British Columbia provincial election 2013
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:19:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  British Columbia provincial election 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Author Topic: British Columbia provincial election 2013  (Read 37076 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 11:34:14 PM »

On the compass I got:

Con: 61%
Lib: 60%
NDP: 50%
Grn: 42%

I'd vote BC Liberal.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »

On the compass I got:

Con: 61%
Lib: 60%
NDP: 50%
Grn: 42%

I'd vote BC Liberal.

I thought you were a Tory man through and through. I would've expected the Compass to show you as a Liberal, but then you to go around and support the Conservatives, not the opposite.
Foucaulf
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »

The Tories got 20% in Boundary-Similkameen in 09. Any chance at a pickup?

This is now impossible, as the Conservative candidate was dropped after one looked through what he wrote in local paper editorials.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That makes three candidates dropped so far. Fifty-four candidates for the party remain, I think.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »

Tend to agree with the Tory candidate (about the media avoiding the downside of single motherhood... seriously doubt that many women do the single mommy thing via a sperm bank), but damn what a stupid thing for someone with political aspirations to say.
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »

Finally got around to doing the Vote Compass:

NDP: 79%
GRN: 77%
LIB: 55%
CON: 29%

Seems about right, I'd probably go NDP if I were in BC
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »

What, the Tories can't even run a full slate? Joke party.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »

Poll by an organization called "Justason Market Intelligence":

NDP: 49
Lib: 27
Grn: 12
Cons: 11

Metro Van:
NDP: 56
Lib: 23
Grn: 10
Cons: 9

Van Island
NDP: 39
Lib: 29
Grn: 23

Rest
NDP: 41
Lib: 33
Cons: 16
Grn: 9

If the Greens are at 23% on Vancouver Island, then they at least have Oak Bay-Gordon Head in the bag. Perhaps Saanich North-Gulf Islands as well?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »

Metro Van:
NDP: 56
Lib: 23

Ouch for Liberals. With those numbers, I suppose Christy Clak lose her seat (not than it would be difficult, it's just leaning a little bit Liberal and Liberals never had huge majorities there).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »

Suspect that maybe we shouldn't read too much into regional breakdowns from an outfit called 'Justason Market Intelligence'.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »

Abacus pegs a 43-33 race with the Greens at 12 and Tories at 9.

http://abacusdata.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BCVoteIntentionProvincialLEADERSHIP_April292013.pdf
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:55 PM »

So will the NDP win and then go down in flames next election?
Foucaulf
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

If you're really obsessed with this election, the one leaders' debate for the election is happening right now. You can stream it via CBC.

You can also watch it if you want to see John Cummins try very, very hard to be relevant.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2013, 09:40:04 PM »

You forgot to post the regional numbers:

Metro Van:
NDP: 40
Lib: 37

Van Island (!!!)
NDP: 57
Grn: 24
Lib: 14
Cons: 4

Interior
NDP: 41
Lib: 38
Cons: 10
Grn: 8

Central/Northern
Lib: 36
NDP: 31
Cons: 15
Grn: 7
joevsimp

Political Matrix
E: -5.95, S: -4.00

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2013, 12:49:36 AM »

Vancouver island seems like my kind of place

any especial reason that the Tories are so weak in BC? even in the interior and along the Alberta border?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2013, 02:38:01 AM »

Vancouver island seems like my kind of place

any especial reason that the Tories are so weak in BC? even in the interior and along the Alberta border?

I've lived on the island for much of my youth, and trust me, there are waaay too many old people for someone my age.

The BC Liberals have little to do with the Federal Liberals. After the 2011 election, the BC Liberals even added "Not affiliated to the Liberal Party of Canada" on their party material. Since the collapse of the SoCreds the BC Liberals are the default pro-business/centre right party.

In fact former Premier Gordon Campbell, most (in)famous for driving drunk in Hawaii, was appointed Canadian High Commissioner to the UK by Stephen Harper.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 06:51:02 AM »

Clark is a federal Liberal though.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2013, 08:01:52 AM »

In fact former Premier Gordon Campbell, most (in)famous for driving drunk in Hawaii, was appointed Canadian High Commissioner to the UK by Stephen Harper.

Through, that's not a proof of right-wingness, given he appointed former Manitoba Premier Gary Doer to be Ambassador to the US, despite being an NDP member.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »

Is it just me, or is the CBC blatantly supporting the NDP?

How is this even news: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bcvotes2013/story/2013/04/30/bc-vote-compass-dix-wins-debate.html

A lot of their news seems to be pro-NDP. Not that I'm complaining to loudly of course, but it is a strange feeling, since I'm used to them loving the Liberals (but I suppose the NDP is the 'liberal' party in this race)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2013, 09:17:45 AM »

In French, they only cover the Conservatives losing candidates and NDP new announcements. First news about Liberals is in 7th position, the next one in 15th position.

Conservatives lost a 4th candidate, Ron Herbert in Vacouver-West End for having calling Clark a bitch on Twitter and insulting Chief Justice McLachlin, and they dropped off the volunteer which was responsible for vetting candidates.
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »

How is this even news: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bcvotes2013/story/2013/04/30/bc-vote-compass-dix-wins-debate.html

A lot of their news seems to be pro-NDP. Not that I'm complaining to loudly of course, but it is a strange feeling, since I'm used to them loving the Liberals (but I suppose the NDP is the 'liberal' party in this race)

I think you sort of hit it; BC is basically a two party race; the NDP being something of a Ontario Liberal smushed with the ONDP, and the BCLiberals being the reverse, a OLP/PC smush. The NDP being in the lead for over a year, making announcements everyday, BCL attacking the NDP everyday just makes for more news on the NDP then we in ontario are used to seeing (except recently since we have a minority with the NDP holding the balance).

I watched the debate and found Dix shaky but he didn't make any huge mistakes; Andrea performed better in her debates last election but since it was a three party fight its hard to be the "clear" winner.

Hmm with no BCCon candidate in Van-False Creek that makes it that much easier for Sam Sullivan and the BCL's to win, unless the Greens can pull enough votes away, this ones going to be close but leaning BCL given its demographics
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »

Insert rant about left wing media bias here.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »

Insert rant about centrist media bias here.

Corrected. This is still Canada after all... Tongue

No changes on tendencies in the last 10 days, folks:

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:56 PM »

Insert rant about left wing media bias here.

Media has a centrist bias, DC.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »

On CBC yesterday they were discussing the new Abacus poll as if it had wider significance... guess they never heard of dead cats' bounces.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »

I think you sort of hit it; BC is basically a two party race; the NDP being something of a Ontario Liberal smushed with the ONDP, and the BCLiberals being the reverse, a OLP/PC smush. The NDP being in the lead for over a year, making announcements everyday, BCL attacking the NDP everyday just makes for more news on the NDP then we in ontario are used to seeing (except recently since we have a minority with the NDP holding the balance).

I watched the debate and found Dix shaky but he didn't make any huge mistakes; Andrea performed better in her debates last election but since it was a three party fight its hard to be the "clear" winner.

Hmm with no BCCon candidate in Van-False Creek that makes it that much easier for Sam Sullivan and the BCL's to win, unless the Greens can pull enough votes away, this ones going to be close but leaning BCL given its demographics

I think False Creek is fool's gold for the NDP... and I don't think the Tories would've done well there anyways (not the right demographics). It's a good fit for a party like the BC Liberals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies