The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210774 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »

barfbag is clearly another Krazen type. No need to pay any attention.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »

he's probs a sock, JS
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2013, 11:29:07 PM »

he's probs a sock, JS

wait, did you just call Paul Kemp JS?!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2013, 02:29:17 AM »

he's probs a sock, JS

wait, did you just call Paul Kemp JS?!

Just saying. I was on my laptop and my keyboard is currently on the fritz. Copy that and general unwillingness to pick up my phone or iPad and I had to type JS instead of just saying.

The B and N keys are broken. BaconKing becomes acoig, and bubble becomes ule. It's a bad time.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2013, 04:39:20 AM »

Don't you see the difference between "violent crime" and "firearms death rate"?   
Do you have something to say about the comaprison between murder rates between the USA and other developed countries? Don't you think it leaves the USA in a bad place?

There is really no statistic that I care about less than the firearms death rate. The death rate from firearms is really pointless. The murder rate, sure, that's important - but there's no point in isolating out firearms other than to point out how countries with less firearms have less people killed with firearms. That's common sense, sure, but it's a meaningless factoid relative to the actual murder rate. For instance, Britain has far less gun-related homicides than the US does; it also has a higher rate of violent crime than the US does.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »

Most likely guily of manslaughter, but of the race card works as well as it did for OJ, he'll be convicted of 2nd degree murder.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2013, 11:56:20 AM by wormyguy »

pretty much what I was getting at, Napoleon.  plus, there are many more people in North Korea (pop 24 mil) than in a congressional district, and presumably at least 5% of them are freedom loving.

Also, if Serrano came out in favor of the public execution of all Republicans, he'd get perhaps 85% of the vote instead of 95%.  If he said that the US should model its government after North Korea it probably wouldn't even be noticed except for a Drudge Report link.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2013, 11:39:28 AM »

(though obviously Che was a FF instead of a HP)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »

It would lead to less diversity in schools, and is not welcome, and on another note, I helped stop a proposal for school uniforms at my school.

You're doing great work! Smiley

Horrible Requirement IMO unless its those Japanese schoolgirl uniforms only for those who are appropriately attractive
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »

It would lead to less diversity in schools, and is not welcome, and on another note, I helped stop a proposal for school uniforms at my school.

You're doing great work! Smiley

Horrible Requirement IMO unless its those Japanese schoolgirl uniforms only for those who are appropriately attractive

oh god the atlas is killing me
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »

My whole problem with this case is trying to feel any sympathy for Treyvon Martin. Treyvon is the epidemy of everything most average Americans hate. "Pothead", "Thug", "Hood", "PULL UP YOUR PANTS!", "Violent temper", "Thief".

When dealing with people like that, regardless of their color, I have zero tolerance. Thus as far as I'm concerned, it was self-defense against a person who was the worst of America.

People always say I'm cold hearted, but I am not. If a woman is walking down the streets and attacked, I feel sympathy for her and want a harsh punishment for her attacker. If the woman was walking down the street to buy meth, well then she did it to herself and I feel no sympathy. See? I don't think that's too far out of the mainstream.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »

My whole problem with this case is trying to feel any sympathy for Treyvon Martin. Treyvon is the epidemy of everything most average Americans hate. "Pothead", "Thug", "Hood", "PULL UP YOUR PANTS!", "Violent temper", "Thief".

When dealing with people like that, regardless of their color, I have zero tolerance. Thus as far as I'm concerned, it was self-defense against a person who was the worst of America.

People always say I'm cold hearted, but I am not. If a woman is walking down the streets and attacked, I feel sympathy for her and want a harsh punishment for her attacker. If the woman was walking down the street to buy meth, well then she did it to herself and I feel no sympathy. See? I don't think that's too far out of the mainstream.

Does Naso know that he's horribly racist or is he just that stupid?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »

Bandit....
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #288 on: July 13, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »

Cow
Pig
Lamb
Chicken
Turkey
Duck
Alligator
Panda
Frog
Cod
Tilapia
Catfish
Flounder
Crab
Shrimp
Conch
Cricket
Mealworm

Panda?

You never know what those far-left/right weirdos will eat. Their elitist populism and ideology chock full of contradictions makes for a very confused and deranged worldview.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »

snip

The 1st Congressional District includes almost all of Cincinnati, except for its affluent eastern edge

The 2000 version carved nearly 60k people out of a city of 330k. Thus only about 82% of Cincinatti was in that version of the 1st district.

As usual, Krazen is correct. In some ways, the House is the only bastion of fair repiublican treatment with the Senate and Presidency being gerrymadered for the Democrats.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »

The correct term is "suspect profiling." It is a necessary action by the police that is not racist, it only looks at types of people who are more likely to commit crimes. This is the central problem with political correctness, you can't call a spade a spade. Would you support pulling over disabled grannies?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2013, 02:44:47 PM »

He would've definitely been better than Carter. By '76 he'd stood up to some of the prevailing detente conventional wisdom & would've been much more prepared than Carter as of January 20th, 1977. Carter took about two years to get some sense, a learning curve Fird had the advantage of having had in his first term. Hell, he'd probably be more popular with the Democratic-controlled Congress than Carter the outsider ever was.
While I oppose detante as much as everyone, I don't think it would have been a good idea to confront the Soviets in the 70s when our army was only number one in doing smack.
I have to agree about congress, though. It is far easier to unite barely reformed segregationists with strong conservatives that it is to united barely reformed segregationists with New Left pinkos.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »

I love how Naso has such little self-awareness that he has no idea how racially coded that whole thing is.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »

I love how Naso has such little self-awareness that he has no idea how racially coded that whole thing is.

What a disgusting worldview.  So people with problems, or even perceived faults, deserve all of the bad things that happen to them? It is a short step to condoning and then committing reprehensible acts. The dehumanization is just appalling.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »

Duh, it's probably one of the most rabidly left-wing forums I've ever seen.

Which says a whole lot about what you've seen and not a whole lot about objective reality.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »

mods, please ban^^^
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »

Seconded
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2013, 06:28:14 PM »

Is that a TV network?  Because here in America, quality television is virtually nonexistent these days.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »

Is strawmanning all that liberals do? Neither I nor most police departmens have ever said that most blacks are criminals, only that an abnormally high percentage of them are. Skin color doesn't show how much of a criminal someone is, only how likely he is to be one.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »

I don't know what's worse, Oldiesfreak putting whatever he disagrees with here or people putting obvious trolls here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies