Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:05:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Biggest HP
British National Party (UK)

Progress Party (Norway)

Freedom Party (Netherlands)

Lega Nord (Italy)

NDP (Germany)

National Front (France)

Golden Dawn (Greece)

True Finns (Finland)

Flemish Interest (Belgium)

Danish People's Party (Denmark)

Sweden Democrats (Sweden)

Jobbik (Hungary)

FPO (Austria)

SVP (Switzerland)

Australia First (Australia)

Yisrael Beiteinu (Israel)

RNU (Russia)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Most Repugnant Right Wing party in Europe (plus Israel and Australia)  (Read 5348 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »

None of these parties are as bad as the 'center-right' parties that actually win elections and form governments in Europe/Israel/Australia. They provide a useful 'devil' for the existing political classes of those nations, of course. That's not saying I would ever vote for one of them, but I would be far more worried about the Conservative Party winning another election in the UK than I would the BNP scrounging up enough votes to take one seat.

What if these parties actually had good chances to win? Would you actually prefer them over the mainstream right parties? Sorry if I ask, but I've noticed a recent trend among my fellow forum leftists that worries me a bit.

And what would that trend be, if you don't mind me asking? As for the question, I am not sure I would bother casting a ballot if my choices were between folks who want to rob me blind and folks that want to deport all foreigners.

Marokai recently said he would support Le Pen over Hollande in France's 2012 election, which made my jaw drop. We've since clarified things a bit and I think he's at least partly changed his view, but that made me wonder if other forumites politically close to me share this view.

I would say that at least in the case of Jobbik and XA, "deport all foreigners" is probably the nicest of their stances.

Also Tweed said he'd support Golden Dawn over the mainstream Greek parties that favored austerity. Yeah it is pretty disturbing and inexplicable.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »

None of these parties are as bad as the 'center-right' parties that actually win elections and form governments in Europe/Israel/Australia. They provide a useful 'devil' for the existing political classes of those nations, of course. That's not saying I would ever vote for one of them, but I would be far more worried about the Conservative Party winning another election in the UK than I would the BNP scrounging up enough votes to take one seat.

What if these parties actually had good chances to win? Would you actually prefer them over the mainstream right parties? Sorry if I ask, but I've noticed a recent trend among my fellow forum leftists that worries me a bit.

And what would that trend be, if you don't mind me asking? As for the question, I am not sure I would bother casting a ballot if my choices were between folks who want to rob me blind and folks that want to deport all foreigners.

Marokai recently said he would support Le Pen over Hollande in France's 2012 election, which made my jaw drop. We've since clarified things a bit and I think he's at least partly changed his view, but that made me wonder if other forumites politically close to me share this view.

I would say that at least in the case of Jobbik and XA, "deport all foreigners" is probably the nicest of their stances.

Also Tweed said he'd support Golden Dawn over the mainstream Greek parties that favored austerity. Yeah it is pretty disturbing and inexplicable.

Tweed is the next Ernst Thalmann.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:10 AM »

I feel like noting for the record that I am not a defender of Golden Dawn.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 06:39:27 AM »

You can imagine our collective relief.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 06:43:03 AM »

You can imagine our collective relief.

Considering the responses one can get for even being mentioned in the same thread as one of these parties, I felt it a prudent precaution.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2013, 10:46:27 AM by Marnetmar »

I'd have to say Jobbik due to their political influence in Hungary

Might I ask why you're placing the Progress, Freedom, Lega Nord, People's, etc. parties in the same group as the ultra-right fascist parties? Yeah, they're wingnuts but they're not in the same league as parties like Golden Dawn and Jobbik at all.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »

I'd have to say Jobbik due to their political influence in Hungary

Might I ask why you're placing the Progress, Freedom, Lega Nord, People's, etc. parties in the same group as the ultra-right fascist parties? Yeah, they're wingnuts but they're not in the same league as parties like Golden Dawn and Jobbik at all.

It was by country, so yes I'm not saying GD or JB or NPD are anything close to Lega Nord (which is why I said Jobbik or Golden Dawn would be my vote not the others) but in each country those parties are still to the "right" and exert influence.

I'm going to do a revised poll now that the choices have been narrowed down
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »

Tweed is the next Ernst Thalmann.

I don't know. Ernst Thalmann is an important historical figure for Germany, not a failed troll at some obscure forum.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:54 AM »

I think it is clearly between Golden Dawn and Jobbik and I'd definitely say GD (or XA). Their level of violence and scariness seems to be on another level compared to Jobbik (which is of course still really really bad).

I think people are misinterpreting the meaning of the poll - he is picking the most repugnant right-wing party in each country (which has some type of influence). So there is no real comparison of them. They clearly fall into different clusters, where some are much much worse than others.

Finally, while I think it's been hinted at, it should be made explicit that one thing that facilitated the Nazi rise to power was the Communist decision to not view them as the sole or even main opponent. And hackish relativism of the kind exhibited here is pretty dangerous.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies