Progressive Union HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 09:10:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Union HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Author Topic: Progressive Union HQ  (Read 22299 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2013, 04:00:18 PM »

LOL!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »

Welcome, Napoleon! Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »

Let's host a welcome party for our new members!

http://www.roadfood.com/photos/3003.jpg

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/a_w_root_beer.jpg

http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cookie-cake-2.jpg

Sorry for the lack of any alcoholic beverages, we're holding the party in Elliott County, Kentucky.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »

Third largest party, almost second in the Presidential election, Scott is now a Representative and Vicepresident DemPGH is now a Progressive (Welcome!), it's party time!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »

You did an impressive score Lumine, congrats Smiley.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »

You guys should have better party organization and loyalty, especially if you want to compete against Labor and the Federalists.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »

You guys should have better party organization and loyalty, especially if you want to compete against Labor and the Federalists.

I'm actually very happy with how well we have done for a party that is one month old.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2013, 04:50:28 PM »

Actually, 90% of Progressive voters gave Lumine/Superique first preference and 100% gave them first or second.  And... we only got one vote less than labor in the presidential election.  Sounds like pretty good competition to me!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

Welcome to the Progressive Union DemPGH!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »

Actually, 90% of Progressive voters gave Lumine/Superique first preference and 100% gave them first or second.  And... we only got one vote less than labor in the presidential election.  Sounds like pretty good competition to me!

Yeah, but you could have had a Senate seat right now if you had stuck together.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »

We do have a senate seat. Tyrion and Superique are both great candidates, so I simply could not decide. It came down to more than PRO's success. I don't wish that PRO becomes similar to Labor where everyone is expected to be partisan and vote party-line.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »

We do have a senate seat. Tyrion and Superique are both great candidates, so I simply could not decide. It came down to more than PRO's success. I don't wish that PRO becomes similar to Labor where everyone is expected to be partisan and vote party-line.

The issue here is to show more expression of our Party, if we want it to grow!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »

Look, I totally understand why you voted for Tyrion. I know he won because he is such a good candidate. That being said you had a great choice in Superique as well as you admit, so why not vote for your party's candidate?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »

Look, I totally understand why you voted for Tyrion. I know he won because he is such a good candidate. That being said you had a great choice in Superique as well as you admit, so why not vote for your party's candidate?
I didn't vote for Tyrion, I abstained. That being said, there are few circumstances where I would not vote for Superique. I enthusiastically cast my 1st preference to him and Lumine for Prez/VP. Tyrion is a friend of mine and has been a great governor, so I would have been happy to see either elected to the senate. I wasn't voting based on party, I was voting, or rather abstaining from voting, based on individuals.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »

First of all, PJ abstained from the vote because he couldn't choose. I voted for Tyrion. The reason is because I have seen how Tyrion has tried to improve the Pacific, and he did, and I thought he would be a great representative of all people here. This is nothing against Superique because I was truly undecided and at some points I leaned Tyrion, and at other points I leaned Superique, but I knew Superique is one of the best SoIA's that Atlasia has ever seen, and if he didn't get the vice presidency, I wanted him to stay as SoIA because it would be unbelievably difficult to find one as great as him. And that's why I voted for Tyrion, so we could get a great Senator and a great SoIA.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »

My bad PJ. I forgot you abstained. Yes, Superique wouldn't be SoIA anymore but now Tyrion won't be governor anymore.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »

For the record, I'd gladly endorse Superique for the SoIA position. He's basically created a model  for the position which future Secretaries should strive to match, and I should hope Duke sees it the same way.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »

I realized that PJ is right, some way or another we now hold the Vice Presidency, an At-Large Senate seat, the Midwest governorship, the soon to be Pacific Governorship, and a Representative in every single Regional Government!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »

Thanks everybody! I get along well with literally everyone here, so it'll be my pleasure to work with you all. Smiley I'll offer a toast. . . I think in the coming months we can do some special things.

GAworth
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »

Thanks everybody! I get along well with literally everyone here, so it'll be my pleasure to work with you all. Smiley I'll offer a toast. . . I think in the coming months we can do some special things.

Cheers!!!!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »

Yes, always good to see Scott active - and thanks, Siren. It's cool to see the center left so active and passionate about getting behind people. My hope was that our campaigns would cooperate. Smiley
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2013, 09:14:01 PM »

Cheers! Smiley  Welome, DemPGH!  Congratulations and good job to those who ran this month, and thanks to the party for supporting me in my bid.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »

Bump. By-laws are amended in the first post.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »

I believe amendments to our platform is next?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »

Yup, butafly has posted them in the Convention thread.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies