The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:44:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210628 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »

If anything, voter fraud, as feared by the GOP gets far too much attention.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2013, 02:10:43 AM »

Rap is primarily listened to by dumb white suburban kids.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #352 on: July 29, 2013, 02:28:19 AM »

Technically that'd be fairly accurate for [insert music genre here], including and especially whatever dreck he currently subjects himself to.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »

I can name a few:

1. Supporting the use of fluorescent lightbulbs over incandescent despite the fact that fluorescent bulbs contain mercury and CFCs

2. Claiming to support human rights and opposing the death penalty while being pro-choice

3. Accuse Republicans of being the "party of the rich" despite having the support of most of America's wealthiest executives and businessmen (includign George Soros, Warren Buffett, and Ted Turner)

4. Accuse Republicans of being "anti-science," while denying science that supports life beginning at conception and naturally-occurring factors in global warming, or contradicts the theory of evolution and links between immunizations and autism

5. Support embryonic stem cell research to "find cures," but oppose unethical research methods on animals

6. Oppose prayer and reading the Bible in school, but are fine with textbooks that propagate Islam and Eastern religions over Christianity/Judaism

7. Claims to be more caring toward women those with special needs/disablities (and accusing Republicans of a "war on women"), but supports allowing sex-selective abortions and abortion of babies known to have special needs or disabilities.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #354 on: July 30, 2013, 12:45:00 AM »

Technically that'd be fairly accurate for [insert music genre here], including and especially whatever dreck he currently subjects himself to.

No, there's very few people who listen to the same music as me who live in suburbs.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #355 on: July 30, 2013, 12:53:59 AM »

No, there's very few people who listen to the same music as me who live in suburbs.

Many of the most virulently anti-suburban people live in suburbs.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #356 on: July 30, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

I never realized there was a gender gap when it came to supporting same sex marriage.

The "ick" factor for straight men.

It's extremely sad that there are so many men out there who are just so grossed out by the thought of gay marriage/gay sex/etc. that they feel the need to tell people they wouldn't be allowed.  Not moral grounds, or traditionalist grounds.. just "EW GROSS!".  Like children, they are. 

This is why we need to have a more open society when it comes to sex.  If these guys were getting laid they wouldn't be like this.  

Roll Eyes
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »

Context: "Which will be the most important demographics in 2016?"

I'd like it to be white middle class men who earn between $30,000-$100,000, own land, own guns, pay taxes, are married with children, and between the ages of 25-55, but those days are gone. It will probably be Hispanics.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »

very few people you know*
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #359 on: July 30, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »

Because I truly believe that Anthony Weiner is one of the greatest Americans alive today, despite the fact that he constantly needs a noodle licking.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #360 on: July 30, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »

You can't handle the Weiner

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »

This is going to be one of those phases you regret in 6 months.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »

We'll see
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #363 on: July 30, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »

lol

Supposedly, Adam and Eve were white.  Or, at least, artwork has depicted them as white.  If they were truly the only two people to exist after the universe was created, how do we explain people of other races and genetic variations?  What is the creationist position regarding that?

For the record, I am not a creationist nor am I debating one; this just happened to be one of the many philosophical/scientific questions that pop into my head on a daily basis. Tongue

But you have that "Progressive Christianity" thing in your sig. Are you not one or do you just find it funny?

I am a progressive Christian who accepts evolution.  I created the meme in my signature.
How can you believe in god but not be a creationist?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #364 on: July 30, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »

An Oldiesfreak one, for a change...

Context
It's a former Communist country in Europe.  Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #365 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »

I can see the argument that the neighbor was racist or had malicious intent, but surely the police were just doing their jobs?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »

On getting raped:

Yes women can be pretty bitchy about things. If you ask me she was asking for trouble. It might be nice to look at, but she's opening herself up to get preyed on. Guys have their instincts and if a guy is mentally ill, he'll go too far. While it's important to punish rapists and harassment, personal responsibility stops the problem before it occurs. Besides, she wasn't hot enough to wear such a bikini.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2013, 02:19:34 PM »

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »

That's almost as absurd as thinking "Carlos Danger" is a clever username.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #369 on: July 31, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »

Most likely the heat is gone from the enactment of Duty to Starve laws.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #370 on: July 31, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »

Option 2.  And ROFL to all the pro-choicers who give that answer.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #371 on: July 31, 2013, 10:34:21 PM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan - best in not only my lifetime, but the best in American History.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »

The fact a liberal had to ask this question proves that the media is liberal. Most major media networks are owned by wealthy Jews. John Kerry won 92-6 over Bush amongst members of the press. Bill Clinton got 88% of the press in 1992 when there was a 3 way race. You know what it's just easier to say yes it's liberal.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: August 01, 2013, 09:18:31 AM »

On getting raped:

Yes women can be pretty bitchy about things. If you ask me she was asking for trouble. It might be nice to look at, but she's opening herself up to get preyed on. Guys have their instincts and if a guy is mentally ill, he'll go too far. While it's important to punish rapists and harassment, personal responsibility stops the problem before it occurs. Besides, she wasn't hot enough to wear such a bikini.

You bolded things to paint a picture of what I said that isn't there. Let people actually read it for what it's worth.

They can still read the whole post and have the tl;dr version be "dressing a certain way is asking for trouble, guys should not be expected to control their sexual urges, i don't live in 1450 so let's punish rapists, women still should not dress a certain way if they don't want to get raped and women have to look a certain way to wear a bikini"
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #374 on: August 01, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »

On getting raped:

You bolded things to paint a picture of what I said that isn't there. Let people actually read it for what it's worth.

They can still read the whole post and have the tl;dr version be "dressing a certain way is asking for trouble, guys should not be expected to control their sexual urges, i don't live in 1450 so let's punish rapists, women still should not dress a certain way if they don't want to get raped and women have to look a certain way to wear a bikini"

Does locking one's doors mean that we think burglary is ok?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies