Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:15:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165338 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »

Bushie what are you going to do when it's a 100 degrees and blazing hot?  Leave the dog outside?

by that time he will have lost interest in the dog.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »

Bushie should take the dog to Kenya with him!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »

Why can't JJ live inside? It's way too hot for that poor little puppy to sit out in the heat. He could die!

The thing is adorable, I am just afraid Bushie is keeping it for all the wrong reasons. It's a life we're talking about here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »

We'll have to think of some place creative and cool for JJ to stay during the hot months.  We did get him some chew toys and some balls to play fetch with to get him some exercise.  I told my Dad that maybe I should be the one to run and catch the balls. Smiley  Especially after a disastrous dinner.  This was not a good meal in terms of any diet.  We went to "The Delta Cafe" in Shawnee, and I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries, a Diet Dr Pepper, and the worst thing was a vanilla malt.  I know ice cream should be completely banned when trying to lose weight, but I talked myself into having one.  If there's any consolation, the malt wasn't very good so I probably won't get a malt from there again.  I will likely back pedal some in the morning.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »

Jesus man, do you have no self control whatsoever? You eat more burgers than anyone I've ever seen! I haven't had a burger in forever. And your trigger for migraines is sweet stuff, yet you're constantly eating sweets! It's mind boggling!

Also, why is JJ not allowed in your house?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »

Jesus man, do you have no self control whatsoever? You eat more burgers than anyone I've ever seen! I haven't had a burger in forever. And your trigger for migraines is sweet stuff, yet you're constantly eating sweets! It's mind boggling!

The sweet stuff is mitigated by salty stuff, like french fries.  As far as the burger goes.  I was thinking about a Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich and then Mom and Dad both piped up and said "Get what you want here and diet at home."  That wasn't a wise saying on their part, but having no self control, I heeded their "advice".

We have a cat in the house who is very territorial and would not approve of JJ being in the house.  She probably wouldn't stand a chance against JJ, as she is 15 years and declawed and he is 6-7 weeks and clawed, but still if we had both of them in the house there would be hell to pay.  Nobody would get any sleep.  The cat, Molly, already doesn't like JJ being on the front porch because it draw Momma's attention away from her.  Molly does not like to share the lime light.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:36 PM »

Dude, maybe you just shouldn't have a dog?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #482 on: June 14, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »

The sweet stuff is mitigated by salty stuff, like french fries.  As far as the burger goes.  I was thinking about a Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich and then Mom and Dad both piped up and said "Get what you want here and diet at home."  That wasn't a wise saying on their part, but having no self control, I heeded their "advice".

We have a cat in the house who is very territorial and would not approve of JJ being in the house.  She probably wouldn't stand a chance against JJ, as she is 15 years and declawed and he is 6-7 weeks and clawed, but still if we had both of them in the house there would be hell to pay.  Nobody would get any sleep.  The cat, Molly, already doesn't like JJ being on the front porch because it draw Momma's attention away from her.  Molly does not like to share the lime light.

And knowing this, you still allow them to make important life decisions for you? They take their morbidly obese son to dinner and encourage him to order a bacon cheeseburger? And a vanilla malt? I don't even.... it's almost like they're trying to kill you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #483 on: June 14, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »

I need to stop reading this thread in public.  I had to excuse myself for laughing too hard.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »

I need to stop reading this thread in public.  I had to excuse myself for laughing too hard.

You and Phil both. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2013, 08:21:54 PM »

And knowing this, you still allow them to make important life decisions for you? They take their morbidly obese son to dinner and encourage him to order a bacon cheeseburger? And a vanilla malt? I don't even.... it's almost like they're trying to kill you.

Good thing you don't have to imagine it.  It's not your life we're concerned with.  Sometimes, the best thing you can do is roll your eyes and move on.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »

The sweet stuff is mitigated by salty stuff, like french fries.

Yes.  As long as you have an equal amount from the sugar and salt food groups, you should be fine.

That would be an interesting Update subplot: Bushie's parents try to kill him for the insurance money.  Maybe they paid off Hobo Orgy Guy to throw the rock at Bushie.  Everyone seems to be out to get him now: Hobo Orgy Guy, his parents, the adoption laws in Kenya, the cat for letting a dog near the house.  Bushie's only "true" friend is Blondie, and he's not even allowed to call him by his proper name, because his father / wannabe assassin insists on naming him after a member of Atlas.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »

That would make an interesting M Night twist.
Bushie is taken away on the stretcher and his parents snicker "maybe his AmeriPlan will cover it" before cracking open a box of Franza to celebrate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »

That is an interesting plot twist. Bushie's parents know good and well he certainly isn't dieting at home either.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

Scumbag Bushie's parents:

Tells him he can get what he wants and diet at home.

Cooks him unhealthy garbage at home.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »

there seems to be some co-dependent issues going on in the bushie household.

i believe him when he says his parents wanted him to move back.  and his dad went out of his way to give him his own room and fridge!

maybe somewhere deep inside they dont want him to be too successful and fly the coop, so to speak?

there could be many reasons for this.  maybe they are unhappy and bushie is the glue that keeps them together?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »

there seems to be some co-dependent issues going on in the bushie household.

i believe him when he says his parents wanted him to move back.  and his dad went out of his way to give him his own room and fridge!

maybe somewhere deep inside they dont want him to be too successful and fly the coop, so to speak?

there could be many reasons for this.  maybe they are unhappy and bushie is the glue that keeps them together?

This has been my thought for sometime. I mean, they don't even sleep in the same bedroom and apparently haven't for a long time. That tells me all I need to know about how happy their marriage is. That and the fact that Bushie and his mom have secrets his dad doesn't know about. They definitely want him living there because they're horrified about living together alone.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »

there could be many reasons for this.  maybe they are unhappy and bushie is the glue that keeps them together?

They do sleep in different rooms, and Bushie has told his mother about his desire to move to Kenya permanently, but not his father, or something like that?  Some really weird familial dynamics going on there.

EDIT: Ha, Duke posts my thoughts ahead of me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »

I just went in and talked to Mom for a little bit before she went to bed and I mentioned to her that we really need to start cooking healthier and eating healthier.  She completely agreed.  There's not much point in starting in the last 5 days before I leave, but after I get back and after the 4th of July, we are going to make out a menu that will allow for healthier eating consisting of a meat and two or three vegetables.  I'm also going to try to force myself to like salad.  If I can get into eating salad, that alone will open a lot of menu choices at restaurants such as the one we went to tonight.  Mom and Grandma both got a salad.  The only downfall of the salad is it had fried chicken instead of grilled chicken, but if they can switch it to grilled chicken, it will be a lot better.  The menu when I get back will also drastically reduce the McDonald's and Braum's trips and allow for more food experimenting at home.  Dad will be going back to a normal work schedule on July 1 and will be off of this 60 hours per week marathon that he has been on since March 1, so we will have more time as a family to experiment with food at home and in the process, eat healthier.  Also, when I get back, I'm going to try to just get out there and walk.  Even if I have to go to Walmart and make 10 laps around the store, that will be better than just sitting on my dairy-air all day long.  I should get a good start when I am in Kenya.  I have just let so many excuses get in my way that I am surprised I have even dropped 8 pounds.  It is not my parents fault.  It was my fault.  I had the power to get that Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with a Diet Dr Pepper, but I chose the easy way out and got the Bacon Cheeseburger, Diet Dr Pepper, Fries, and Vanilla Malt.  Even though I live with them, I still have the power to at least eat healthier at breakfast and lunch and, at the very least, cut back on the amount of food I eat at dinner.  I don't want to waste my parent's food, but what I don't eat that night, Dad can either take to work for lunch the next day or I can have the next day for lunch.  The only thing that doesn't keep that we have on a regular basis is the taco salad.  Everything else keeps for at least a day or two.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »

Also, on the caffeine, on our trip to Walmart, I got Caffeine Diet Dr Pepper for the day time and Caffeine-Free Diet Dr Pepper for the evenings.  I'm going to put some in my refrigerator and start drinking Caffeine Free after supper each evening so I might have a better chance to sleep.  It's worth a shot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »

I got a health report from the Indian doctor a few days ago and It gives me a list of medical conditions that I currently have.

1) Tourette's Syndrome
2) Migraine Headaches
3) Obesity, BMI 42.13
4) Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)
5) Allergies.

It also gives me my cholesterol and triglyceride counts:

Total cholesterol - 181 mg/dL - which is a desirable level - low risk of coronary heart disease.
HDL (Good Cholesterol) - 41 - A major risk factor for heart disease
LDL (Bad Cholesterol) - 116 - Near or above optimal
Triglycerides - 116 - Normal.

So, the only thing really bad is my HDL.  He gave me the fish oil just a precaution and a prevention method.

The levels can be verified at http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/AboutCholesterol/What-Your-Cholesterol-Levels-Mean_UCM_305562_Article.jsp

BMI is horrendous, as to be expected.

Blood Pressure is normal.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »

Anyone know what percentile of the general population 42.1 would put Bushie in?  A quick Google search didn't turn up anything.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #497 on: June 14, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »

In all the time reading your posts you have gone into detail about changing calendars and focusing on Christmas but I never remember you talking in much detail about your Tourette's. You mention it in passing frequently.  How does this present itself?  Why do you think you continually went in jobs that were ill suited to your condition?

If you actually tried you could see a marked improvement in your health in several months. As time goes by you are only making it harder on yourself.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #498 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »

According to Wikipedia, 2% of American men have a BMI of 40 or more. So Bushie may very well be in the top 1%.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »

He's definitely morbidly obese.

I don't think he cares though. His entire post above is just the same thing he's said for years now, and he continues to go just the opposite. Words mean nothing to me, as I have said, and I doubt he will ever change, which is too bad, because I like Bushie and I don't want him to die.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies