HI 2014 Congressional Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:17:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI 2014 Congressional Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Author Topic: HI 2014 Congressional Elections  (Read 49265 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2014, 01:06:39 AM »

LOL, Chuck Schumer ties for the most liberal? Joke ranking.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2014, 02:46:31 AM »

Candidate forum for CD1. All the Democrats were there except for Mercado Kim.

Kathryn Xian and Stanley Chang are the most progressive; Chang seems more charismatic to me. Personally, I'm kinda leaning towards Takai because he emphasizes education and I think his military background would be good for the district.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2014, 02:50:48 AM »

Candidate forum for CD1. All the Democrats were there except for Mercado Kim.

Kathryn Xian and Stanley Chang are the most progressive; Chang seems more charismatic to me. Personally, I'm kinda leaning towards Takai because he emphasizes education and I think his military background would be good for the district.

I'd be rooting for Chang if it wasn't for that fine-the-homeless bill he put out a while back.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »

Mercado Kim is the most high profile, I think. She is the Senate President after all.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

Chuck Schumer tied for most liberal? What?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »

Mercado Kim is the most high profile, I think. She is the Senate President after all.

She's anti-SSM though; I'm curious to see how big a strike against her that will be.

Honestly, if that wasn't an issue, I'd probably be supporting her (though I'd likely be doing less research on the other candidates).
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2014, 03:39:01 AM »

The Civil Beat included a poll for CD1 in their last batch. Mercado Kim 25%, Takai 20%, everyone else in single-digits.

They did crosstabs with the Senate. Even with high undecideds, you can see the ideological trends. A majority of Chang and Anderson's voters are backing Schatz while 58% of Takai's voters are supporting Hanabusa.

Almost 40% of Kim's voters are supporting Schatz...kinda high considering she's the least progressive.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:42 AM »

So is the Hanabusa campaign running on things other than "We need more women in the Senate!" and "Inouye's seat?"  I'm inclined to support the incumbent in primary challenges if there's no good reason to get rid of them.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »

She's anti-SSM though; I'm curious to see how big a strike against her that will be.

Honestly, if that wasn't an issue, I'd probably be supporting her (though I'd likely be doing less research on the other candidates).

Once some money starts flowing, that will change, I'm 64% sure.

So is the Hanabusa campaign running on things other than "We need more women in the Senate!" and "Inouye's seat?"  I'm inclined to support the incumbent in primary challenges if there's no good reason to get rid of them.

Nope, even as a Hanabusa supporter, I can't say there is much of a difference.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2014, 11:35:19 PM »

Djou is reportedly liable to drop down to the House race. 'Probably the safer move.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2014, 11:46:24 PM »

I think this climate change debate should help Schatz. It should get him good press and pad his fundraising.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #286 on: March 13, 2014, 03:44:50 AM »

Hanabusa and Schatz agree to five debates. They will begin in July. The Hanabusa camp actually wanted to add three more earlier debates, one of which would be next week.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »

Djou is stickin with HI-01.

Hopefully now pundits will stop rating HI-Sen Likely D.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #288 on: March 14, 2014, 10:48:33 PM »

Not that I'm a pundit, but I just moved it to Safe D. Wink
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »

Why wasn't it safe D in the first place?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2014, 01:03:54 PM »

Djou did very well in HI-01 in 2012 despite Obama's landslide in the state. Combine that with a very bloody primary and wounded Democratic nominee, and I could see a slight chance for Djou pulling it out. Sort of like Mississippi, which I have at likely R for now. If McDaniel wins the primary, the Democrats actually have a decent candidate.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #291 on: March 19, 2014, 11:23:26 PM »

The bold progressives at the PCCC have endorsed Schatz.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #292 on: March 20, 2014, 12:12:54 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2014, 12:15:12 AM by Sawx »

Djou did very well in HI-01 in 2012 despite Obama's landslide in the state. Combine that with a very bloody primary and wounded Democratic nominee, and I could see a slight chance for Djou pulling it out. Sort of like Mississippi, which I have at likely R for now. If McDaniel wins the primary, the Democrats actually have a decent candidate.

Comparing Hanabusa or Schatz to a neo-Confederate Islamophobe who retweets white supremacists and Stormfront users is insulting. This seat never had a chance of going Republican.

In other news, water is wet.
Joshgreen
« Reply #293 on: March 20, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

Will help fundraising which will be important. Not much direct on-the-ground impact. Hanabusa hopefully goes down.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2014, 12:45:41 PM »

Comparing Hanabusa or Schatz to a neo-Confederate Islamophobe who retweets white supremacists and Stormfront users is insulting. This seat never had a chance of going Republican.

It was an analogy. I'm not saying Hanabusa or Schatz were even weak candidates, just that Djou was a strong one. HI-01 is half the state, and he got 46% there against Hanabusa even during Obama's huge landslide, so is it really that implausible he could've kept the Senate race within single digits in a much more Republican friendly environment?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »

It was an analogy. I'm not saying Hanabusa or Schatz were even weak candidates, just that Djou was a strong one. HI-01 is half the state, and he got 46% there against Hanabusa even during Obama's huge landslide, so is it really that implausible he could've kept the Senate race within single digits in a much more Republican friendly environment?

Yes. McDaniel's faults aren't because of a competitive primary. They're because he makes Ted Cruz look like Obama.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2014, 05:07:01 PM »

If Laura Lingle couldn't make Hawaii close, I don't think any Republican can
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2014, 08:05:33 PM »

If Laura Lingle couldn't make Hawaii close, I don't think any Republican can
She lost in a fairly good year for Democrats, while Djou did win a House seat in 2009 IIRC. Not saying Djou is strong of course, but I wouldn't declare Lingle the strongest Republican either.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

She lost in a fairly good year for Democrats, while Djou did win a House seat in 2009 IIRC. Not saying Djou is strong of course, but I wouldn't declare Lingle the strongest Republican either.

He won the seat in 2010 with 39%; Case and Hanabusa split the Democratic vote.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2014, 11:36:34 PM »

He won the seat in 2010 with 39%; Case and Hanabusa split the Democratic vote.

Exactly. The general election doesn't matter, only the primary.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies