The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:34:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86580 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 28, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »

Got home from a night at the grandparents' house. Awful story.

Late-ish last night, my mom felt a burning sensation in her chest are or something to that effect. The week before, almost exaclty in fact, we'd gone through a similar fake health scare and gone to the hospital. This time, she again calls her parents who live about 45 minutes away and my grandpa swings by to pick us up (for some reason I can't be trusted to drive her to a hospital). After a few hours or so at the hospital, I've done some reading in the waiting room, and we get out, and it's like midnight. We end up sleeping at the grandparents' house. Woke up at like seven or something after less than six hours of sleep. Feel like crap today.

Due to the way my mom's mind works in regards to me staying out: she has to be awake until I get home, I wont' be going to work today--my shift ends at 10:30 or later. Thus, I have to adjust my professional life in order to allow her to conform to rules set by her that are hard to follow due to a situation of her own creation. I won't be surprised if I'm not allowed to go to grad parties after work tomorrow for similar reasons. This is just... awful.

Also, as I was confident that my shift began at 7:30, I'm pretty sure the hostess at Sushi Land lied to me over the phone when she said it began at 7 (I had to check in order to tell my replacement).

So yeah, a great two days.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #426 on: June 28, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »

Bought tickets today to go see Zedd in September in Charleston. I couldn't be more excited!

I have to choose where the firm goes for their Friday lunch today, so while I was finishing up 4 closings this morning, I had to think about that too. After work, I am going to NC for the weekend to visit my college roommate, who's home from DC for the weekend. It's going to be a good weekend Wink
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »

Going on the Detroit Critical Mass bike ride tonight. Unfortunately the friends I was going to go with bailed on me. I should have a fun time by myself though. Also it looks like it is going to rain again like last month, which isn't that bad since it keeps you cool.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #428 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:56 PM »

I got an A in Constitutional Law! This somewhat makes up for the B I got in Property. Now I just need to hope at least one out of the twenty people I interview for in August likes me.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #429 on: June 28, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »

So I'm stuck in horrible traffic and worried I won't make it on time to my cousin's rehearsal dinner
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #430 on: June 28, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »

Got home from a night at the grandparents' house. Awful story.

Late-ish last night, my mom felt a burning sensation in her chest are or something to that effect. The week before, almost exaclty in fact, we'd gone through a similar fake health scare and gone to the hospital. This time, she again calls her parents who live about 45 minutes away and my grandpa swings by to pick us up (for some reason I can't be trusted to drive her to a hospital). After a few hours or so at the hospital, I've done some reading in the waiting room, and we get out, and it's like midnight. We end up sleeping at the grandparents' house. Woke up at like seven or something after less than six hours of sleep. Feel like crap today.

Due to the way my mom's mind works in regards to me staying out: she has to be awake until I get home, I wont' be going to work today--my shift ends at 10:30 or later. Thus, I have to adjust my professional life in order to allow her to conform to rules set by her that are hard to follow due to a situation of her own creation. I won't be surprised if I'm not allowed to go to grad parties after work tomorrow for similar reasons. This is just... awful.

Also, as I was confident that my shift began at 7:30, I'm pretty sure the hostess at Sushi Land lied to me over the phone when she said it began at 7 (I had to check in order to tell my replacement).

So yeah, a great two days.
Sorry to hear that. I will keep your mom in my prayers.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #431 on: June 28, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »

Looking like a very interesting summer ahead for me.  My town is sponsoring a program for high school students and recent graduates to go on a four-day mission in Oklahoma, which I am strongly thinking about taking.  I'll also be in South Carolina during the last week of August for vacation. Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #432 on: June 28, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »

I got an A in Constitutional Law! This somewhat makes up for the B I got in Property. Now I just need to hope at least one out of the twenty people I interview for in August likes me.

Cool! Smiley I had an awesome Constitutional Law class at USF last semester, about the 1st Amendment. I even got to write a SC opinion as Anthony Kennedy! Got an A+.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #433 on: June 28, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »

I am now 29. My 'sexier by 30' plan involves some focused gym time Cheesy
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #434 on: June 28, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »

My grandfather passed away early this morning. Sad He had been in failing health for the last few years though.  I saw him last Sunday and he was in good spirits. Pretty peaceful passing, overall.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »

My grandfather passed away early this morning. Sad He had been in failing health for the last few years though.  I saw him last Sunday and he was in good spirits. Pretty peaceful passing, overall.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Anyways, I've been withdrawing from escitalopram and have been having mood swings for the past week. Today, suicidal thoughts started. Can't wait for this bullsh**t to be over.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »

This girl I was hooking up with during school before we had a massive fight called me last night after a month of ignoring her to tell me she missed me and to ask if I'd spend the 4th with her. I love when girls stroke my ego. Wink
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 02:58:40 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I didn't know hooking up was something for which one could use the past progressive.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2013, 03:51:28 AM »

So I have a friend who is kind of racist against black people, I really need to talk to him about it and get him to change. I hate this because I'm very non confrontational and rarely criticize people or call them out, but it has to be done.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 06:21:37 AM by opebo »

I didn't know hooking up was something for which you could use the past progressive for.

N'est-ce pas?

I am now 29. My 'sexier by 30' plan involves some focused gym time Cheesy

Buddy, its too bad you're not straight.  Sexier =
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #440 on: June 30, 2013, 08:15:37 AM »

So I have a friend who is kind of racist against black people, I really need to talk to him about it and get him to change. I hate this because I'm very non confrontational and rarely criticize people or call them out, but it has to be done.

Half my fraternity drops the n-word like it's their job.  I did my due diligence to change that culture, to little avail.  Apparently, suggesting people quit using offensive epithets is more elitist than using said epithet is horrible.   
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »

I didn't know hooking up was something for which you could use the past progressive for.

N'est-ce pas?

True story: I spent about a minute trying to decide whether to write that post in a formal or colloquial register. I think, on further consideration, that I chose imprudently. I'm also changing 'you' to 'one'.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

I didn't know hooking up was something for which one could use the past progressive.
You disapprove of habitually hooking up with the same person?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »

Going down to the Hill tomorrow for a Canada Day concert with the great Carly Rae Jepsen!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »

That isn't what I said.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »

That isn't what I said.
I'm confused. That's the purpose of the verb tense.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 07:44:26 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

That isn't what I said.
I'm confused. That's the purpose of the verb tense.

Don't play dumb. I didn't say anything about approval or disapproval. I was unaware that the verb could be used that way because my social group self-selects against people who regularly make unironic use of it.

My skin has more or less cleared up, but I have a chest cold now. My cat--the one who didn't die last month--is also sick, although we're not sure with what yet. He's acting incredibly needy and is constantly underfoot. I'm leaving for Japan in nine days.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #447 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:09 AM »

I kind of feel bad for Bushie today, for once.  The poor guy is so emotionally invested in "his kids", leaving was probablyl devastating for him.   
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #448 on: July 01, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »

I made it back from my weekend alive. I actually had a productive morning and my supervisor hasn't invited me to lunch today.... yet.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #449 on: July 01, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »

I made it back from my weekend alive. I actually had a productive morning and my supervisor hasn't invited me to lunch today.... yet.
You should show her the comments from Jamespol and ask her what she thinks of him. Guarantee you, she'll take the hint. Unless you just enjoy the cougar attention. Not that there's anything wrong with that either. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies