Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:23:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164418 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 26, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »

It would be weird explaining to (probably undernourished) poor Kenyan children that their sponsor father (who isn't really their sponsor since he has no money of his own) lives with his parents, has never had a stable job, makes limited efforts to actually find one, spends his days eating fast food while still insisting he's dieting, and can't take care of a dog.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1001 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »

Actually as noted, Bushie is not their sponsor father, but sponsor nephew. I wonder if they know this?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1002 on: June 26, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »

Actually as noted, Bushie is not their sponsor father, but sponsor nephew. I wonder if they know this?

i doubt the sponsees know anything like that.  they are likely pawns in the game.  they obviously arent getting the money if they didnt even have shoes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1003 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:59 AM »

I expect a large portion of his grandmother's donation goes to paying the staff of the orphanage, the upkeep of the facilities, etc. It doesn't sound like much of it goes to buying clothes for the kids, especially if he's having to buy them shoes and other things while he's there.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1004 on: June 26, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »

I expect a large portion of his grandmother's donation goes to paying the staff of the orphanage, the upkeep of the facilities, etc. It doesn't sound like much of it goes to buying clothes for the kids, especially if he's having to buy them shoes and other things while he's there.

I'm thinking Granny is the anonymous donor who coughs up $2K for his airfaire as well.  He says no, but he says it's an anonymous donor.......I'm betting it's Granny.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1005 on: June 26, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »

I'm thinking Granny is the anonymous donor who coughs up $2K for his airfaire as well.  He says no, but he says it's an anonymous donor.......I'm betting it's Granny.

Oh, definitely. This church doesn't seem like it's full of moneyed people, so I am almost certain it's his grandmother or someone related to him. I assume she has more money than his parents, but that's just an assumption.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1006 on: June 26, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »

Oh, definitely. This church doesn't seem like it's full of moneyed people, so I am almost certain it's his grandmother or someone related to him. I assume she has more money than his parents, but that's just an assumption.

Right.  His denials of it being Granny area as speculative as our guess that it is, since the donor is anonymous
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1007 on: June 26, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »

poor blondie.

http://ow.ly/i/2sn2o
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1008 on: June 26, 2013, 01:09:49 PM »

I'm taking my children from my grandmother by August 1.  The money keeps them in school.  Kenya has school fees and if your parents don't have the money, you don't get an education.  Plain and simple.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1009 on: June 26, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »

It's going to be super frustrating trying to bring Bushie back to reality after he returns from Kenya. I'm prepared though, I can assure you Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1010 on: June 26, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »

It's going to be super frustrating trying to bring Bushie back to reality after he returns from Kenya. I'm prepared though, I can assure you Wink

It was tough after the last season that he went there.....calling himself an  American-African, referring to the Kenyan President as his President along with Obama......it's going to be like a heroin user in a rehab ward.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1011 on: June 26, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »

Folks, I have just been in deep prayer and convicted by my God of not living up to my fatherly duties as the spiritual head of the household though we are 8,500 miles apart.  I have also been convicted of not being focused on God's Kingdom, rather trying to build Jeff's kingdom.  I need to spend more time with my God praying daily for my children.  I am also going to start tapering my use of the forum.  I'm going to try eventually break away from the forum entirely.  The Update will be the first to slow down. Then the rest of the forum will taper.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2013, 01:40:38 PM »

Folks, I have just been in deep prayer and convicted by my God of not living up to my fatherly duties as the spiritual head of the household though we are 8,500 miles apart.  I have also been convicted of not being focused on God's Kingdom, rather trying to build Jeff's kingdom.  I need to spend more time with my God praying daily for my children.  I am also going to start tapering my use of the forum.  I'm going to try eventually break away from the forum entirely.  The Update will be the first to slow down. Then the rest of the forum will taper.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »

We've lost him, boys. RIP, Bushie.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »

i take this as confirmation that cad is dead as well.

hopefully blondie is doing okay in the oppressive heat.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1015 on: June 26, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »

No words.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1016 on: June 26, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »

Don't worry guys, he won't leave. This is just another of his ideas.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1017 on: June 26, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »

I mean, the bible doesn't say to not better yourself. But I think Bushie and I read an entirely different Bible.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1018 on: June 26, 2013, 03:16:33 PM »

I'll believe this when I see it.  You may stay away for a little bit, but short of changing your password and email, I don't see you ever leaving the forum.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1019 on: June 26, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »

I'll believe this when I see it.  You may stay away for a little bit, but short of changing your password and email, I don't see you ever leaving the forum.

Same. If he even wanted to stick to what he says, why wouldn't he lock the thread?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1020 on: June 26, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2013, 03:23:28 PM by VP Duke »

Bushie still doesn't seem to understand he will never be able to be with these kids without marrying someone. The best he will ever be able to do is visit them at the orphanage and continue to send them money every month. Like JJ, they deserve parents that can provide for them, not to be used to fulfill some parenting fantasy, just like it's wrong to use JJ to fulfill his desires to have a puppy without actually giving it a good home.

I am not trying to rain on his parade. That is reality.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1021 on: June 26, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »

I have also been convicted of not being focused on God's Kingdom, rather trying to build Jeff's kingdom.  I need to spend more time with my God praying daily for my children. 

Bushie, trying to get an education and a decent job to support yourself isn't as grandiose as building Jeff's kingdom, and it certainly doesn't violate any biblical principles.

Pray after work/school.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1022 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »

God helps those who help themselves.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1023 on: June 26, 2013, 04:07:05 PM »

The lack of JJ updates leads me to believe the poor puppy "has been sent to live on the farm upstate." Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1024 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:33 PM »

The lack of JJ updates leads me to believe the poor puppy "has been sent to live on the farm upstate." Sad

RIP, fearless puppy. Cry
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies