Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:57:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79321 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »

1. I can't see you doing computer-aided drafting.

i dont want to be rude inks.  but...

you seem to be berating bushie more than encouraging him.  you come across as someone who is quite miserable in your own life.

you constantly tell him to apply to jobs.  fine.  but then i seem to remember you telling him something like: 'i wouldnt hire you and i work in food service...' 

and i should add it really doesnt matter one damn bit what you can or cant see bushie doing.  your visions of bushie's future are irrelevant.

we all agree bushie needs help.  professional help.  continually berating him isnt going to push him to get that help.  trust me on that.

I wouldn't hire him in anything based on what I know.  But if he got a job and stuck with it for a couple years, I'd potentially hire him.  Not all employers are as picky as me... it doesn't hurt to try.  But the more times he quits and moves to a new job, the harder it'll be.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »

Besides, I'm always online even when I'm not at the computer.  I never log out of the forum on my own computer.

It times out after 15 minutes.  If you're "online", you were online within the last 15 minutes.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »

What kind of American public school has its own pool to teach kids how to swim in? Most Americans learn to swim, if they do, through private swim classes. About half of the population can't swim, and this is especially true of poor people.

Maybe it is a suburban thing; my high school had a (very nice) pool. I hated the swimming unit of class.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »

I'm about ready to head out to watch the last few hours of Round 1 of the Master's.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »

We're taking a break from the Master's for supper.  We'll probably resume about 5:30.  We're watching it on DVR so we can skip the commercials.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »

We're taking a break from the Master's for supper.  We'll probably resume about 5:30.  We're watching it on DVR so we can skip the commercials.

You really sat down at your computer, typed that out, and thought people would care?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »

You really sat down at your computer, typed that out, and thought people would care?

I've been tracking the Leaderboard on my tablet, and when we broke for dinner, I switched over to the forum.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »

I've been tracking the Leaderboard on my tablet, and when we broke for dinner, I switched over to the forum.

I'll call CNN.  Paul, can you contact MSNBC for me?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »

I'll call CNN.  Paul, can you contact MSNBC for me?

We'll watch the last 3 1/2 hours of the tourney after we eat, which we'll eat in about 5 minutes. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »

When I read God's Word, He used a murderer (Moses), an adulterer (Abraham), a coward (Gideon), an adulterous murderer (David).  I don't find any body who had it all together.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »

I am fully behind Freddy Couples if Tiger can't win. I've been pounding bourbon and mint juleps all day so I am reafy to go!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2013, 07:02:54 PM by Play Ball Bushie »

I am fully behind Freddy Couples if Tiger can't win. I've been pounding bourbon and mint juleps all day so I am reafy to go!

We're going for Mickelson, Garcia, and Couples in that order.

We do not like Mr Woods.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2013, 07:05:53 PM »

We're going for Mickelson, Garcia, and Couples in that order.

We do not like Mr Woods.

Why? They are all adulterers, just in smaller capacities.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: April 11, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »

It's not that, Duke.  It's just personal preference.

Anyway, we were about 40 minutes from being finished with the DVR of Round 1 and I had to bail out and head home because my knee was really starting to hurt.  I'll go back again tomorrow for a bit from 3:00-5:30 for Round 2, but then I'll have to leave to meet my friends for dinner at 6:00.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #339 on: April 11, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2013, 12:07:16 AM by memphis »

I still say he needs some drugs to get him moving around a little bit.

What the heck do you mean - some form of speed?  I hear people that use those types of drugs are quite thin.
Absolutely. Bushie can't will his way out of obesity any more than a schizo can will himself back to reality. We're dealing with brain chemistry here. You can get mucuna pruriens 100% legally on amazon.com. It's not quite as good as adderall but same idea. Increases dopamine. Gives you motivation and focus. Makes you not eat as much. Not for those with heart conditions or prone to mania though. Mandatory legal disclaimer: consult your physician first, yada yada yada.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »

It's not that, Duke.  It's just personal preference.

Anyway, we were about 40 minutes from being finished with the DVR of Round 1 and I had to bail out and head home because my knee was really starting to hurt.  I'll go back again tomorrow for a bit from 3:00-5:30 for Round 2, but then I'll have to leave to meet my friends for dinner at 6:00.

You're really a mess, aren't you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2013, 03:35:52 AM »

What does your knee hurting have to do with going home?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »

Just watching those golfers exert themselves by swinging a golf club is enough to put stress on his joints.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »

Absolutely. Bushie can't will his way out of obesity any more than a schizo can will himself back to reality. We're dealing with brain chemistry here. You can get mucuna pruriens 100% legally on amazon.com. It's not quite as good as adderall but same idea. Increases dopamine. Gives you motivation and focus.

Wow, that stuff sounds great!  I need some of that.  I have no desire to be thinner but I would like to be able to 'do research'.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »

I could have changed chairs, but I didn't.  I had to come home and take some Tylenol.  Grandma only has Regular Strength Tylenol and that stuff laughs as it goes down and doesn't touch anything.  I need at least extra strength Tylenol and even that is not really that effective.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »

I could have changed chairs, but I didn't.  I had to come home and take some Tylenol.  Grandma only has Regular Strength Tylenol and that stuff laughs as it goes down and doesn't touch anything.  I need at least extra strength Tylenol and even that is not really that effective.

I... I... I don't... really?  You drove home to take extra strength Tylenol?  Why didn't you just take an extra (or two) pills of the regular Tylenol?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »

I... I... I don't... really?  You drove home to take extra strength Tylenol?  Why didn't you just take an extra (or two) pills of the regular Tylenol?

I could have, but that wasn't the only reason.  It was already starting to approach 21:00 and I had a baseball game I wanted to watch from 21:00-00:00, so I came on home.  Since the doctor took me off Aleve, that has taken away the drug that helps my joints the most, so now I have to resort to ES Tylenol.  I may see if I can take Advil which is supposedly a little stronger than Tylenol.  I don't know if its outlawed in the no Aleve and no Ibuprofen order from my doctor.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:09 AM »

1. You never mentioned the baseball game... I honestly think you didn't know you could just take more Tylenol.
2. Aleve is naproxen; Tylenol is acetaminophen, and Advil is ibuprofen (as is Motrin).  So if he's banned Aleve and ibuprofen, then no, you can't take Advil (these are basic things that you should know, by the way).  But why were you taken off Aleve and ibuprofen?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:35 PM »

1. You never mentioned the baseball game... I honestly think you didn't know you could just take more Tylenol.
2. Aleve is naproxen; Tylenol is acetaminophen, and Advil is ibuprofen (as is Motrin).  So if he's banned Aleve and ibuprofen, then no, you can't take Advil (these are basic things that you should know, by the way).  But why were you taken off Aleve and ibuprofen?

He took me off Aleve because I'm already taking prescription Naproxen as my anti-inflammatory, and to take Naproxen and Aleve would be hard on my kidneys.  My mother already has bad kidneys, so he is trying to preserve my kidneys as long as possible.  He's taken her off Aleve and Ibuprofen.  Prior to this last appointment, I was just taking the prescription Naproxen as needed for headaches, but now that he has told me to take them every day as an anti-inflammatory for my arthritis, he doesn't want me to double up on Naproxen and Aleve at the same time.  I thought Advil and Motrin were ibuprofen, but I just wanted to make sure.  I'll just take ES Tylenol for now.  Perhaps I'm dumb, but what about Bayer?  Is that ibuprofen?  I'm trying to find something stronger than Tylenol without violating the doctor's orders.  It's probably a fruitless search, but it doesn't hurt to try.

As to your first point, that is true, I didn't know I could take an extra pill or two or RS Tylenol, but I still wanted to catch the Rangers/Mariners game last night at 21:00.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to take a walk for a bit.  I'll be back by the top of the hour.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies