The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:37:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210574 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »

That's not even the worst thing in that thread, this is:

This might be just a ploy to try and serve out his sentence in a women's prison.

Lol. That reply wasn't there when I posted in the Deluge.

Btw, the intention is not so much to ridicule like to call the attention on the lack of decency and humanity in certain comments, even if it's not intentional and is only a reflection of certain mentality that exists in the society.

C'mon fellas I'm sure Oakvale was joking.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:55 PM »

Jesus Christ guys, I was not being serious with that post. Kind of a poor taste joke, sure, but I think the Bad Post/Absurd part was pronoun I used, which was unfortunate but entirely unintentional - I imagine it will take me a while to get used to referring to Manning as 'her' etc.

I've got very little respect for Manning in general, sure, but I'd like to think however bad my posts may be I'm not known for uniroincally posting bro-ish conspiracy theories about why people have gender identity issues.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »

I was aware that was a joke. Regardless personal opinions on his her actions, Manning was tortured while he she was imprisoned, now he's she's condemned to spend 35 years in jail and some people make fun with the issue of his her sexual identity. Do I need to be more explicit? However, maybe it's worse the claim that Manning just want to be an attention whore (besides a traitor, I guess), as the posts that I actually quoted suggest in a very explicit way.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »

Jesus Christ guys, I was not being serious with that post. Kind of a poor taste joke, sure, but I think the Bad Post/Absurd part was pronoun I used, which was unfortunate but entirely unintentional - I imagine it will take me a while to get used to referring to Manning as 'her' etc.

I've got very little respect for Manning in general, sure, but I'd like to think however bad my posts may be I'm not known for uniroincally posting bro-ish conspiracy theories about why people have gender identity issues.

Good to know.  Smiley

I should recalibrate my defective irony-meter- Poe's Law is a bitch sometimes.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #504 on: August 22, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »

Never underestimate the ability of Atlas forum members to be overly sensitive handwringers.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »

I, at least, could tell you were being facetious and wasn't including you in the group of posters I was not-mad-at-just-disappointed-in, because even though we have very different positions on the whole Manning/Snowden/security/leaking set of issues (except, presumably, Assange, because seriously, [Inks] that guy), I trust you not to be a dudebro.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #506 on: August 22, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »

Why must it become political issue though, if she doesn't want it to?

So annoying.

And yeah, I figured Oakvale was trying to make a joke.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #507 on: August 22, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »

So annoying.

Yes, but people 'spoke' first and thought second. I was worried he was going to end up getting lynched.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #508 on: August 22, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »

So annoying.

Yes, but people 'spoke' first and thought second. I was worried he was going to end up getting lynched.

If you were actually reading this thread and not just falling back on a ridiculous victimization complex (which ironically the people who complain about "tumblr victimolgists" have far more than those they complain about), you'd notice that everyone who posted here was actually not angry at oakvale.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »

For me, the political issue is the indifference and tolerance towards the treatment that Manning was receiving in prison. It's a moral issue as well and, imo, indifference can explain why Guantanamo is still open. And no, I was not angry at oakvale.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #510 on: August 22, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »

So annoying.

If you were actually reading this thread and not just falling back on a ridiculous victimization complex (which ironically the people who complain about "tumblr victimolgists" have far more than those they complain about), you'd notice that everyone who posted here was actually not angry at oakvale.

God you're insufferable. The person who posted it in this thread called it the 'worst thing in the thread' and it took Oakvale to come in here and set the record straight.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #511 on: August 22, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »

So annoying.

God you're insufferable. The person who posted it in this thread called it the 'worst thing in the thread' and it took Oakvale to come in here and set the record straight.

The feeling is mutual my friend Purple heart
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »

So annoying.

Go on. Why am I insufferable? Smiley
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »

So annoying.

Yeah... sorry for being an idiot, everyone.  I don't think I'm normally that reading-comprehension-challenged.  Tho maybe I am, feel free to unload. Tongue
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2013, 04:16:27 PM by traininthedistance »

I should also mention that a lot of ignorant/absurd/horrible things that get said are often the result of obliviousness or ignorance rather than active malice, and I do think it's best to assume a lack of active malice from most everyone, most of the time- and furthermore, to realize that defensiveness regarding one's not-very-deeply-considered beliefs is both very common and still not a marker of active malice.  Of course, said defensiveness should be pointed out and challenged- but perhaps in a way that does not attempt to automatically taint the entire person as an HP?

I should probably remember this more often, myself.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #515 on: August 22, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »

So annoying.

Go on. Why am I insufferable? Smiley

Mostly the same reasons that you said I am :b
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »

Good point - America is as bad as North Korea for the working class.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I didn't realize oakvale was being ironic either, but I figured it was just him being anti-Manning and not reflective of anything anti-trans as such.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #518 on: August 23, 2013, 01:22:52 AM »

This thread is so, so much better when people debate the f[Inks] all over it.

oh wait
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #519 on: August 23, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »

Al weighs in on the current trend of superhero movies:

I mean, it's all creepy and fascistic, isn't it? When you think further, you even notice that the very term reeks of Nazi Germany.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #520 on: August 23, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »

Well, Bubba and a few other choice prison individuals might see to that, Bradley.
...can we ban this ftard already?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »

Well, Bubba and a few other choice prison individuals might see to that, Bradley.
...can we ban this ftard already?

I think the forum opinion is very clear: the most favoured group to ban are people who ask to ban other people.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #522 on: August 24, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »

Invisible sky wizards and the act of eating metaphorical bits of his son's flesh and blood are also pretty "focking" weird too.

Pretty much just for the first three words as a characterization of the God of, one assumes, Christianity.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »

Invisible sky wizards and the act of eating metaphorical bits of his son's flesh and blood are also pretty "focking" weird too.

Pretty much just for the first three words as a characterization of the God of, one assumes, Christianity.

I think it must be a reference to Dumbledore in the 7th Harry Potter book. Tongue
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2013, 07:52:00 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I think it must be a reference to Dumbledore in the 7th Harry Potter book. Tongue

That would certainly make more sense, and considering the demographics of the forum might actually make it a pot-shot at the beliefs of more regular users.

In fairness a lot of what Cathcon's saying in that thread for Joe to respond to by saying this would belong here as well, but it's not interestingly-worded enough and I'm pretty sure he's not entirely serious anyway.

(Not that there's anything even slightly interesting, original, or clever about posturing atheists using any combination of the words 'magical', 'invisible', 'sky', 'fairy', and 'wizard' in this context, but it's at least not entirely generic.)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies