

The Progressive Union will have an Attorney General, whose title will be Progressive Advocate.

-_-
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »

I posted this in Labor HQ, but it needs to be repeated here.

As you may know, the Fix the Regions Amendment failed in the Senate entirely due to pro-consolidation Senators not showing up to vote. The amendment had enough votes to pass but failed because Gass, Xahar, and Napoleon didn't show up for the vote, thereby keeping the # of affirmative votes under 60%.

As one of the few Federalists who supports regional reform, this is very disappointing. I strongly encourage Labor Progressive Union voters to endorse and give high preferences to candidates who will actually show up to vote for their agenda in the upcoming at-large Senate elections.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #330 on: November 28, 2013, 10:58:13 PM »

My vote wouldn't have changed the result..
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »

You sponsored the amendment though… Huh
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »

You sponsored the amendment though… Huh

I hopped off the train when they went with the committee system. The idea needs a new approach.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »

I'm not afraid to vote against reform proposals that I don't strongly support because if its the right thing to do, it can be dkne right. If its something people don't really support and won't be cared about in two to theee weeks, it shouldn't just get pushed through.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »

Once again, a idea dies, and now we spend all of our time attacking each other.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »

Hey guys. Is Flo still running for the At-Large Senate Seat?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2013, 09:39:47 AM »

Hey guys. Is Flo still running for the At-Large Senate Seat?
I believe so.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »

I talked to him yesterday, he said he is still running...
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »

Remember? I asked the Labor Party and the Democratic-Republican endorsement for the election! No one has asked me questions in forever so my threads are just kind of .... there.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: December 01, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »

I'd like to humbly request the endorsement of the Progressive Union in the December At-Large Senate election.  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley
GAworth
United States

« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2013, 05:37:19 PM by GAworth »

Is Napoleon still a member of the Progressive Union?
Edit: Nevermind, I just saw he changed
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »

Well, we lost that Senate seat... But given Napoleon's activity levels and his betrayal of Regional Reform, I guess we never had it on the first place, so from December on Flo will be the first Progressive Senator!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »

Well, we lost that Senate seat... But given Napoleon's activity levels and his betrayal of Regional Reform, I guess we never had it on the first place, so from December on Flo will be the first Progressive Senator!

He'll be your first elected one at the very least. Napoleon was elected on a Labor ticket IIRC.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »

Yes, I was elected as a Labor member and at the time thought I would continue doing a good job. When that didn't work out with the Labor Party, I had a hard time getting back into things. Its time for new people to have a chance.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

He'll be your first elected one at the very least. Napoleon was elected on a Labor ticket IIRC.

If enough people first preference me... I really don't want me to suffer SJoyce's fate, where a lot of people preferenced him for 2nd choice, 3rd choice, 4th choice, and 5th choice. He would have been an amazing Senator, only if he had been elected.. Sad
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »

I would like to understand this agressive posturing against the Progressive Union. It's funny how a great majority of PRO members hates to involve on silly partisan conflicts. It's just incredible: At least one time per month, we've got folks like you making bad predictions and saying that our party doesn't have an ideology...

I feel disturbed by your comment and I wish that you only appear here to discuss ideas, not silly matters and this type of prediction.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »

I would like to understand this agressive posturing against the Progressive Union. It's funny how a great majority of PRO members hates to involve on silly partisan conflicts. It's just incredible: At least one time per month, we've got folks like you making bad predictions and saying that our party doesn't have an ideology...

I feel disturbed by your comment and I wish that you only appear here to discuss ideas, not silly matters and this type of prediction.

What did Assemblyman DC said? If anything, I think he is one of the Federalists that is more willing to work with us without resorting to attacks or any kind of prejudice. Besides, we are becoming increasingly partisan considering the whole Mideast recruitment scandal and the fact that we are currently silent on Regional Reform after all the noise we made back in October...
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2013, 11:00:33 PM »

This really sums the whole situation up:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2013, 09:21:18 AM »

What did Assemblyman DC said? If anything, I think he is one of the Federalists that is more willing to work with us without resorting to attacks or any kind of prejudice. Besides, we are becoming increasingly partisan considering the whole Mideast recruitment scandal and the fact that we are currently silent on Regional Reform after all the noise we made back in October...

I would kindly like to point out that I first preferenced Lumine/Superique for President last October. I'm hardly a hack.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies