Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:16:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165987 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2013, 08:41:32 PM »

Maybe you just don't drink enough caffeine for your weight. I hardly think it sedates you. Chemistry doesn't allow it.

It has always made me sleepy.  It also helps with my headaches.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2013, 08:43:20 PM »

Texas Rangers fan, eh? What is your opinion of THE ball clubs? The Boys from the Bay, and The Bronx Bombers.

Overrated.  Especially, the Skankees.  The Giants are good, but they're still evil.  They are the West Coast Yankees for me.
Ah, your just jealous of what the Giants did to the Rangers 3 years ago. Wink

The Rangers are actually my second favorite team.  My favorite is St Louis Cardinals.  I am too far inside their market that I can't get their games, so I have to watch the Rangers.  2 years ago was a dream come true for me - St Louis Cardinals vs. Texas Rangers in a 7 Game World Series.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »

You've just had so much soda that you've grown a tolerance to caffeine. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #428 on: June 13, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »

You've just had so much soda that you've grown a tolerance to caffeine. Wink

That could be true.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #429 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »

Texas Rangers fan, eh? What is your opinion of THE ball clubs? The Boys from the Bay, and The Bronx Bombers.

Overrated.  Especially, the Skankees.  The Giants are good, but they're still evil.  They are the West Coast Yankees for me.

The Rangers are actually my second favorite team.  My favorite is St Louis Cardinals.  I am too far inside their market that I can't get their games, so I have to watch the Rangers.  2 years ago was a dream come true for me - St Louis Cardinals vs. Texas Rangers in a 7 Game World Series.
Ah, cool! You must me double jealous because of last year's NLCS epic comeback. Wink My two favorite teams are kind of strange, because when they were both in New York they hated each other.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:42 PM »

Ah, cool! You must me double jealous because of last year's NLCS epic comeback. Wink My two favorite teams are kind of strange, because when they were both in New York they hated each other.

That was an epic comeback and the Giants deserved that one.  I never thought the Cardinals would win it last year, so I wasn't too disappointed.  I would have preferred the Tigers winning the World Series, but everyone knew they didn't stand a chance against Buster Posey and Co.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2013, 08:52:23 PM »

Call the police over a found dog? You guys have been watching too many 50s sitcoms.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »

Call the police over a found dog? You guys have been watching too many 50s sitcoms.

Why not? People routinely call police departments about lost wallets, etc., what would be the harm in giving them a call?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2013, 08:56:34 PM »

Why not? People routinely call police departments about lost wallets, etc., what would be the harm in giving them a call?

It might distract them from their investigations of all the rock throwing going on in Oklahoma.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »

That was an epic comeback and the Giants deserved that one.  I never thought the Cardinals would win it last year, so I wasn't too disappointed.  I would have preferred the Tigers winning the World Series, but everyone knew they didn't stand a chance against Buster Posey and Co.

I was pretty disappointed at first last year when it really looked like the Giants were going down against the Reds. So there was that comeback, then the one against the Cards, so by the time we got to Detroit they were far too hot to lose.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »

Bushie, why don't you call the police about this dog?  It could belong to someone, have been missing for some time, and the owner would presumably like to find it.  (Or maybe you'd rather just adopt it for yourself, just like adopting orphans from Kenya?)

Also, with regard to your sleeping problems, one thing that can help one sleep better is getting some exercise during the day.  But that's probably too extreme a solution for you.

We have looked online for missing dogs and nothing has turned up.

You're not going to pick up the phone and call anyone, like a shelter or something, asking about how to find the owner if there is one?  You're just going to rely on your own internet detective skills, the same skills which have led you into falling for numerous scam jobs?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:22 PM »

Bushie, why don't you call the police about this dog?  It could belong to someone, have been missing for some time, and the owner would presumably like to find it.  (Or maybe you'd rather just adopt it for yourself, just like adopting orphans from Kenya?)

Also, with regard to your sleeping problems, one thing that can help one sleep better is getting some exercise during the day.  But that's probably too extreme a solution for you.

We have looked online for missing dogs and nothing has turned up.

You're not going to pick up the phone and call anyone, like a shelter or something, asking about how to find the owner if there is one?  You're just going to rely on your own internet detective skills, the same skills which have led you into falling for numerous scam jobs?

I have awesome Internet skills.  I also check flyers at the local grocery store which is a gathering place for missing dog flyers.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #437 on: June 13, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »

It's not something they do. They concern themselves with crime. And there's plenty of it to occupy them. Lost wallets carry the threat of ID theft, which is a serious situation. But feel free to call them. It may make them chuckle, and hopefully they won't chew you out for wasting their time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »

Bushie wants a puppy regardless of whether its anyone else's. I'm sure I would too if I was living his life.

If seems like they live in the middle of nowhere, so an abandoned puppy actually seems plausible.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

It's not something they do. They concern themselves with crime. And there's plenty of it to occupy them. Lost wallets carry the threat of ID theft, which is a serious situation. But feel free to call them. It may make them chuckle, and hopefully they won't chew you out for wasting their time.

Sounds like you have the worst police department in the nation.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »

Because they're focused on crimes instead of dogs? The police have a scary and difficult job. I give them a lot of credit. It's not Barney Fife and Mayberry out there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »

Especially in places like Memphis Wink
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2013, 09:47:21 PM by Paul Kemp »

Because they're focused on crimes instead of dogs? The police have a scary and difficult job. I give them a lot of credit. It's not Barney Fife and Mayberry out there.

Are you familiar with Humane Divisions of Law Enforcement? Also, if they don't have such a thing they could direct you to the proper places to get said information. I'm not sure how a two minute phone call really throws a wrench in crime fighting. I would hope your own Memphis Police would direct you to here: http://www.memphishumane.org/.

Also, being that dog was emaciated and potentially abandoned you don't think that may potentially be a matter that police may be interested in? I'm not saying for this specific situation or there's some massive dog fighting ring going on or something but it could be signs of larger abuse.

Any police department that would simply "chuckle" at the report of a found dog would be irresponsible and unprofessional in regard to animal welfare issues to say the least.

If any one is thinking of the police as Barney Fife's, it's you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2013, 10:07:26 PM »

We'll keep looking for a little while, but we'll probably end up keeping JJ.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »

Maybe you just don't drink enough caffeine for your weight. I hardly think it sedates you. Chemistry doesn't allow it.

No.  It's causing you to have the headaches in the first place.  What you are describing are withdrawal symptoms and if you are suffering them when you don't get your caffeine fix, then you definitely need to cut back if you can and if you can't, you need to go cold turkey and don't have any at all while you break your drug habit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »

No.  It's causing you to have the headaches in the first place.  What you are describing are withdrawal symptoms and if you are suffering them when you don't get your caffeine fix, then you definitely need to cut back if you can and if you can't, you need to go cold turkey and don't have any at all while you break your drug habit.

My headaches are genetically caused.  Plus, I know my body better than anyone here.  Drugs don't affect everybody the same way.  It's not one size fits all.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »

It sure sounds like Bushie is not making a good faith effort to find out who the dog's real owner is and actually return it to them.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »

No.  It's causing you to have the headaches in the first place.  What you are describing are withdrawal symptoms and if you are suffering them when you don't get your caffeine fix, then you definitely need to cut back if you can and if you can't, you need to go cold turkey and don't have any at all while you break your drug habit.

My headaches are genetically caused.  Plus, I know my body better than anyone here.  Drugs don't affect everybody the same way.  It's not one size fits all.

Genetically-caused headaches?  Which doctor made that diagnosis?  What you've described are classic symptoms of caffeine withdrawal, so unless you've had a specific genetic marker for headaches found in your genome, I'd be far more inclined to blame the caffeine than your genes.

I'm not surprised you'd blame your genes tho.  If the problem is in your genes then you don't have to feel bad about not doing anything to fix the problem.  You tend to favor solutions that don't require you to do anything.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »

Genetically-caused headaches?  Which doctor made that diagnosis?  What you've described are classic symptoms of caffeine withdrawal, so unless you've had a specific genetic marker for headaches found in your genome, I'd be far more inclined to blame the caffeine than your genes.

I'm not surprised you'd blame your genes tho.  If the problem is in your genes then you don't have to feel bad about not doing anything to fix the problem.  You tend to favor solutions that don't require you to do anything.

My mother has had migraine headaches since 1978 and she passed them on to me.  There is a long history of migraines in my family other than Mom, as well.  The diagnosis was made by my regular pale-face physician several years ago.  I have had to take FMLA before, and I was given a migraine pill prescription.  My indian doctor has continued the diagnosis and prescribed me a migraine medication.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »

Migraines can be caused by a variety of factors. I think there is still a debate as to whether it is generic or not. I am sure lifestyle, health risks, diet also have a lot to do with it. Those I know that get them usually have some trigger, some type of food, etc, that causes flareups worse than others.

But yeah, if you get headaches that are only solved by caffeine, that's withdrawal, my friend, not this idea that caffeine is sedative for you. It's a stimulant - chemically, it doesn't just become a sedative for certain people, like saying cocaine becomes a sedative for certain people.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies