Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:43:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 173476 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 26, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »

He's lying. 3 hot dogs and two Spoonfuls of Ramens.   
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1201 on: May 26, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

How does one eat a spoonful of ramen? It comes in a brick that you boil and then eat. It's not a spoon food.

She cooked a couple bricks for the kids and served it to them as a side in a pot.  I just took a spoonful.

what a horrible supper. 

Be more sensitive. With 6 kids she can't afford more than hot dogs ramen and spaghetti. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1202 on: May 26, 2013, 06:36:37 PM »

God. No wonder you feel like crap physically all the time. You never eat anything light and healthy! Just fatty meat, carbs, and no vegetables whatsoever. And don't eat an ice cream cone for dinner.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1203 on: May 26, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »

God. No wonder you feel like crap physically all the time. You never eat anything light and healthy! Just fatty meat, carbs, and no vegetables whatsoever. And don't eat an ice cream cone for dinner.

Too late.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1204 on: May 26, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »

I am going back to Enid and Alva, Oklahoma tomorrow evening and Tuesday.  My missionary friends to China are leaving to go back to China mid week and they are having a come and go reception tomorrow evening at 18:00.  I'll probably leave there by 18:45-19:00 on my way to Alva where I will spend the night.  Tuesday morning, I will visit a couple professors to see what I need to do to upgrade my Computer Science minor.  If I find out any information Tuesday, I will come home and may start my application on Tuesday.  I will try to stay in the dormitory so I can have room and board included in my financial aid.  I may also see if I can find a cheap apartment in case the campus housing is not available.  If the professors are still not available, I will find out when they will be available, then come home and go back up there the morning they'll be there.

We've talked about this before, but going back to school for a degree, not a certificiate, will have benefits other than just the degree itself.  It will give me more time to lose weight so I can have a better chance of getting into the Peace Corps, which is still a goal, and it will also give me a second bachelor's degree which can't hurt and will help me in my Peace Corp application or if I decide to keep working in America and just go to Kenya every so often.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1205 on: May 26, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »

You're going to stay in a dorm? That would be priceless.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1206 on: May 26, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »

I did in my younger years.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1207 on: May 26, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »

I did in my younger years.
You also pooped into a diaper in your younger years. Doesn't make it an appropriate thing to do now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1208 on: May 26, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2013, 08:29:58 PM by BushKenya »

Very true, Memphis.

I'm going to investigate the college option, but I'm not totally sold on it, just yet.

Another option is to keeping going with the CAD certificate, but turn it from an Architectural focus to a Mechanical focus.  Pretty much any place in the United States where there is a strong engineering presence would be good places to get a job.  I would not be confined to Oklahoma City.  I could go to Dallas, Kansas City, Albuquerque, Memphis, Phoenix, Austin, Denver, etc.  A CAD certificate would very helpful because it would be specialized focus in that one area for 9 months, so I would be able to get the certificate and have a good chance to get a job right after I get out of school.  My Dad has a very high mechanical and engineering aptitude.  He works for one of the largest defense contractors in the country in Oklahoma City and knows the fields real well.  He has a bunch of CAD designers working with him as well as with his competitors.  I have been told not to worry about finding a job while I'm in school with either option as my main focus will be on the school work.  My parents would rather me go with the CAD certificate as it would likely be the fastest route and more sure route to a better, stable career.  A Computer Science Degree would be better probably, but it would prolong my schooling, possibly through the 2014/2015 school year and thus delay working again, and it would add drastically to my student loan, and getting a job is not as sure fire as with a CAD certificate.  Neither route are guaranteed jobs, but our thinking is a specialized focus in CAD would be a better route to a job than a broader Comp Sci degree.  Once I start working, and I take full control of my own bills, then I can think about going back for a bachelor's degree when I can pay for it all on my own.

I'm just exploring my options.  I haven't committed either way, yet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1209 on: May 26, 2013, 10:51:02 PM »

BushOK goes to college. Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1210 on: May 26, 2013, 10:52:42 PM »

I can't wait till he starts investigating things around sorority houses.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1211 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »

Well, guys, it is almost 2300 and I think I am going to hit the sack.  I'm still quite exhausted from a wonderful week, so I need to take my rest.  I'm going to leave here about 1530 tomorrow for Enid and leave Enid about 1845 for Alva.  I hope to be in Alva by 2000.  I want to talk to the professors/advisers Tuesday morning, and I'll probably leave Alva shortly after lunch and hope to arrive back in OKC by 1600.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1212 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »

Do you have appointments or are you just showing up hoping to find someone?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1213 on: May 26, 2013, 11:08:28 PM »

Very true, Memphis.

I'm going to investigate the college option, but I'm not totally sold on it, just yet.

Another option is to keeping going with the CAD certificate, but turn it from an Architectural focus to a Mechanical focus.  Pretty much any place in the United States where there is a strong engineering presence would be good places to get a job.  I would not be confined to Oklahoma City.  I could go to Dallas, Kansas City, Albuquerque, Memphis, Phoenix, Austin, Denver, etc.  A CAD certificate would very helpful because it would be specialized focus in that one area for 9 months, so I would be able to get the certificate and have a good chance to get a job right after I get out of school.  My Dad has a very high mechanical and engineering aptitude.  He works for one of the largest defense contractors in the country in Oklahoma City and knows the fields real well.  He has a bunch of CAD designers working with him as well as with his competitors.  I have been told not to worry about finding a job while I'm in school with either option as my main focus will be on the school work.  My parents would rather me go with the CAD certificate as it would likely be the fastest route and more sure route to a better, stable career.  A Computer Science Degree would be better probably, but it would prolong my schooling, possibly through the 2014/2015 school year and thus delay working again, and it would add drastically to my student loan, and getting a job is not as sure fire as with a CAD certificate.  Neither route are guaranteed jobs, but our thinking is a specialized focus in CAD would be a better route to a job than a broader Comp Sci degree.  Once I start working, and I take full control of my own bills, then I can think about going back for a bachelor's degree when I can pay for it all on my own.

Considering Bushie's history does anyone want to give me odds that by the end of the week he goes all in??
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1214 on: May 27, 2013, 02:40:37 AM »

That's exactly what I'm wondering.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1215 on: May 27, 2013, 07:04:37 AM »

Is the diet and walking canceled today due to the holiday?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: May 27, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »

That's exactly what I'm wondering.

I don't have an appointment, but since I'll be in the area already, might as well make use of the gas.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1217 on: May 27, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »

Is the diet and walking canceled today due to the holiday?

The holiday is pretty much over for my family since Dad has to work until 1745 tonight.  The diet is definitely not canceled and the walking is not canceled, either.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1218 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

Bushie goes to college! I wish I could see detective Bushie wander around campus knocking on random doors investigatin the benefits of a degree over a certificate.

But of course his diet and walking were cancelled.  He hasn't done them, has he? Actions speak far louder than words.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1219 on: May 27, 2013, 09:46:09 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 09:47:44 AM by Governor Scott »

Too late.

Do you have a death wish?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1220 on: May 27, 2013, 10:07:40 AM »

Too late.

Do you have a death wish?

One ice cream cone is not going to kill me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1221 on: May 27, 2013, 10:16:53 AM »

Yeah but the one ice cream cone + four sloppy Joe's + other garbage + no exercise = extremely unhealthy

But that's as far as I'm going with "trying to help." We all know what this is about which is why the fake frustration by most of the people here as they're "trying to help" irritates me. Same with you, my friend. You know this isn't about one ice cream cone. You know you're being unhealthy. But you're playing a role.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1222 on: May 27, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »

every week bushie has a new 'goal.'

this is a symptom, bushie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1223 on: May 27, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »

Bushier is going for a volume diet. He's still eating the same crap as before, but instead of 3 McDonald's burgers, he's only eating two. That means he'll drop some weight but be no healthier in the process.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: May 27, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

Very true, Memphis.

Another option is to keeping going with the CAD certificate, but turn it from an Architectural focus to a Mechanical focus.  Pretty much any place in the United States where there is a strong engineering presence would be good places to get a job.  I would not be confined to Oklahoma City.  I could go to Dallas, Kansas City, Albuquerque, Memphis, Phoenix, Austin, Denver, etc.  A CAD certificate would very helpful because it would be specialized focus in that one area for 9 months, so I would be able to get the certificate and have a good chance to get a job right after I get out of school.  My Dad has a very high mechanical and engineering aptitude.  He works for one of the largest defense contractors in the country in Oklahoma City and knows the fields real well.  He has a bunch of CAD designers working with him as well as with his competitors.  I have been told not to worry about finding a job while I'm in school with either option as my main focus will be on the school work.  My parents would rather me go with the CAD certificate as it would likely be the fastest route and more sure route to a better, stable career.  A Computer Science Degree would be better probably, but it would prolong my schooling, possibly through the 2014/2015 school year and thus delay working again, and it would add drastically to my student loan, and getting a job is not as sure fire as with a CAD certificate.  Neither route are guaranteed jobs, but our thinking is a specialized focus in CAD would be a better route to a job than a broader Comp Sci degree.  Once I start working, and I take full control of my own bills, then I can think about going back for a bachelor's degree when I can pay for it all on my own.

Considering Bushie's history does anyone want to give me odds that by the end of the week he goes all in??

Due to time constraints I have to make my decision this week whether to go to college.

May is basically over.  If I decide to back to college, then I've got to hurry up and put in my applications.  I have basically two months until school starts, and application deadlines are approaching.  Plus, I'll lose two weeks of these two months by going to Kenya.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies