2016: Back to the Future or Forward to the Present
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:29:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: Back to the Future or Forward to the Present
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Who Should Martinez Select for Vice President?
Paul

Huntsman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: 2016: Back to the Future or Forward to the Present  (Read 30151 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »

"Governor Martinez unemployment stands at 6.6% today, that is lower than the 7.2% it was when President Obama took office. It is fair to say America is better off then it was four years ago?"

"Well thank you David for the question and thank you to the League of Women voting for commissioning the first of three Presidential Debates and thank you to Secretary Hillary Clinton, it's an honor and a privilege to stand here tonight with you."

To answer your question David, yes the numbers have changed, but if you travel around the country and ask people how they feel about the state of the country, they are worried. The unemployment numbers have changed, but that is simply because many people have given up looking for work. The Obama economy and the Obama recovery is more government spending, it's more government influence and government control over the economy. It is time to remove the shackles of government and put this country back on a path of fiscal responsibility. When the national debt is nearly twenty trillion, it's time for a change. Eight years ago, President Obama called President Bush's handling of the national debt unpatriotic, I call the President's handling unresponsible. -- Susana Martinez

Millions of new jobs, compared to the millions lost under George Bush's administration. A better standing in the world. To me and to most Americans unemployment going down is a sign of recovery. My pledge to the American people is simple to continue the progress started under President Obama and see that American maintains her role as the leader of the world. -- Hillary Clinton"

"I want America to remain the greatest nation on earth, but the debt is unsustainable, and Secretary Clinton's plans of raising taxes like President Obama will not solve the nation's fiscal problems, we've seen it. What America has is not a taxing problem, but a spending problem. We need to reduce the national debt and we need to reevaluate the federal government's budget at every level. Now Mrs. Clinton will charge that I am here to do away with government, not my stance and not what I will do as President. I want to make government work, and make it work more efficiently and effectively in our lives. This means if I can send programs back to the state, I will. -- Susana Martinez"

"Governor Martinez's position is to let the states handle everything. Let the states handle education, let the states handle medicaid, well there are things the states can do and there are things the states cannot do. Her approach is to nickel and dime the federal government and hand out tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires. -- Hillary Clinton"

"Not true. First on the taxes. I want to help every American, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hand out taxes breaks for the top 1-2 percent. Those making incomes over $450,000 will see loop holes and deductions closed under my plan, while anyone making below that amount will benefit from a tax cut. The current rate is 35% and I want to bring it down to 25%. Now to your next point you say the states should not handle education, well for eight years under this president and for decades prior to him the government has handle education and what do we have to show for it. We are falling behind in math and science while other countries are shooting past us. If the government has done such a good job then why aren't we leading..." -- Susana Martinez

"By and large both candidates stuck to their talking points tonight, both did not take any risks or make any gaffes. Unlike four years ago this debate does not change the face of the race and we're back to or continuing with a neck and neck contest between the two women." --Rachel Maddow

In terms of delivery both candidates did what they expected, but in the performance area I found that Susana Martinez came across as more likable, and maybe that is because we've seen Hillary Clinton before. We know her. Here is a great chance for the American people to get a real good look at the Governor and start making the decision of should she be President?" -- Joe Scarborough

"Probably the best exchange of the tonight was and it wasn't really an exchange, but one that focused on Clinton's age. Brian Williams went to Martinez and asked her bluntly if Hillary Clinton is too old to be President and she gave a classy, smart answer. I don't agree with the Governor and her politics, but it was a nice answer." -- Chris Matthews

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: (Pre-Debate)
Clinton: 49%
Martinez: 45%

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: (Post-Debate)
Clinton: 48% -1
Martinez: 47% +2

Politico/GW/Battleground: Clinton
Martinez: 48%

Rasmussen: Martinez
Martinez: 49%
Clinton: 47%

Gallup: Martinez
Clinton: 48%

NBC/Wall St. Journal Poll: Clinton
Clinton: 50%
Martinez: 47%
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »

That must mean Clinton has something like a 5 point lead with PPP, right? Tongue
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2013, 11:48:29 AM »

That must mean Clinton has something like a 5 point lead with PPP, right? Tongue
It's still early.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19:10 PM »

Sounds like a kind of boring debate, but still. I wonder how the VP debate will change things, if at all.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: RAGING FOREST FIRES ACROSS NEW MEXICO/b]

GOVERNOR MARTINEZ RETURNS TO NM
Governor Martinez canceled all campaign activities for the next few days as she returns to New Mexico to tour the damage caused by a set of wildfires. When asked when she would be returning to the campaign trail her spokesperson for the campaign responded, "Governor Martinez's priority is her state, politics will come second."

CLINTON LAMBAST MARTINEZ OVER TAXES
"Her tax policy follows the same playbook that every Republican from Bush to Coolidge pushed. Cut spending, cut taxes. You know insanity is described as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. My goodness, our Republican friends, they just don't learn."

HUNTSMAN HITS THE STUMP IN NH
"The policies Governor Martinez and I will pursue in the White House are pro-growth, pro-jobs. Instead of throwing unsubstantiated charges, why doesn't Mrs. Clinton put forth her plan to fix immigration or to strengthen our military, or to cut the deficit? The fact is she can't. She hopes to scare the American people into not voting for Governor Martinez, while not providing any specifics of a plan, save for continuing the economic policies of President Obama." --

PPP: Tie

Politico/GW/Battleground: Tie

Rasmussen: Martinez
Martinez: 50%
Clinton: 46%

IBD/TIP: Clinton

CNN Opinion Research: Tie

Gallup: Martinez
Martinez: 51%

ABC News/Wash Post: Clinton

Monmouth/Survey USA/Braun: Tie

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl: Martinez

Pew Research: Tie

"In the wake of the wildfires in New Mexico, which have forced Governor Martinez off the campaign trail for a few days the polls have changed dramatically. In the ten polls released Governor Martinez leads in three and ties Mrs. Clinton in five. With a little less than a month to until Election Day, this race certainly has a few more surprises in store." -- Rachel Maddow
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

Battleground Polls:

Ohio: Tossup

Pennsylvania: Lean Clinton

Virginia: Tossup

New Mexico: Lean Martinez

Colorado: Lean Martinez
Clinton: 45%

Arkansas: Lean Clinton
Clinton: 51%
Martinez: 46%

New Hampshire: Tossup

Florida: Tossup

Nevada: Tossup

West Virginia: Lean Martinez
Clinton: 45%

Missouri: Lean Martinez

Iowa: Lean Clinton

Michigan: Lean Clinton

Wisconsin: Lean Clinton

Arizona: Lean Martinez

Minnesota: Lean Clinton

North Carolina: Lean Martinez
Martinez: 52%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »

"With a new look at the battleground state polls this election is anyone's game at this point. The first debate didn't really change the numbers. We saw some numbers move in Martinez's favor when she returned home to handle the wildfires. In voters minds this came across well and it's one of the advantages she has in the race. She is an incumbent governor, Hillary Clinton has been out of public service for almost four years, so she is in a tricker position to come across as presidential. The difference is we know who Hillary Clinton is. We know her husband and we know her record. The choice is really in the hands of the voters." -- Chuck Todd

"Thank you Chuck Todd, and we'll see if tonight's Vice Presidential Debate changes anything." -- Rachel Maddow

Vice Presidential Debate:
On Governor Crist's change from Republican to Democrat:
"I respect Governor Crist and his service to the state of Florida. I think anyone who puts themselves forward as a candidate is worthy of any praise, however I do have to take issue with Governor's Crist's change of party, and I'll be honest I've been at odds with the Republican Party at times, trying to get through a more moderate voice, and I think this election certainly proves that sanity is trumping insanity, but aside from that, Governor Crist was a Republican for many years, he believed in what Ronald Reagan stood for and then when it was political inconvenient to be a Republican he switched to an Independent and I'll accept that, but then when he lost his election for the US Senate he ultimately switched to a Democrat saying the Republican Party left him. What we have her folks is not a genuine Democrat or lost moderate, what we have is a genuine weathervane. Charlie Crist is an opportunist."

"I take great issue with that Jon. For a man who prides himself on putting his country before politics, you've demonstrated tonight why the American people hate politics what is wrong with politics today."

"Not to be snarky Governor, but you're type of flip-flopping is why the American people hate politics and what is wrong with it today. I'm a Republican, a proud one and disagree with my party at times and have been vocal about my disagreements, you instead change your affiliation on the simple basis that you couldn't win a Republican primary in 2010. Now answer this for me, if you had beaten Marco Rubio in the primary and won the election would you be a Republican today, Governor?"

"Governor Huntsman, I try not and don't like to engage in hypotheticals."

"I have my answer then."

"I like Governor Huntsman and four years ago he ran for the Republican nomination and he couldn't even make it out of the primary because he would not cater to the extreme right wing of a party that is living back in the 1950s. A party of old white men to put it bluntly, that haven't opened their eyes and saw that America has changed. This is the 21st century, not the nineteenth century. This is a party that chastised a president, our president for not being un-American. I abandoned the Republican Party because it does not represent my views, and frankly Governor Huntsman you and I are similar voices and I urge you to come over to our side once the election is over."

"Thank you for the offer Governor, but regretfully I'm going to have to decline. Folks, The Republican Party of 2016 is not the Republican Party of 1916 and is certainly not the Republican Party of four years ago. And to the charge regarding the President's birth hysteria, yes it was appalling no doubt, but that type of crazy talk came from the fringe element of my party, and I don't denounce it, just as Governor Martinez does, but in 2016 no one is questioning President Obama's birth status, that's lunacy if you think that's an issue. It came from the fringe and we can go back and forth all night about fringe elements, because equally disturbing talks comes from your party as well. Now to prove my point about a changed Republican Party I offer evidence on the ticket. Our party has not nominated a Mormon to run as Vie President of the United States and nominated a woman to be President of the United States, if that is not change I don't know what is."

"Certainly a lively discussion tonight between Governor Huntsman and Governor Crist. As expected both candidates stuck to the talking points, jabbing each other on taxes and the deficit, but the real excitement came over Governor Crist's decision to leave the Republican Party and become a Democrat." -- Rachel Maddow

"Look both campaigns are claiming victory tonight, and historically Vice Presidential Debates don't change the numbers, but it is fair to say both candidates did their job making the case for their respective candidates." -- Chuck Todd

"I was disappointed with Charlie Crist tonight. He let Huntsman walk all over him. I think he tried to be the nice guy in the debate and that doesn't cut it. It's like Obama four years ago. He let Romney walk all over him." -- Chris Matthews

"Look, Chris Jon Huntsman did what he needed to do, he silenced Charlie Crist who truthfully can't articulate the Democratic platform artfully. In hindsight Hillary Clinton would have been smarter to of picked Brian Schweitzer or Martin O'Malley. The problem with Crist is that while he was a nice show stopper at the convention he hasn't provided much except to say "oh look the republicans are backward minded" and like tonight Huntsman, a moderate voice in the party denounced that charge and I think his point about the ticket this year illustrated it beautifully." -- Joe Scarborough

"I think tonight Jon Huntsman raised his profile to new heights. Now I'm confident in a Martinez victory in November, but should she lose, I think four years from now Huntsman will be the frontrunner and the likely nominee." -- Michael Steele

"Chuck there have been reports and we can't confirm if there is any truth to them, but supposedly there is some tension inside the Clinton campaign and the Crist team if you will, having to do with his role on the trail. They've wanted to take a larger approach in attacking Governor Martinez directly, supposedly Charlie Crist in tonight's debate wanted to call Governor Martinez an extremist and equate her to the Limbaugh/Hannity wing of the party and apparently his remark over the birther controversy was not supposed to be mentioned. How are we supposed to take this?"-- Rachel Maddow

"It's all speculation. Obviously when the books are written of this campaign the truth of it will come out one way or another, but in every campaign there is always issues between the Presidential nominee and the the Vice Presidential nominee's staff." -- Rachel Maddow

"I called and congratulated Governor Huntsman on a job well done, he will make an excellent Vice President for this country. Now the campaign goes on and I'll forward to continuing to make my case and election day ahead."

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: Post VP Debate
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2013, 10:06:08 PM »

"With less than month to go before Election we are playing over different scenarios for the electoral map. At this point without any of the tossups included, if the election were held today we believe that Hillary Clinton would win the electoral college." --Chuck Todd

Clinton: 283
Martinez: 214

"Now there are a lot of states still in play and Florida is considered a tossup by the latest polls, but we're looking at the numbers and Clinton is leading, albeit narrowly. Now a lot can change over the next month, but like four years the electoral math is helpful to the Democrats, and while Governor Martinez is leading in some polls in the popular vote, she is behind in the electoral vote and that's what matters.

Now we're taking away Florida and Hillary Clinton is already doing better than Governor Martinez in the electoral vote." -- Chuck Todd

Clinton: 254
Martinez: 214

"Even if Martinez takes Florida, Nevada and Virginia, all states that are swinging her way, she still comes up short. Hillary Clinton at where she sits now is at 254 electoral votes and needs only the state of Ohio and she wins, 272-262. Now New Hampshire is could go either way, let's give it to Martinez for arguments sake and it changes nothing. Hillary Clinton would win 272-266.

For Governor Martinez to win she must take at least Nevada, Florida, Virginia and Ohio or a combination. She wins all four and she gets 280 electoral votes. She can do without Virginia and she wins 274 to 264. Now she could pick up New Hampshire and that helps, but she needs to hold down Ohio, Florida and Virginia. She loses Florida and it's over. She loses Virginia it's over unless she can take Iowa or New Hampshire." -- Chuck Todd

"Chuck what the strategy for both campaigns?" -- Joe Scarborough

"Well Governor Martinez outlined a fifty state strategy, and by the looks of it that was a PR stunt as she hasn't campaigned in any traditional Republican states, and are focusing on locking up the west and taking back Virginia, Florida and Ohio, all states won by President Obama. The Clinton campaign strategy is very different. They're focusing on the midwest and it is holding the Obama states of Ohio, Virginia and Iowa. They'll even sacrifice New Hampshire and Florida and they still win, 285-253. They're in a better position then Martinez. While they think they've won Colorado and Nevada those are not surefire Martinez states, so it's not only those and then taking Virginia, Florida and Ohio." -- Chuck Todd.

"Thank you Chuck Todd." -- Joe Scarborough

"And I'll just throw this out there. The Clinton campaign's electoral map leaked or intentionally leaked, I suppose we'll never know, but they're very confident in winning and the path is by holding the Obama states in the midwest, dubbed The Midwest Strategy." -- Chuck Todd

Clinton Electoral Map
Hillary Clinton: 289
Susana Martinez: 248
Goodwin
Goodwin45
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »

This is shaping into a very interesting election. I can see a 269-269 tie, with Martinez narrowly winning the popular vote.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »

Very anxious to see where this goes. Keep up the good work! I started a timeline some time ago, but it was very over-ambitious. I like your way better. If you ever want to work together on one, let me know. It could be a lot of fun. Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »

Very anxious to see where this goes. Keep up the good work! I started a timeline some time ago, but it was very over-ambitious. I like your way better. If you ever want to work together on one, let me know. It could be a lot of fun. Smiley
I appreciate the praise, I've enjoyed writing it. Yeah, sure I'd be game to work on a joint timeline. Once this is finished we can approach it!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »

Town Hall Presidential Debate:

"What will you do to reduce the deficit?"
"I think we all acknowledge that the national debt is a problem, we have to get it under control, but the solution is not to cut government down to nothing. Now Governor Martinez would suggest slashing medicare, social security, infrastructure programs and educations. Now we can reduce the deficit through responsible spending cuts, while asking the wealthiest Americans to pay a little more in taxes. It's fair, it right and it's what we must do."

"Thank you first for the question and thank you to the University of New Hampshire for hosting the second Presidential Debate, and thank you to Hillary Clinton, it's a pleasure to speak with you again tonight. Now you're question is one I hear all across this country. The debt is a problem, we're at almost twenty-trillion, that's unacceptable. Now a few years ago the President passed a package that raised taxes, but provided little to no spending cut and look the deficit has ballooned. Now Mrs. Clinton suggest I want to come in and chop up the federal government, not so. I want to look at the government budget and evaluate what programs are necessary and what programs we can send back to the states. Now a second component we need to take is to inspire confidence in the economy and that is by giving people the assurance that the federal government can pay their own bills and handle their own affairs. For the last eights years we've had a president who's been fiscally irresponsible, now he's a nice man and I applaud him for his service, but when it comes to the fiscal matters he's sadly failed."

"The war in Afghanistan ended in 2014, but America still faces threats from around the world; how does America continue to combat terror threat without going to war?"
"War is always a last resort and the threats we face today are not isolated in one particular country, but from regions around the world. One way we accomplish or create a deterrence is by building more alliance with nations around the world, any nation that is supporting or harboring terrorist is give an ultimatum, increased military technology through the use of drones is another way to keep boots off the ground. The role is not for America to simply say the war is over, therefore the threat is gone. We can't wash our hands, and we have to keep vigilant."

"Well the first measure to take is to identify the problem and call it what it is. We face a threat from Islamic extremist; jihadist. We cannot bury our heads in the sand and instead have to face the problem. I would argue America has shrunk from this position for the last eight years. We don't appease terrorist, we kill them."

"I think it's fair to say they have been killed, Governor. Osama Bin Laden,  Anwar al-Awlaki, the list goes on. I know Governor you and the perverted right wing of the party like to believe that somehow President Obama has been flatfooted when it comes to dealing with the terror threat, but the fact is during the last eight years there has not been another Afghanistan, there has not been another Iraq. There has not been another attack on the homeland. Instead of promoting your adventurism again and again why don't you sit down and look at the situation. The Neo-Con Foreign Policy which guided George Bush for eight years did not kill Osama Bin Laden, but instead dragged this country into two wars, one of them totally unneeded and sacrificed of thousands of American lives and cost this country billions of dollars. So while your argument is well the Democrats are weak on foreign policy and handling different kind of threats, I'm calling your bluff and submitting the last eight years as evidence..." -- Hilary Clinton

"And that was the Second Presidential Debate, town hall format, or I should say the part of the debate that is now the most watched clip on Youtube and the part of the debate that blew up social media. A few example of the different Tweets from tonight. 'Martinez Pwned#2nddebate', 'Clinton on fire' #HRC', "Neocon: 0'

You get the picture? The exchange, which really wasn't an exchange, more a declarative statement seemed to set the tone for the rest of the debate, which Governor Martinez sticking mainly to her talking points of 'I will fix the economy which really isn't broken, but I must keep saying this because the lady in the pant suit scare me.' Many on the left were nervous that Hillary Clinton was not going to engage Governor Martinez, considering the first debate was a nonstarter for both sides, then came the Vice Presidential Debate and well let's be honest Governor Crist buckled under the pressure of Governor Huntsman who did a better job for the ticket in one than Governor Martinez has been able to do in now two debates." -- Rachel Maddow

"Rachel I know you and everyone else is calling this night a game changer, but I don't see it. Hillary Clinton has been unable to really define Governor Martinez as Sarah Palin-lite or what have you. Sure she gets some debate points tonight and that may change the numbers for a few days, but I think this race will tighten up and I'm not saying this with false optimism, I'm saying it because I generally believe most Americans are unsure who to vote for, even at this stage of the game." -- Joe Scarborough

Daily Presidential Tracking: Post 2nd Debate

Battleground Polls:

Ohio: Tossup

New Hampshire: Tossup

Florida: Tossup

Virginia: Tossup

Colorado: Tossup

Nevada: Tossup

New Mexico: Lean Martinez

Arizona: Lean Martinez

Missouri: Lean Martinez

West Virginia: Lean Martinez

Georgia: Lean Martinez

Iowa: Lean Clinton

Michigan: Lean Clinton

Wisconsin: Lean Clinton
Clinton: 52%

Pennsylvania: Lean Clinton
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32:27 AM »

Great update. Glad to see Clinton doing better this time than last time. I'll have to check the backstory to see if Martinez' comments about the deficit balooning ring true or not, but I do know that the package she's talking about cut entitlements and raised taxes.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »

I'd hate to play the roll of Opebo here, but Martinez wouldn't be leading in West Virginia for the pure fact that Hillary is white and she's brown.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »

I'd hate to play the roll of Opebo here, but Martinez wouldn't be leading in West Virginia for the pure fact that Hillary is white and she's brown.
Neither Gore nor Kerry won that state, though.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »

I didn't realize Gore and Kerry ran against a Latina Wink
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »

I didn't realize Gore and Kerry ran against a Latina Wink

Um... Jorje Bush? xD
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2013, 06:10:44 PM »

Being a black professor with roots in Kenya and Malaysia is a lot different than being a Mexican American from a working class family.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »

Being a black professor with roots in Kenya and Malaysia is a lot different than being a Mexican American from a working class family.

Translation: being a minority who Fox News hates is a lot different from being a minority who Fox News likes. Fox wouldn't stir up hatred toward Martinez the way they did toward Obama. C'mon, you think MSNBC will pound Martinez for being maybe born in Mexico or any of the other things that Fox attacked Obama for? No, they would criticize her policy and gaffes like they did to Romney. And of the two, which one has more influence in a Republican state?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »

Hilldog vs Benny Lopez lolol
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2013, 10:51:39 AM by NHI »

MARTINEZ OUTLINES IMMIGRATION POLICY
Governor Martinez looked to stake a claim on the immigration argument, by crafting her position to deal with the country's problem. In a speech in Reno, Nevada Martinez stated that she hopes to champion complete and entire immigration reform by 2021. While Governor Martinez lacked specifics in her speech, she did signal a compassionate note saying, "While we must be tough on those who are here are illegally, we must also have compassion, and work to provide the necessary tool for people to become citizens of this great land."
Governor Martinez who four years ago criticized Republican nominee Mitt Romney for his policy of self-deporation echoed those same sentiments in her closing remarks. "Reform will not come with just the ideas of one party, but both Democrats and Republicans alike. If I am elected immigration reform will be at the top of my list."

When pressed on specifics of her plan Governor Martinez signaled support for a plan proposed by Marco Rubio in 2012, as well as steps and policies taken by both Former Texas Governor Rick Perry and incumbent Governor Julian Castro. "I'm open to all ideas, this problem is bigger than one party."

ROCK STARS
President Obama and Former President Bill Clinton hit the campaign trail together barnstorming the states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, drumming up support for Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Ticket.
"Let's not turn back now, that's not the American way." -- Pres. Barack Obama

VPS HIT THE SUNDAY SHOWS
"We're energized, our supporters are energized. We're ready for victory." -- Jon Huntsman
"Momentum is building and Governor Martinez's is stalling." -- Charlie Crist

THE OTHER RACES
While the Presidential Race between Governor Susana Martinez and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is making most of the headlines, there are other races going on across the country, many which could affect the balance of power in Washington post Election. Senates races to watch, Florida (Inc. Rubio), New Hampshire (Inc. Ayotte), Iowa (O.R.), Arizona (O.R.), Arkansas (Inc. Boozman), California (O.R.), Connecticut (Inc. Blumenthal), Illinois (Inc. Kirk), Kentucky (Inc. Paul) Nevada (O.R), Colorado (Inc. Bennett)

Challengers:
Florida: Alex Sink
New Hampshire: Paul Hodes
Iowa: Terry Branstad v. Tom Vislack
Arizona: CC Goldwater v. Ken Bennett
Arkansas: Dustin McDaniel
California: Duncan Hunter v. Loretta Sanchez
Connecticut: Kevin J. O'Connor
Illinois: Michelle Obama
Kentucky: Daniel Mongiardo
Nevada: Brian Sandoval v. Rory Ried
Colorado: Jane Norton

Polls:
Florida: (Lean R) R: 50% S: 46%)
New Hampshire: (Tossup) A: 49% H: 47%
Iowa: (Lean D) V: 49% B: 44%
Arizona: (Tossup) G: 47% B: 47%
Arkansas: (Tossup) B: 48% M: 46%
California: (Lean D) S: 50% H: 45%
Connecticut: (Lean D) B: 50% O: 44%
Illinois: (Lean D) O: 51% K: 44%
Kentucky: (Lean R) P: 50% M: 45%
Nevada: (Tossup) S: 48% R: 46%
Colorado: (Lean D) B: 49% N: 45%
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »

2 democrats running against each other in Iowa?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:43 PM »

2 democrats running against each other in Iowa?

And yet it's still only Lean D.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2013, 09:10:09 PM »

Also, I swear there were more democrats that would like that seat than Blanche Lincoln.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

Corrections fixed and suggestion added.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies