Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:23:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 168122 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: July 12, 2013, 10:37:11 PM »

Good Friday Evening.  It's been a pretty good day not doing much.  I am tired tonight, though, and may turn in early tonight.  Tomorrow, I have to get the oil changed in my car and then go out to eat with Mom and Dad in the late afternoon.  Other than that, I don't have much going on.  I'll probably turn in early tomorrow night, as well, possibly 2230 since I need to be up by 0645 Sunday for Sunday School and Morning Worship and I want to be fully rested for Sunday morning.

Try doing something around the house instead of sitting on your lazy bum all day.  Quit making your poor dad do EVERYTHING.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1626 on: July 13, 2013, 05:02:21 AM »

He's going to bring up how he can't work Sundays several times during this interview with JC Penny, isn't he?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1627 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:25 AM »

He's going to bring up how he can't work Sundays several times during this interview with JC Penny, isn't he?

No, I'm only to bring it up once and then drop it.  And that one time is only if I'm asked about my availability.  Mostly, I will play it by ear.  Other than bringing it up one time, I will ask God to give me Sunday morning's off.  He can do that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1628 on: July 13, 2013, 07:16:52 AM »

Good Saturday Morning! It is a little after 0700. I slept real well for a full 9 1/2 hours. I was exhausted last night. I need to get the oil changed in my car this morning around 0930 and then leave for dinner at 1530 or 1600. Tonight, at 1900, I am going to shift gears and watch In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley, have a personal quiet time at 2000, and watch Billy Graham at 2100. I'm going to try to be in bed by 2230 and so I can be awake by 0630 Sunday so I can be at Eastwood Baptist Church by 0850 in preparation for Sunday School at 0930 and Morning Worship Service at 1045.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1629 on: July 13, 2013, 07:19:11 AM »

I'm sure your God appreciates you reminding Him of what all He can do for you to make your life easier and more leisurely
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1630 on: July 13, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »

I'm sure your God appreciates you reminding Him of what all He can do for you to make your life easier and more leisurely

If He gives me Sunday's off, then I will be spending that time worshiping Him.  If he doesn't give me Sunday morning's off, then I will be worshiping Him on the sales floor at JC Penney.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1631 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:56 AM »

No, I'm only to bring it up once and then drop it.  And that one time is only if I'm asked about my availability.  Mostly, I will play it by ear.  Other than bringing it up one time, I will ask God to give me Sunday morning's off.  He can do that.

Your church has no Saturday service or no multiple Sunday services? There are no alternate churches you could go to just in case?

I get that Sunday morning is a special time. But I think God would be okay with you looking out for yourself, too. Doesn't mean you're putting him last.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1632 on: July 13, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »

Bushie will you be mentioning your bad back to the interviewer?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1633 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:57 AM »

No, because I have faith that God will either heal the back or make it bearable enough to stand on my feet and work.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1634 on: July 13, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »

No, because I have faith that God will either heal the back or make it bearable enough to stand on my feet and work.

Ever hear that story about the massive flood and the guy stuck on the roof who insisted that God would save him?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1635 on: July 13, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »

Bushie how did your parents react to the news of you having an interview?  As I recall they didnt want you to work?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1636 on: July 13, 2013, 08:04:10 AM »

Bushie, out of curiosity, how many days has it been since you got back from Kenya?  And in roughly how many of those days have you taken Blondie out for a walk?  Have you done it even once?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1637 on: July 13, 2013, 08:28:32 AM »

Sadly, Morden, I have to be honest, I haven't walked her.  I have played with her outside, but I haven't walked her.  We keep talking about it, but so far we haven't done it.

Tik, yes, I have heard that story, but it doesn't apply to this situation.

Walter, they were excited about the interview.  They also know the only way I'm getting to Kenya in 2015 is by getting a job now.  Their preference would have been for me to wait on employment, but they certainly have no objections to me wanting to bring in some income and help pay down my bills so I can go.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1638 on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:26 AM »

Their preference would have been for me to wait on employment
Huh
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1639 on: July 13, 2013, 08:41:35 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2013, 08:45:07 AM by Mr. Morden »

Sadly, Morden, I have to be honest, I haven't walked her.  I have played with her outside, but I haven't walked her.  We keep talking about it, but so far we haven't done it.

You've been home for ~10 days now, and you have a two or three month old puppy, and you haven't walked her once, even though you don't have a job and don't have school, and are just sitting around for several hours each day watching TV?  Good grief.

When was the last time either you or either of your parents walked her, whether before, during, or after your trip to Kenya?

EDIT: Approx. how much time do you or your parents spend playing with her outside each day, on average?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1640 on: July 13, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »

Sadly, Morden, I have to be honest, I haven't walked her.  I have played with her outside, but I haven't walked her.  We keep talking about it, but so far we haven't done it.

You've been home for ~10 days now, and you have a two or three month old puppy, and you haven't walked her once, even though you don't have a job and don't have school, and are just sitting around for several hours each day watching TV?  Good grief.

When was the last time either you or either of your parents walked her, whether before, during, or after your trip to Kenya?

I'm thinking the last weekend of June, two weeks ago.

Morden, why do you desire to start a conversation where there is no doubt I will get yelled at to no end?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1641 on: July 13, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »

We spend about an hour to hour and a half.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1642 on: July 13, 2013, 08:46:04 AM »

Every day, God gives you another day to live. It is his to take away. And everything in it is a gift that we don't deserve. So.. walk the dog and don't spank the monkey, I guess.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1643 on: July 13, 2013, 08:47:11 AM »

Morden, why do you desire to start a conversation where there is no doubt I will get yelled at to no end?

I'm not yelling at you.  I was just asking a few questions.  If you don't want other people to yell at you, then don't do ridiculous things like not walk your dog for weeks on end.  Why not go outside right now and walk Blondie for ~20 minutes?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1644 on: July 13, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »

We've been over this time after time, but they would prefer me focus 100% on my school.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1645 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:32 AM »

I'm not yelling at you.  I was just asking a few questions.  If you don't want other people to yell at you, then don't do ridiculous things like not walk your dog for weeks on end.  Why not go outside right now and walk Blondie for ~20 minutes?

I just checked the weather in Oklahoma City (which isn't quite where you are, but close enough).  They say it's ~82 F right now, so still not too hot to go on a short walk.  Just go on a short walk with the dog now, because it'll be much hotter later in the day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1646 on: July 13, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »

I know you're not yelling at me, but other people will undoubtedly take this as an invitation to yell at me for the next 15 pages.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1647 on: July 13, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »

And, I'll probably go out there and walk her and play with her for a bit.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1648 on: July 13, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »

Inks stop trying to ruin Update for all of us. He wants to keep it going; let him keep it going. Thanks.

If he wants to keep it going, I'll ing let him keep it going.  I'm genuinely curious why he's engaging in an activity he admits is unhealthy.  Why the hell do you care anyway?

Because it's a way for him to connect with people, even in an unhealthy way, and the alternative is silence. Is that hard to understand?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1649 on: July 13, 2013, 09:37:10 AM »

Indeed, I just got out there and walked JJ for a half hour.  She wears me out with all her energy!  I'm glad I walked today, because it's going to be a challenge to find a dry spot the next four days.  We're supposed to have a storm system moving in from the east (retrograding) that is supposed to drag in all the moisture from the Southeast and the remnants of Tropical Storm Chantal, giving all 77 counties in Oklahoma a good drink of water for four days.  The temperatures will be a lot cooler, highs in the 70's and 80's, but it will be likely too wet to be able to take the dog for a walk.  Hopefully, by Thursday, I can take her out for another 30 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies