The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:11:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 211514 times)
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »

Probably because whites are more religious, more rural, and more patriotic than their minority opponents.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #751 on: October 07, 2013, 11:25:06 AM »

But being racist is a mainstream social conservative position today
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #752 on: October 07, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »

There may be evidence he was right-wing, but there's absolutely no solid evidence he was a bigot.  He hired lots of Jews (not to mention a few blacks.)

Lyndon Johnson ranks among the top 5 US presidents, if not the best.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #753 on: October 07, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »

There may be evidence he was right-wing, but there's absolutely no solid evidence he was a bigot.  He hired lots of Jews (not to mention a few blacks.)

Lyndon Johnson ranks among the top 5 US presidents, if not the best.

Thank you for being expedient and posting directly into the Deluge.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »

The single funniest thing ever to appear on TV.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #755 on: October 09, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #756 on: October 09, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »

Republicans don't give a flip about capitalism or free markets or competition or any of that nonsense. They just need a Big Lie to hide behind while they maim and murder poor people.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #757 on: October 10, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »

Republicans don't give a flip about capitalism or free markets or competition or any of that nonsense. They just need a Big Lie to hide behind while they maim and murder poor people.
The only absurd thing about this is who it's by. Pot. Kettle.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #758 on: October 11, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

He does nothing but give false hope to those going through problems. His trick is an old technique called cold reading. His audience is wired before he goes on stage and there are people in the audience with scripted questions. Not only does he lie and give them false hope but at the same time he is slowing down the progress of mankind. Sooner or later someone is bound to relate to his extremely vague claims. I won't likely be posting anymore on this particular thread because John Edward and anything to do with him is a complete waste of my time. I'm already very depressed over the fact something to do with him has just taken up two whole minutes of my life.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #759 on: October 11, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2013, 08:06:18 PM by SJoyce »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So apparently JCL's famous on other parts of the internet. Albeit the terrible right-wing Islamophobic parts.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #760 on: October 11, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »

It makes no logical sense to support a country that is hated by every other country in its region.

Israel is a democracy. Palestine and the Arab states are islamic terrorist nations which beat women and have no freedoms or democracy along with hating/killing christians, gays, and those who go against the government. Supporting Israel is vital.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #761 on: October 11, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »

So apparently JCL's famous on other parts of the internet. Albeit the terrible right-wing Islamophobic parts.

The one below it is better.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #762 on: October 11, 2013, 11:44:16 PM »

While amusing "Atlas" clearly refers to her blog here, and JCL is likely just someone's initials who is not our poster.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #763 on: October 12, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »

Was just going to post this. How is it that Lief gets away with hundreds of posts like this yet one republican says something stupid/ignorant/partisan and the forum flips out?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #764 on: October 12, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »

That's where I'm at.  Maybe in another 50 years we will be able to support a certain percentage of the population as pure lay-abouts, but I don't think we've reached that point yet.  There are easy jobs that can be done by the welfare class that would only require a few hours a week (like 8 ) from the large pool receiving aid.  We don't have robots that clean trash on the highway, they can do that.  Same with pot holes in the roads.  I understand some of them have children that would need to be watched, well that's another job that needs to be done, child care for the working poor or those on aid out cleaning the spray paint off the underpass.  Whatever dumb guy labor that needs to be done.  I'd guess some of them might even have useful skills that can be put to use.  Hell, maybe it could even lead to real jobs....nah, that's crazy talk.

Why shouldn't they be asked to give a little back?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #765 on: October 12, 2013, 09:13:52 AM »

Buffy is better.

But yeah excellent show, but Buffy is better.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #766 on: October 12, 2013, 11:26:06 AM »

I think everyone else is defining it [affirmative action] as darkies are hogging all the goodies.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #767 on: October 12, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »

neopaganist, pantheistic liberal Christianity
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #768 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »

Oh, really?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #769 on: October 13, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »

But, Scott, there is a neopagan, pantheist variant of liberal Christianity, and it's a real problem in several of the mainline churches.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #770 on: October 13, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

But, Scott, there is a neopagan, pantheist variant of liberal Christianity, and it's a real problem in several of the mainline churches.

I'm not familiar with any liberal churches that could be considered neopagan or pantheistic (are you sure you don't mean panenetheistic?).  And even assuming those churches do exist, I had interpreted Cathcon's post as a label on all liberal mainline churches, which I would obviously resent.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #771 on: October 13, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »

I'm not familiar with any liberal churches that could be considered neopagan or pantheistic (are you sure you don't mean panenetheistic?).  And even assuming those churches do exist, I had interpreted Cathcon's post as a label on all liberal mainline churches, which I would obviously resent.

He's probably referring to John Spong and a couple other theologians along the same vein, not any particular church. Although there are a couple syncretistic sects that combined Christian theology with a sort of pantheism, but I've never heard of them being considered mainline.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #772 on: October 13, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »

He's probably referring to John Spong and a couple other theologians along the same vein, not any particular church. Although there are a couple syncretistic sects that combined Christian theology with a sort of pantheism, but I've never heard of them being considered mainline.

Yeah Scott, I thought he was referring to Spong and his ilk.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #773 on: October 13, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »

If that is the case, then I apologize for interpreting that as a broad attack on liberal Christianity.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #774 on: October 13, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

If that is the case, then I apologize for interpreting that as a broad attack on liberal Christianity.

I can't speak for Cathcon but yes, that's what I meant. Of course I wouldn't mount a broad attack on the liberal mainline churches as a whole, since I'm a communicant of one--hence it's a real problem 'in' several of the mainline churches, not 'with' them.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies