What percentage of white Americans are racist against whites?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:20:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What percentage of white Americans are racist against whites?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: What percentage of white Americans are racist against whites?
0%

0-10%

10-20%

20-30%

30-40%

40-50%

50-60%

60-70%

70-80%

80-90%

90-100%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: What percentage of white Americans are racist against whites?  (Read 10060 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:27:25 AM »

Assuming this is possible as some here seem to think....

I voted 0%. It's a negligible number. For example have you ever heard of a white moving to an almost all black neighborhood because they can't stand being around other white people and hate them so much?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:35:48 AM »

What does "racist" include?  Outright hatred of a racial group certainly qualifies.  "Not being able to stand being near" members of that group would obviously count.  But I would also classify holding negative stereotypes about a racial group as being racist as well, even if it has nothing to do with "hatred" as such.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:49:44 AM »

How should we know how many people are racist against Whites, there's no fuсking way to know how many are racist against Whites, I can't even make a qualified guess, no more than I could guess how many people are racist against Blacks, Arabs or Asians.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 06:03:13 AM »

Would we count Anglos that hate Wops?  Germanic types that hate the Irish?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 06:05:40 AM »

Again, does "racist" imply "hate"?  Aren't you still being racist if you judge people on the basis of unfair negative stereotypes, even if you don't hate them?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 06:28:37 AM »

<10%, but more like 20-30% of this board Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 06:55:59 AM »

A statistically insignificant share.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 08:00:43 AM »

No, since they're being hated for not being White enough.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 08:43:54 AM »

I would've qualified, but ever since I realized Portuguese-Americans can identify as Hispanic if they choose to, I do that.  Being half-German, I suppose I'm at least partially white, and white people certainly frighten me more than any other race.  I'll never move to a lily-white town, that's for sure. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »

I would've qualified, but ever since I realized Portuguese-Americans can identify as Hispanic if they choose to, I do that.  Being half-German, I suppose I'm at least partially white, and white people certainly frighten me more than any other race.  I'll never move to a lily-white town, that's for sure. 
Ah, but would you ever move to anywhere that has more than a smattering White people? And where the White people don't behave like decent middle-class Hispanic-Americans?
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »

A great deal if you consider classism a sufficiently related pathology.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »

Roughly 5%, and they're all on Tumblr.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2013, 10:38:50 AM by HockeyDude »

I would've qualified, but ever since I realized Portuguese-Americans can identify as Hispanic if they choose to, I do that.  Being half-German, I suppose I'm at least partially white, and white people certainly frighten me more than any other race.  I'll never move to a lily-white town, that's for sure.  
Ah, but would you ever move to anywhere that has more than a smattering White people? And where the White people don't behave like decent middle-class Hispanic-Americans?

I could move to a majority white place, actually.  I just prefer there be diversity.  Where people of different backgrounds live in harmony you tend to see less nastiness and institutionalized racism.  

Mind you, I'm not afraid of anyone, really.  However, a pack of honkies rocking pink polos coming towards me certainly has me more on guard than any "thuggish" looking black or brown in the city.  

Then again, I certainly LOOK white.  Maybe I would fear them more if I was a little darker.  As it is I just seem to have a year-round tan going on.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »

There are a lot of white on white crimes out there.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »

Yep.  Typocally its white collar theft perpetrated by rich owners against the poor, suffering worker.  I'm glad you see this, NJ-R person.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »

Yeah, pretty much all white liberals fall into this category.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »

Yep.  Typocally its white collar theft perpetrated by rich owners against the poor, suffering worker.  I'm glad you see this, NJ-R person.

It's called the Federal Reserve.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »

I would've qualified, but ever since I realized Portuguese-Americans can identify as Hispanic if they choose to, I do that.

Consider that krazen once used this line to argue that Pat Toomey counts as a minority Republican Senator, and you see how absurd it is. Plus look at a map and note what continent Portugal is on.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2013, 11:18:01 AM by Torie »

Some whites may think whites have acted as racist overbearing selfish types who seek to exploit others (in other words, it's the "whites' culture" that sucks if such a thing is even barely possible as a generalization), but a white hating whites because he hates white skin, and thus loathes or looks down on someone subject to getting sun burned?  I guess such chaps might exist, but they're at once sickies and rare.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 11:39:51 AM »

I would've qualified, but ever since I realized Portuguese-Americans can identify as Hispanic if they choose to, I do that.  Being half-German, I suppose I'm at least partially white, and white people certainly frighten me more than any other race.  I'll never move to a lily-white town, that's for sure.  

Mind you, I'm not afraid of anyone, really.  However, a pack of honkies rocking pink polos coming towards me certainly has me more on guard than any "thuggish" looking black or brown in the city.  

Homophobe!!!!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »

it's certainly possible to have a prejudice against another ethnic-national group that is considered White.  I have such a prejudice against Italians, for instance.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »

Some whites may think whites have acted as racist overbearing selfish types who seek to exploit others (in other words, it's the "whites' culture" that sucks if such a thing is even barely possible as a generalization), but a white hating whites because he hates white skin, and thus loathes or looks down on someone subject to getting sun burned?  I guess such chaps might exist, but they're at once sickies and rare.

If we're using that type of definition of "racist" though, then the black guy I know in the scene here who hates hip-hop and basically all of hip-hop and black culture is a self-hating anti-black racist. Or the ethnically Jewish but atheist guy on another forum who lives in Brooklyn and talks about how he thinks it'd be fun to throw slabs of pork at Hasidic synagogues and how he planned on walking through Borough Park on Yom Kippur eating a bacon cheeseburger (I'm not sure if he actually did it, he could've just been joking) is an anti-Semite and also bigoted against himself. Actually come to think of it this would also make just about all white people in the scene also anti-white racists due to their attitudes toward mainstream white culture.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »

it's certainly possible to have a prejudice against another ethnic-national group that is considered White.  I have such a prejudice against Italians, for instance.

What's your opinion of Guy Picciotto?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »

I could move to a majority white place, actually.  I just prefer there be diversity.  Where people of different backgrounds live in harmony you tend to see less nastiness and institutionalized racism.  

Then again, I certainly LOOK white.  Maybe I would fear them more if I was a little darker.  As it is I just seem to have a year-round tan going on.

Well I for one feel particularly offended by this judgment of my fellow whites, based solely on stereotypes and uninformed fears.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies