Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:00:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79261 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »

Tough choice, friend.  Smiley
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #426 on: April 15, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »

Having a much lower crime rate is really the only thing thats clearly better in Thailand (unless you like thai food, which I dont). Urban traffic is horrible in both countries.
Kenya is in most aspects a great country. For someone like Bushie employment will be a problem, but if he can somehow get around that I definetly think he should do it. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »

I agree.  I was trying to be fair.. I would love to go spend a few weeks in Kenya if I had the money.  But for a long-term place to live I think the choice is still pretty clear.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »

Well, folks, I am home from taking the COMPASS test. I amazed myself with the results. It had been 11 years since I had taken my only math course in college and nearly 13 years since I took my last math course in high school. Aside from the aptitude, they tested for reading comprehension, writing, and math (pre-algebra and algebra). The max score in any area was 99. I got a 99 in reading comp, 96 in writing, and 84 in math. What's even more amazing is that just 15 years ago in my sophomore year of high school, I was still having trouble with reading comprehension and was even recommended by my school counselor at the time to read some books that help improve reading comp. I never read those books, because I hated reading (and still hate it). To ace that test today put me in awe of just how much God has answered that prayer. I was at college level or above on all three tests.

Moreover, my aptitude test showed I would be able to excel in CAD.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »

What kind of math was relevant in this test?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »

What kind of math was relevant in this test?

There was a lot of Algebra and a little Geometry in the test, but the course uses more Geometry and Trigonometry.  So, not a lot of the math was relevant, but it wasn't designed to be.  The COMPASS test is similar to the ACT or SAT that high school students take to get into American Colleges and Universities in that it is required by all applicants, regardless of program of study, to assess their levels.  Since I had already graduated high school there technically was not a minimum threshold that I had to cross, they just suggested 8th grade level or above.  I scored graduate level college on the Reading and Writing and upper class undergrad in Math.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »

I will be heading out for Metro Technology Center in a bit to take the Compass Test.  The test is at 11:30, so I want to be there by 11:10 to find the testing center, so I will leave about 10:40 - 15 minutes from now.  I should be finished about 14:00 or 14:30, so I should be home between 15:00-15:30.  I'll probably watch some baseball tonight from 18:00-00:00 and get started on my FAFSA tomorrow.  If I can find time this afternoon, I may go out and walk for a bit.  I'm not sure what the 2 1/2 hours between 15:30-18:00 will look like, yet, but if I have time, I will get outside and walk for about 30 minutes, and if I do, I'll use the app so Inks can confirm that I actually did walk.

Is watching baseball for 6 hours not even slightly boring for you?

Not really.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »

I'm surprised Bushie hasn't made an announcement that he will suspend his diet today out of respect for the victims of the Boston marathon bombing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #433 on: April 15, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »

Why is Bushie a Republican now?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: April 15, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »

I align more with the Massachusetts Republicans than I do the Democrats.  I'm still a Democrat in Oklahoma and after a few days, I will change my avatar back to D-Oklahoma.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: April 15, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »

I'm surprised Bushie hasn't made an announcement that he will suspend his diet today out of respect for the victims of the Boston marathon bombing.

Diet? What diet?  Tongue  I'm trying to cut down, but I am not going to call it a diet.  Diet is too depressing of a word.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

Diet? What diet?  Tongue  I'm trying to cut down, but I am not going to call it a diet.  Diet is too depressing of a word.

Your BMI is higher than your life expectancy. You ought to be depressed.

Not necessarily.  I am trying to change that, but I don't let it get me down.  If I become depressed about it, I will become even more unmotivated and quit trying and am almost guaranteed to exit stage right early.  It's concerning, but it's not depressing.  Plus, I take the Apostle Paul's advice that he gave on two occasions, "For to live is Christ, but to die is gain" and "Absent from the body is present with the Lord."  Note that I'm not ready to go home yet, but if the Lord calls me home for whatever reason, I won't hesitate (not that I'll have a choice.)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47:35 PM »

What a morbid way to think
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »

It's not meant to be a morbid way of thinking, rather knowing that this life is not all there is.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #439 on: April 15, 2013, 07:52:45 PM »

Plus, I take the Apostle Paul's advice that he gave on two occasions, "For to live is Christ, but to die is gain" and "Absent from the body is present with the Lord."  Note that I'm not ready to go home yet, but if the Lord calls me home for whatever reason, I won't hesitate (not that I'll have a choice.)

You left out the part about the 70 virgins.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: April 15, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »

Plus, I take the Apostle Paul's advice that he gave on two occasions, "For to live is Christ, but to die is gain" and "Absent from the body is present with the Lord."  Note that I'm not ready to go home yet, but if the Lord calls me home for whatever reason, I won't hesitate (not that I'll have a choice.)

You left out the part about the 70 virgins.

As a Christian, I don't believe there will be 70 virgins waiting on me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #441 on: April 15, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »

Not necessarily.  I am trying to change that, but I don't let it get me down.  If I become depressed about it, I will become even more unmotivated and quit trying and am almost guaranteed to exit stage right early.  It's concerning, but it's not depressing.  Plus, I take the Apostle Paul's advice that he gave on two occasions, "For to live is Christ, but to die is gain" and "Absent from the body is present with the Lord."  Note that I'm not ready to go home yet, but if the Lord calls me home for whatever reason, I won't hesitate (not that I'll have a choice.)

You're twisting Paul's words.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of yourself.  By your logic, suicide would be a good thing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #442 on: April 15, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »

Yeah, your body is a temple and you disrespect it daily and now you're trying to justify your poor health as being good because you will die earlier. You're rejecting the life God gave you indirectly with your obesity and lack of motivation to be healthy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: April 15, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »

You're twisting Paul's words.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of yourself.  By your logic, suicide would be a good thing.

I never said you should purposefully hasten it, and yes, self control is one of the fruits of the spirit defined in Galatians 5:22-23.  I'm just saying if and when I am called home, it's time to go home.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #444 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »

Nobody is here forever. I wouldn't dwell too much on a statistical average. I would urge you to make the most of your time and to try to live a healthier life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: April 15, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »

Nobody is here forever. I wouldn't dwell too much on a statistical average. I would urge you to make the most of your time and to try to live a healthier life.

Absolutely.  That's what I intend to do.  I will not be perfect at it and there will be days that I slip up, some intentionally, some unintentionally.  The main thing I can do is try.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #446 on: April 15, 2013, 08:11:26 PM »

Absolutely.  That's what I intend to do.  I will not be perfect at it and there will be days that I slip up, some intentionally, some unintentionally.  The main thing I can do is try.

So do it!  Start exercising and eating less.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: April 15, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »

So do it!  Start exercising and eating less.

I've already started doing the latter, still have yet to get started on the former.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: April 15, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

The Compass Test this afternoon was the beginning of a new change, a new direction, a new career in my life! No more call centers, no more dead end trap jobs, I'm going for a brand new career. Today was also the beginning of another phase of my preparation for The Republic of Kenya!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #449 on: April 15, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »

I align more with the Massachusetts Republicans than I do the Democrats.  I'm still a Democrat in Oklahoma and after a few days, I will change my avatar back to D-Oklahoma.

lol. Really Bushie?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies