Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:26:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9289 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

Hash is one of the best posters on the Atlas, and from talking to him I've found we're on the same page on virtually every political issue, both in "ideology" and general attitude. We share the same disgust for True Leftist and Paultard morons, and are the two founding members of the Atlas Drone Fan Club, which includes supporting drone strikes on that town in New Hampshire that libertarians took over. You can tell someone studies politics closely when they're utterly disgusted by the process and have raw contempt for people who buy into the theatre of it - i.e. people who obsessively watch the party conventions during a Presidential election. I also admire Hash's brief but memorable time as leader of PASOK.

In summary,

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »

A good Irish poster, but can be a bit of an asshole at times, albeit a loveable asshole. One of the odd posters who seems to not care much about, and mock, political related things, while at the same time being a member of this of all forums lol.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »

A libertarian Republican, which is really about all I can say at this point, because I'm afraid I don't know him very well. I do rather find his signature funny however, and I am glad that he's one of our forum members that is involved in Atlasia, even if it's not in the region I'm in nor are we anywhere near ideologically similar (except perhaps on some foreign policy issues)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »

A populist as I like maybe a bit on the left. I disagree probably with the fact that he wants to radically change capitalism. But he supports like the welfare state, and he dislikes the libertarians like Ron Paul,... His fight on the economic issues is more important for him than his on the social issues, which is not the case of many of this forum, I think many of this forum seem to focuse so much on social issues (leftists who like Ron Paul,...) and I dislike it! So a massive FF for TNF on his personal views.

On him, I think he's a good member of this forum, he contributes well and seems friendly, so FF on his personality too!

And I will like him much more if he could look his messages Tongue
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »

Not completely sure, but having Googled the first image in his signature, she sounds f**ing awful, so I'll have to presume he's one of those 'moderate' liberals. But I did like how he praised TNF on prioritising economic positions over social issues, something that also annoys me from time to time. I dunno, maybe I've just read him wrong.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »

Not completely sure, but having Googled the first image in his signature, she sounds f**ing awful, so I'll have to presume he's one of those 'moderate' liberals. But I did like how he praised TNF on prioritising economic positions over social issues, something that also annoys me from time to time. I dunno, maybe I've just read him wrong.

F***!!!! The second guy who doesn't understand my images. I put Mary Landrieu because she risks her political career when she votes for the background check bill or the democrat economic plan whereas she's up in 2014. That's why I love her, in a state which tends so sharply to the right, she's really the best we can have in a state like Lousiana. So, I'm not a dixiecrat!!!!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2013, 06:11:54 PM by Hashemite »

He's a nice guy, seems pretty genuine and generally posts some good stuff (which I couldn't care less about, but that's subjective). But his moderate hero/ZOMGZ MODERATE DEMOCRATS Purple heart!/partisanship sucks Sad/extremism boo Sad shtick is really annoying and grating for me. Also, I hate Paultards as much as he does, but I don't reference them in every other post I make.

Also, thinks way too highly of basically every single politician, but he's not the only one with that condition.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »

Hash is cool, he comes to Vermont for vacation, and seems to know a good deal of places in this state Cheesy Also ideologically, he is one of my favorite types of progressives, the center left economic/strong liberal on social issues, I don't agree with everything he believes, but I like most of it.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2013, 10:04:06 PM »

Matt is the kind of guy that the Republican Party as a whole should emulate more often. He's pragmatic and gets along well in spite of being a conservative in a forum full of lefties.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2013, 10:11:09 PM »

It really seems to me that He is bill clinton.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2013, 10:15:27 PM »

It really seems to me that He is bill clinton.

Son, is that you?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »

Yeah daddy it is.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »

I believe that this man abouve me is an impostor. Believe nothing he says, he is simply a man. I am the true and honest love child of Clinton.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »

One of our finest new additions to the Atlas; fun, smart, and has become something of a mentor to me on the IRC and Facebook. I especially love his faceswaps (which is how I first noticed him).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2013, 11:05:49 PM »

Snowstalker is a fascist with a heart of gold. You remind me of Dennis Reynolds from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" at times, quite frankly. Just as people predicted 20RP12 would become a progressive Democrat, I would not be surprised if you became a neocon Republican.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2013, 06:23:23 AM »

A sincere paleoconservative, we really don't see eye to eye on anything, but at least he's not one of those types among the young libertarian right that would sacrifice civil rights for tax cuts or peace in the midst of a war or whatever.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »

For real, You remind me of Bill Clinton because of your Positions.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »

You remind me of your father as well.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »

A Penn teen who is a bit to much of a Progressive Hero. Good guy generally (except in his view on ladies), and has a huge fetish for bridges, roads, and James Franco.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 03:15:08 PM »

ok, srs face time:

jbrase is in many ways what atlas needs. healthy personality (no obvious issues or sperging out), an actual sense of humor, a viewpoint other than hyper-pc tumblerite social democracy, etc. its hard thinking of criticism beyond that i think he should probably check out more authors. i found classical liberalism/liberal conservatism/libertarianism to be kind of intellectually barren obviously. but even someone like say, caplan wrote some good articles.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »

ghost_white is one of the few actual conservatives we have on the forum. Most of the rest of them are just boilerplate libertarians or right-wing liberals. Unlike those supposed conservatives, ghost_white  holds positions that, in my mind, aren't ones that call for the abrogation of our communal bonds to one another as human beings living in a civilized environment. The fact that he agrees more often than not with those to his left (like myself) just goes to show you how warped 'conservatism' has become in the Anglosphere, with the traditional, communal kind of conservatism has been completely replaced by the monster that is neoliberalism. Oh, and he's a fun guy to talk with and really knows his stuff.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

I greatly appreciate TNF's unapologetic stand for economic progressivism and deep concern for the living conditions of the working class. While I don't agree with all his views, he is one of the few leftists who haven't forgotten what being left-wing means. He also seems like a nice guy, though we haven't interacted much.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »

A Europhile social democrat. Wears it honestly and passionately, and for whatever disagreements I have with his positions, I feel some affinity towards and that we're unquestionably on the same side - not something that applies to many of the so-called social democrats who are basically just liberals by this point. For that reason, I worry for his sanity, since he's often committed to movements that'll perennially disappoint him, but we on the Left are in just as hopeless a situation as his, so even there there's commonality.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2013, 11:11:26 PM by Formerly Californian Tony »

For that reason, I worry for his sanity, since he's often committed to movements that'll perennially disappoint him, but we on the Left are in just as hopeless a situation as his, so even there there's commonality.

Indeed. The only alternative for a modern leftist is between having our hopes crushed over and over again, or to finally lose hope and refuge in bitter cynicism. I still think the former attitude is the least worse of the two, though I think I'm increasingly moving toward the latter.

SKIP
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2013, 11:39:59 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 11:49:09 AM by Ghyl Tarvoke »

A standard issue liberal-left British poster whose political attitudes are still evolving. His sense of humour is not bad.

EDIT:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I want to join this club. Where do I sign up?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies