Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:02:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 166659 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: July 13, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »

I am through giving advice to Bushie, but I agree with Lief that he would be no better off with or without it. He has mostly ignored our advice, but on some occasions, I think he follows it unless he is lying (see JJ coming inside).

But I think the Update furthers his compulsive lying.

What reason do you have to think that?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1651 on: July 13, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »

It doesn't make it any worse. Bushie has always been a liar and always will be because he lacks the conviction to ever do the right thing. He has a weak mind and a very weak heart - a heart that can only focus on one thing and one thing alone - himself.

Despite not walking the poor dog for weeks, he manages to make it about his feelings. They will yell at me! He will never change. We all need to let this die and let bushie go back to his meager existence. He isn't worth of this sort of attention. It only feeds his enormous and misplaced sense of importance. In that respect yes, I think the update has made him worse.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1652 on: July 13, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »

Indeed, I just got out there and walked JJ for a half hour.

Excellent, now just keep doing that.  If you can't manage 30 minutes every day, start with just 15 minutes when you can't do more.  I mean, 15 minutes is nothing, how can you possibly not manage that?  Even if it's raining, just take an umbrella.  If it's not a torrential downpour, then you should manage.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well then, I assume the dog will be in the house until Thursday?  If the weather's good enough for her to be outside, then it's good enough for you to take her on a walk.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1653 on: July 13, 2013, 10:21:41 AM »

Bushie will you be mentioning your bad back to the interviewer?

No, because I have faith that God will either heal the back or make it bearable enough to stand on my feet and work.

As a followup to my last post, if you have faith that God will make it bearable to stand on your feet all day for work, then you should also have faith that He'll give you the strength to walk the dog every day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1654 on: July 13, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »

I'm sorry you feel that way, Duke.  Like I mentioned before, I struggle with pride.  Pride is not something that can be fixed overnight, it takes time, often a lifetime.  I am not a compulsive liar, anymore.  I have ceased with the fibbing.  Bringing the dog in on hot days is no lie.  Walking the dog this morning was no lie.  There are many things I struggle with, pride being the biggest of them all, but those who really know me say I have the biggest heart and am willing to help anybody with anything at anytime.  I am trying to break out of the rut I've been in by going to school in August, going in for a job interview this Tuesday, and attending worship every Sunday Morning.  I am no longer satisfied with the status quo.  There is a saying in the Christian community that says "God loves you just as you are, but He loves you too much to leave you there."  He doesn't call the qualified.  He qualifies the called.  That's why He has called me to Kenya.  I am nowhere near qualified on my own to serve overseas in that capacity, but He qualifies me Himself to serve Him wherever He wants me to serve Him.  I just have to be open and be moldable.   

There is no doubt that I love this dog.  I am not a perfect owner, but I don't have to be perfect.  I don't have to do everything right.  There are things I can do to become a better owner.  Right now, I give her shelter in the extreme heat and I change her water every two to three hours.  I am working on walking her more.  I'm not where I want to be in walking her, yet, but I am working on it.  I request people just be patient while I learn the ropes of being a good, loving, responsible owner.  I don't have to have all the answers right away and I don't have to do everything right, right now.  I'm human, I'm learning.  I will make mistakes, but I'm learning.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1655 on: July 13, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »

Of course, as you've said, you're planning on moving out on your own next year, so for the vast majority of Blondie's life, your parents will be her owners.  So the real question is how good of an owner will they be?  Will they only walk her once a month, and just leave her outside all day, not paying much attention to her, other than to change her water?  That's the bigger question.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1656 on: July 13, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »

Indeed, I just got out there and walked JJ for a half hour.

Excellent, now just keep doing that.  If you can't manage 30 minutes every day, start with just 15 minutes when you can't do more.  I mean, 15 minutes is nothing, how can you possibly not manage that?  Even if it's raining, just take an umbrella.  If it's not a torrential downpour, then you should manage.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well then, I assume the dog will be in the house until Thursday?  If the weather's good enough for her to be outside, then it's good enough for you to take her on a walk.

I'm going to be trying what dry time I can to walk her.  It may not be on a schedule the next four days, but I will try to find a dry half hour to so where I can walk her for just a few minutes.  The next "organized" walking will be Thursday.

She'll probably stay in the house over this week while it rains.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1657 on: July 13, 2013, 10:33:02 AM »

Of course, as you've said, you're planning on moving out on your own next year, so for the vast majority of Blondie's life, your parents will be her owners.  So the real question is how good of an owner will they be?  Will they only walk her once a month, and just leave her outside all day, not paying much attention to her, other than to change her water?  That's the bigger question.

If I can set the precedent of walking her at least every other day, then they will likely continue that trend.  Plus, for the second year of her life, I will live in a nearby apartment so I can come over quite often and walk her myself.  My goal is to "train my parents" so they can take care of her as I will have done.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1658 on: July 13, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »

My back doesn't feel too bad right now.  It is a little tight, and it feels like it could start hurting at any time, so I still have to be careful, but right now, it feels okay.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1659 on: July 13, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »

Just came inside from playing another 30 minutes with JJ, and doing a little training at the same time.  All three of us were out there.  We're going to leave around 1400 for our late lunch/early dinner.  Mexican food is on the menu.  We should be home around 1630.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1660 on: July 13, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »

Nietzche and Ayn Rand's love child could not write a more blistering critique of religion than the Update. Good show!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1661 on: July 13, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »

Welp, Target just sent me a rejection email.  Ahh well.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1662 on: July 13, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »

Have you even checked on your kids since the malaria outbreak?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1663 on: July 13, 2013, 02:24:44 PM »

I wish you could sue your employer for your bad back, Bushie.  In fact if I were you, I would consider that the plan all along.

(though I suppose it is probably the case that in America the worker can't sue the employer for anything)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1664 on: July 13, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »

Unemployed obese 31 yr old white Christian male seeks wealthy woman with children who a need a daddy.  Hiring a nanny to care for them required.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1665 on: July 13, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »

Unemployed obese 31 yr old white Christian male seeks wealthy woman with children who a need a daddy.  Hiring a nanny to care for them him required.

Fixed it for you.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1666 on: July 13, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »

Unemployed obese 31 yr old white Christian male seeks wealthy woman with children who a need a daddy.  Hiring a nanny to care for them required.

You know its a lot more likely he could find this than that he could get any real benefit from a job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1667 on: July 13, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

I wish you could sue your employer for your bad back, Bushie.  In fact if I were you, I would consider that the plan all along.

(though I suppose it is probably the case that in America the worker can't sue the employer for anything)

What employer?  I haven't had an employer since February at the end of my time in Utah and my back didn't start hurting until 3 1/2 weeks ago!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1668 on: July 13, 2013, 03:36:21 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2013, 03:41:41 PM by Kenya 2015 »

Grumps, I am still waiting on a response.  I sent the Maisha Director who is still in Kenya for another week and a half a facebook message, and am waiting for a response.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1669 on: July 13, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »

I received a major blessing on the way to On the Border this afternoon!  My dad asked me about my plans to move to Kenya, as far as timeline, what I plan to do.  He is very much in favor.  He has known about it for sometime, and I reminded him the day I got back from Kenya last week, but up until now he has been rather silent on it, so I was very encouraged to hear that he is asking me questions about it and not only encourages the move, but also encourages starting to learn the language as soon as possible.  He even encourages the timeline!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1670 on: July 13, 2013, 03:43:59 PM »

Inks stop trying to ruin Update for all of us. He wants to keep it going; let him keep it going. Thanks.

If he wants to keep it going, I'll ing let him keep it going.  I'm genuinely curious why he's engaging in an activity he admits is unhealthy.  Why the hell do you care anyway?

Because it's a way for him to connect with people, even in an unhealthy way, and the alternative is silence. Is that hard to understand?

For Inks it is......Inks has sadly become a complete heartless monster in my mind.......
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1671 on: July 13, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »

What employer?  I haven't had an employer since February at the end of my time in Utah and my back didn't start hurting until 3 1/2 weeks ago!

I meant your future employer.  Claim the pain started after you worked at whatever sweatshop hires you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1672 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »

I meant your future employer.  Claim the pain started after you worked at whatever sweatshop hires you.

That would be extremely dishonest.  If my pain started BEFORE I work somewhere, worker's comp is going to fly like a lead balloon.  I may be dumb, but I'm smart enough to know that!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1673 on: July 13, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »

Of course, Dad has always been behind both of his boys.  He supports our dreams and our aspirations.  He supported my brother joining the Navy and he supports me moving to Kenya.  His only stipulation is that we finance our dreams and aspirations completely without his and Mom's support.  For my calling to Kenya, he sees absolutely nothing wrong with it, but wants to make sure that I am no longer under their dole and that my bills are completely paid off.  He likes the idea of me getting a part time job now, so I can start putting money aside to go to Kenya in 2015, pay for my kids, and use the rest of it to pay my bills off.  With discipline, the paycheck, and by snowballing the bills, I can easily get completely out of debt within two years.  That includes my credit cards, my student loan with CAD added on, and the other debts I have.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1674 on: July 13, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »

That would be extremely dishonest.  If my pain started BEFORE I work somewhere, worker's comp is going to fly like a lead balloon.  I may be dumb, but I'm smart enough to know that!

To bad if you told anybody about it.  If you hadn't, you could've claimed it.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies