Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:09:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 171989 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 29, 2013, 01:19:01 AM »
« edited: May 29, 2013, 02:11:40 AM by All life is a blur of Republicans and meat. »

How much has your weight changed in the last 18 months?

I've lost 16 pounds in the past 18 months.  If people remember, I peaked at 285 in late 2011, and then lost 25 pounds through mid-February 2012, but then slowly gained 15 pounds over the 15 months before losing 6 again.

Didn't you tell us 275 was your peak? The numbers are changing yet again.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1351 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:35 AM »

Oh, definitely. He's setting goals he cannot achieve, knowing fully he cannot achieve them, and continues forward with them knowing he will fail and knowing he can use that failure as another excuse not to move forward. The chances he loses 100 pounds to get in the Peace Corps are zero, and I'd be willing to bet all the money in the world on that.

He wants to be an adult, being independent, taking care of kids, having a family, etc, but does not want to put the work into it.

What goals are unreachable?  The Peace Corps is a difficult goal, but it is not unreachable.  Living in Kenya is definitely not unreachable.  Furthering my education is ludicrous to think unattainable.

Until you can at least walk 7 days in a row, yes, losing 100 lbs. is entirely unreachable.  So far, you're at, what?  1 or 2 days in a row?  You're a LONG way off.

Walking 7 days in a row really is a pathetic goal.  It should be normal life.

No way of sugarcoating it.  Real working out involves running, swimming, lifting, etc., etc.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1352 on: May 29, 2013, 02:13:31 AM »

He doesn't know what he wants. It changes every day.

Sometimes they even change several times during the same day.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1353 on: May 29, 2013, 03:02:21 AM »

He doesn't know what he wants. It changes every day.

Sometimes they even change several times during the same day.

I think it changes in the same sentence, which is why much of what he says is incoherent.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1354 on: May 29, 2013, 05:14:50 AM »

Does anyone here actually believe that Bushie paid for his own hotel room and food on this trip? I mean, what would he pay for it with? Just curious.
Marston
United States

« Reply #1355 on: May 29, 2013, 06:13:04 AM »

The Peace Corps has pretty specific BMI ranges for medical clearance before services. Let me know your height and I'll see what the maximum borderline weight you can be at to pass that portion of the medical clearance process.

5' 8"

Yeah, you need lose about 100 lbs to join the service.

Pretty much, yeah. The maximum weight for a 5' 8'' male is 185 lbs. It's not completely unheard of for someone who is borderline (like, say 186-195 lbs) to gain medical clearance, but anything above the max will require an additional battery of medical tests to determine if an underlying medical condition is present.

Regardless, I'm pretty certain that being 200+ lbs will lead to an automatic deferral.

Obviously, BMI isn't the only criteria used to determine medical clearance. I don't know anything about your medical history beyond what you and others have posted in this thread, but I'd highly advise looking at the conditions that the Peace Corps usually cannot accommodate before you pursue this venture any further. 

I can't find any link that tells me what conditions they can or cannot accommodate.  Can you provide?

http://www.kagoon.com/peace-corps-medical-information-for-applicants-in-order-to-help-protect-the-health/main

What does "deferred" mean?  The only condition I have on the deferred list is the High Blood Pressure.  It says

"High Blood Pressure – 3 months well controlled under
treatment; weight within medically recommended range"

Deferred means that your application is 'put on hold' for a certain length of time before they can take a look at it again. It could be 6 months or a year depending on the condition.

Regardless, I wouldn't recommend applying unless you're relatively certain that is what you want to do. The application process requires a considerable amount of time and work. It sounds like it would be more beneficial to you if you focused on advancing your education, getting a job and reducing your weight. 

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1356 on: May 29, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »

Hooray for the Sloppy Joe/Mexican Food/Ice Cream diet!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1357 on: May 29, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »

Calling it now, Bushie weighs over 300 (or did at some point)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1358 on: May 29, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »

How much has your weight changed in the last 18 months?

I've lost 16 pounds in the past 18 months.  If people remember, I peaked at 285 in late 2011, and then lost 25 pounds through mid-February 2012, but then slowly gained 15 pounds over the 15 months before losing 6 again.

Didn't you tell us 275 was your peak? The numbers are changing yet again.

The peak in the past few months has been 275.  Go back to previous seasons of the Update and you'll probably find my highest peak was 285.  I think its the end of the season right before Kenya was introduced.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1359 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:55 AM »

Calling it now, Bushie weighs over 300 (or did at some point)

I can say truthfully that I have never weighed 300.  The most I've ever weighed is 285, although at that point I was certainly on track to 300 or more.  As of Sunday morning I am 31 pounds under 300.  I'll see what I weigh here in just a little bit.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1360 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:16 AM »

When you're 5'8, 285 lbs. is 300 lbs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1361 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »

I'll admit, the diet hasn't been what you would consider a "weight-loss" diet, and by no means can it last too much longer, but 6 pounds is 6 pounds.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1362 on: May 29, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »

I'll admit, the diet hasn't been what you would consider a "weight-loss" diet, and by no means can it last too much longer, but 6 pounds is 6 pounds.

Do you think you really lost 6 lbs. by eating that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1363 on: May 29, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »

Oh, definitely. He's setting goals he cannot achieve, knowing fully he cannot achieve them, and continues forward with them knowing he will fail and knowing he can use that failure as another excuse not to move forward. The chances he loses 100 pounds to get in the Peace Corps are zero, and I'd be willing to bet all the money in the world on that.

He wants to be an adult, being independent, taking care of kids, having a family, etc, but does not want to put the work into it.

What goals are unreachable?  The Peace Corps is a difficult goal, but it is not unreachable.  Living in Kenya is definitely not unreachable.  Furthering my education is ludicrous to think unattainable.

Until you can at least walk 7 days in a row, yes, losing 100 lbs. is entirely unreachable.  So far, you're at, what?  1 or 2 days in a row?  You're a LONG way off.

In realistic terms, even with the hardest of work, I will probably never lose 100 lbs short of drastic surgery or becoming a contestant on the Biggest Loser.  That's why I have put my goal at 200, which is 75 lbs in all.  200 is still 20-30 lbs overweight, but its not near as bad 275.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1364 on: May 29, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »

I lost 6 pounds somehow and I know it wasn't by exercising. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1365 on: May 29, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »

Is this some weird relativistic effect that I'm unaware of?  Or just your way of calling Bushie short?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1366 on: May 29, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »

We should consider that if the Peace Corps ever did waive their health requirements it would have to be for someone with good very specialized skills that they would greatly need. That obviously doesn't apply to Bushie (and it wouldn't even if he was the correct weight either.)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1367 on: May 29, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »

Is this some weird relativistic effect that I'm unaware of?  Or just your way of calling Bushie short?

It's obviously not scientific but at that height, that weight is absolutely horrendous. To say that "well at least I'm not 300 lbs." or whatever is silly.

I lost 6 pounds somehow and I know it wasn't by exercising. Tongue

This has to just be a troll act.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1368 on: May 29, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »

Yeah Bushie's trolling us now (or always).....he probably lost 5 from water.  No real weight loss will ever occur.  That is all. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1369 on: May 29, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »

I'd believe that Bushie was just trolling us or was "playing his part" if he didn't pretty much say the same exact stuff on his facebook.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1370 on: May 29, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »

It's easy to lose 6 pounds when you weigh 275 by simply eating less crap than normal. It won't be as easy to lose it when you get below a certain number. And 75 pounds is still a huge amount. Bushie seems to think that's doable with his current plan on eating less sloppy joes and ice cream for dinner and never exercising.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1371 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »

Bushie what happened to your successful Alva trip since you're now focusing elsewhere?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1372 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »

It's easy to lose 6 pounds when you weigh 275 by simply eating less crap than normal. It won't be as easy to lose it when you get below a certain number. And 75 pounds is still a huge amount. Bushie seems to think that's doable with his current plan on eating less sloppy joes and ice cream for dinner and never exercising.

He actually ate one more sloppy joe than usual though, to "clean up the meat". Ha.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1373 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:40 AM »

It's easy to lose 6 pounds when you weigh 275 by simply eating less crap than normal. It won't be as easy to lose it when you get below a certain number. And 75 pounds is still a huge amount. Bushie seems to think that's doable with his current plan on eating less more sloppy joes and ice cream for dinner and never exercising.

Fixed. Remember he ate four sloppy joes but would've had only three if he hadn't been on a diet.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1374 on: May 29, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »

I think he was trolling us about God giving him the answers in Alva though, since now every posting on FB is a place other than NWOSU.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies