2016: Back to the Future or Forward to the Present
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:42:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: Back to the Future or Forward to the Present
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Who Should Martinez Select for Vice President?
Paul

Huntsman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: 2016: Back to the Future or Forward to the Present  (Read 29886 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »

No real reason. Though I'm a staunch Republican I do enjoy watching MSNBC from time.
Next update coming next week sometime.
You're the only Republican I know who doesn't despise MSNBC, in that case. Every other Republican I have ever talked to treats it like it's some plague channel that makes zombies or something. o.o

Back when I was a Republican I enjoyed a lot of their anchors (Ratigan and Maddow mostly).
Cool! Where I am, the Republicans watch Fox and the Democrats watch MSNBC and they hate the other one. (and NOBODY likes CNN) It gets pretty ugly on Facebook...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »

For what it's worth, I absolutely cannot stand Rachel Maddow. Tongue
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:34 PM »

"...Vermont will be added into the Paul column tonight." -- Rachel Maddow

Vermont Primary: Republicans (57%)
Paul: 51.0%
Martinez: 48.8%

"Looking the map of states we've projected on the Republican side, it is Governor Martinez in the leads in terms of states won and delegates." -- Rachel Maddow

Illinois Primary: Republicans (55%)
Martinez: 50.0%
Paul: 48.7%

Minnesota Caucuses: Republicans (59%)
Paul: 50.1%
Martinez: 49.1%

Montana Primary: Republicans (59%)
Paul: 49.6%
Martinez: 49.4%

"So looking past tonight is the nomination decided on both the Democrat and Republican sides?" -- Rachel Maddow

"The nomination fight is over and we're looking at Hillary Clinton and Susana Martinez race for the general election." -- Joe Scarborough

"The Democrats are on the cusp of nominating the first woman to be on a major party ticket for the Presidency, and so too are the Republicans. This is an extraordinary moment in our country's history. Two women competing for the Presidency of the United States. This dynamic illustrates just how much our country has changed." -- Chris Matthews

"Just to interject MSNBC is now projecting that Senator Paul is the winner of the Guam Primary." -- Rachel Maddow

"And what about Rand Paul, is he much of a factor in the race or can we expect him to drop out of the race shortly?" -- Rachel Maddow

"I suspect Rand Paul to remain around for the next set of contests or so, but he's not like his father. I bet he'll see the writing on the wall and plan to dropout of the race sooner rather than later." -- Joe Scarborough

"And MSNBC can now project that Governor Martinez is the winner of the Illinois primary." -- Rachel Maddow

Illinois Primary: Republicans (61%)
Martinez: 50.7%
Paul: 48.2%

Super Tuesday Map: Republicans)

Super Tuesday Map: Democrats

"As we look at the Democratic Map, with all the states decided save for Guam, Hillary Clinton is the big winner tonight, carrying every state except the state of Vermont Deval Patrick's home state of Massachusetts." -- Rachel Maddow

"We've been saying it for a while now, but tonight it can be said loud and clear. Hillary Clinton will be the nominee. I suspect Deval Patrick to dropout very shortly and concede to Clinton. He knows it's over and by continuing this fight he'll only hurt himself, Hillary Clinton and the party." -- Chris Matthews

The Day After:

HALF-WAY THERE!
Hillary Clinton is the now the presumptive Democratic Nominee. In her speech in Illinois she sounded a victorious note. "The next leg of our journey begins tonight. Tomorrow we start the travel towards 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!"

PATRICK ENDS BID, BACKS CLINTON

PAUL DETERMINED TO FIGHT ON
Despite coming up short on Super Tuesday Senator Rand Paul vowed to continue the fight to become the Republican nominee in a press conference Wednesday morning. "There are many more primaries and caucuses in play, so the fight is not over."

Post Super Tuesday: Republican Primary Polls
Martinez: 59%
Paul: 39%

Match up: Clinton v. Martinez
Clinton: 50%
Martinez: 41%
Undecided: 9%

Clinton v. Paul:
Clinton: 53%
Paul: 39%
Undecided: 8%
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »

Woo! So either way, we get the first woman president. We all know who Hillary Clinton is, but I don't know much about Martinez. For your next update, can you have the MSNBC crew talk about Martinez specifically and what she's done? Maybe cover Rand Paul too.

Also, for the sake of this timeline, how is, well... everything? How'd the 2014 midterms turn out, how's the economy, unemployment rate, national debt, national security and other foreign policy stuff, etc? How well is Obamacare working in your timeline? How high is Obama's approval rating? All these things will provide sort of a context for this election.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

Before heading into the next phase of the campaign I'm providing some context on the state of the country, the economy, the 2014 midterms results and Obama's approval rating.

Backstory:

In late 2012 the Fiscal Cliff was averted with Republicans conceding on tax hikes and the Democrats making some concession on entitlements. President Obama begins his second term with unemployment at 7.6%. Throughout the remainder of his term, right up until the Presidential Election the unemployment declines slowly, falling to 7.2% in November 2013. By the following November it falls to a historic 6.8%. Job creation is steady, but not stellar. The Republicans still charge that President Obama's economic policies haven't work, while the majority of Americans are starting to feel optimistic about the state of the country.

The renewed confidence of the American spirit helps the Democrats in the 2014 midterms. The Democrats retain control of the Senate in 2014 and increase their numbers in the House, but not enough to end the Republican Majority. President Obama's approval ratings remained consistent, ranging from mid to low fifties.

Senator John Kerry leaves his senate seat in 2013 to become Secretary State and he is replaced by Paul Kirk In the special election newly elected Congressman Joe Kennedy defeats State Rep. Dan Winslow and wins a full in the 2014 midterm Election.

While the Democrats did not retake the House in the November midterms the night is largely seen as a victory for the party. Many prominent Republicans including Senator Lindsay Graham received primary challenges from the right. A big pickup for the Democrats was in Kentucky where Senator and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell narrowly lost to actress Ashley Judd. The Democrats also picked up a Republican seat in Maine, where again tea party challenge prevented Senator Collins from winning reelection. In Georgia d incumbent Saxby Chambliss does not seek reelection allowing Herman Cain to win the nomination but loses to former Governor Roy Barnes.

Selected Senate Races:

Kentucky: (Democratic Pickup)
Judd: 47.8%
McConnell: 46.9%
Massie: 4.0%

Maine: (Democratic Pickup)
Pingree: 46.0%
Collins: 44.8%
D'Amboise: 8.0%

South Carolina: (Stays Republican)
Graham: 38.0%
Ott: 37.6%
McConnell: 20.7%

Georgia: (Democratic Pickup)
Barnes: 52.8%
Cain: 45.9%

Minnesota: (Stays Democratic)
Franken: 52.7%
Bachmann: 33.5%
Barkley: 12.6%

North Carolina: (Stays Democratic)
Hagan: 50.2%
Tilis: 48.5%

New Hampshire: (Stays Democratic)
Shaheen: 50.0%
Sununu: 48.7%

The Republicans were somewhat successful in statewide elections, with Republicans picking up some gubernatorial seats including Massachusetts where Scott Brown defeated Attorney General Martha Coakley. However Democrats were successful in taking back Florida Governorship. Former Republican Governor Charlie Crist narrowly defeated incumbent Rick Scott, and in Ohio Democrats succeeded in ousting Governor John Kasich, while Republicans remained control in Wisconsin and Michigan with both Walker and Synder prevailing. In South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley received a primary challenge, but succeed in both defeating Curtis Loftis in the primary and narrolwy her Democrat opponent Shaheen in a general election rematch. The state of Texas offered one of the greatest victories for the Democrats with San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro narrowly defeating Governor Rick Perry.

Select Gubernatorial Elections:

Massachusetts: (Republican Pickup)
Brown: 50.9%
Coakley: 48.5%

South Carolina: (Stays Republican)
Haley: 49.9%
Shaheen: 48.8%

New Hampshire: (Stays Democratic)
Hassan: 51.2%
Smith: 47.4%

New Mexico: (Stays Republican)
Martinez: 55.0%
King: 44.4%

Nevada: (Stays Republican)
Sandoval: 54.6%
Buckley: 42.8%

Maine: (Democratic Pickup)
Pingree: 42.7%
LePage: 30.6%
Cutler: 25.4%

Florida: (Democratic Pickup)
Crist: 49.5%
Scott: 49.2%

Michigan: (Stays Republican)
Synder: 50.6%
Whitmer: 48.5%

Ohio: (Democratic Pickup)
Ryan: 49.8%
Kasich: 49.0%

Texas: (Democratic Pickup)
Castro: 49.6%
Perry: 49.5%

Next update The Campaign Continues...

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »

Are there two popular democratic Pingree's in Maine? because I don't see how she could win both Senate and Governor.

Otherwise, good.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »

Thanks for the update. This gives me a much better understanding of this election scene. Basically, it made your already awesome "coverage" even better.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »

Are there two popular democratic Pingree's in Maine? because I don't see how she could win both Senate and Governor.

Otherwise, good.

The winner of the Senate race is Rep. Chellie Pingree. The winner of the Gubernatorial election is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives and daughter of Rep. Pingree, Hannah Pingree.

Sorry for the confusion.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »

Otherwise, good.

The winner of the Senate race is Rep. Chellie Pingree. The winner of the Gubernatorial election is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives and daughter of Rep. Pingree, Hannah Pingree.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, sorry for my Maine politics ignorance.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »

Otherwise, good.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, sorry for my Maine politics ignorance.

No apology needed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »

I really love this thread, NHI. So much.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »

PAUL HOLDS FIRM
Senator Rand Paul continued his fight for the Republican Nomination, sticking to his guns and citing Martinez as "the establishment pick" and that he represented the voice of modern conservatism and the Republican Party.

MARTINEZ LOOKS TO NOVEMBER
Despite still facing a Republican primary challenge Governor Martinez started looking to the fall campaign, taking aim at her opponent, Hillary Clinton. "I'm running because I have ideas to lead this country, not because I think I have some apparent lock on the Presidency."

"Tonight as we await results in the Washington Caucuses the focus is moving towards the general election and we turn to Chuck Todd who is outlining the prospective electoral map at this point in time." -- Rachel Maddow

Clinton: 258
Martinez: 205
Tossup: 75

"We've got many months until the general election and looking at the map right now this is Clinton country. The traditional battleground states like Ohio and Virginia are in play, but we've also got Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky and Missouri as possibilities. With numbers like this Hillary Clinton would need to win Ohio, Florida or Virginia and she'd become President. The map is harder for Susana Martinez, not impossible, but certainly not an easy task." -- Chuck Todd

Washington Caucuses: Republican (1%)
Paul: 50.0%

"The results are just coming in and it is Senator Paul with an early lead tonight, but we are in no position to project a winner yet...So as we await the results and having looked at the electoral map where do things stand in the race, Joe?" -- Rachel Maddow

"Well it's still early. The nomination isn't done yet on the Republican side and people don't know who Susana Martinez is, when compared to Hillary Clinton. Now that is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good from the standpoint we already know who Hillary Clinton is defined. Susana Martinez can be define herself and present herself an anthesis to Clinton, however there is also a problem with being undefined. With the nomination still ongoing this allows Hillary Clinton and the Democrats to blitz the airwaves and start defining Susana Martinez." -- Joe Scarborough

"If the Clinton people are smart they'll take the Obama approach and define Martinez like the Obama people defined Romney. They can end this election before it begins." -- Chris Matthews

Washington Caucuses: Republican (17%)
Paul: 49.8%
Martinez: 49.5%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »

Washington Caucuses: Republicans (25%)
Martinez: 49.6%
Paul: 49.4%

"Governor Martinez has overtaken Senator Paul for the lead in the Washington Caucuses, but we cannot project a winner yet." -- Rachel Maddow

"So as we move onto the next phase of the campaign, and bearing in mind it is still earlier, who are we likely to see mentioned as potential running mates for both candidates?" -- Rachel Maddow

"For Hillary Clinton it will be someone younger, not that her age is a problem because this country elected Ronald Reagan twice and statistics shows women live longer than men. But it'll be someone younger and creates a balance on the ticket like a Cory Booker, or Mark Warner or Tim Kaine or even Brian Schweitzer." -- Joe Scarborough

"Deval Patrick?" -- Rachel Maddow

"Deval Patrick will be mentioned for the sake of being mentioned, but I doubt he'll be the Vice Presidential nominee." -- Joe Scarborough

"What about for Susana Martinez?" -- Rachel Maddow

"Well there's many. Certainly Marco Rubio is a choice, he was a favorite for it four years ago. He is running for reelection so that could pose a challenge, but there's also Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty, John Thune, Jon Huntsman and even Nikki Haley. While I doubt it'll happen there are some who think an all female ticket might be a great way to counteract Hillary Clinton who's going to be very formidable in November." -- Joe Scarborough

"And to update the count in Washington, Senator Paul has now retaken his lead." -- Rachel Maddow

Washington Caucuses: Republicans (29%)
Paul: 49.6%
Martinez: 49.5%

"Joe, if Senator Paul should win the Caucuses tonight, what does this do to the Republican race going forward, because certainly many in the party and certainly in the Martinez campaign are already looking towards November?" -- Rachel Maddow

"Well if Rand Paul wins tonight then he'll be in this thing for a little while longer and him staying in only hurts Susana Martinez. Now the next big contests are New York and a few southern states, she needs to crush him in those states." -- Joe Scarborough

"It seems this is what happens there is the favorite to win and then there is a challenger on the right like Santorum from '12 who brings that likely nominee further to the right." -- Chris Matthews

"However Chris eight years ago Hillary Clinton remained in the race long after it was deemed she would not win and Barack Obama still won the election over John McCain." -- Joe Scarborough

"Well Joe there is a difference between these two candidates on the Republican side and on the Democrat side in 2008." -- Chris Matthews

"I'm just saying Chris. Look eight years ago, everyone thought Hillary Clinton would not be beaten, she lost the nomination. Everyone thought John McCain would win. He lost. I still think it's an uphill battle for Governor Martinez, but this idea that many people like you are pushing that Hillary Clinton cannot be beaten is absurd. The numbers are already changing and when this campaign gets going this race will tighten up." -- Joe Scarborough

"And MSNBC is now ready to project that Senator Paul will win the Washington Caucuses." -- Rachel Maddow

Washington Caucuses: Republicans (31%)
Paul: 49.7%

THE FIGHT GOES ON
A triumphant Senator Paul addresses supporters, proclaiming that the nomination is still in play. "We're going to go on from here and we'll take this fight to the convention if we have to. The people are speaking and speaking clearly. No more favorites from the establishment. Let the real voices of the party be heard."

"As the Republican nomination looks to continue at least for the time being, what is to be made of Rand Paul and a statement like that?" -- Rachel Maddow

"Well Rand Paul, from where I see it represents the end or last stand of his father's era. He's already stated he won't run for reelection this years, so there is a concern among some that he may run as a third party candidate. If that happens then Hillary Clinton wins automatically." -- Joe Scarborough

"Would he settle to be Vice President? I mean would that get him out of the race?" -- Chris Matthews

"I don't know Chris. Certainly it would bring the Paul faction how small it maybe into the fold and keep them from staying home and not voting. I don't know though." -- Joe Scarborough

"But he's an extremist when you think about it and that'll hurt the ticket." -- Chris Matthews

"Oh come on Chris." -- Joe Scaborough

"I mean this guy is opposed to abortion in all cases, don't you think that's extreme?" -- Chris Matthews

"The same could be said of Ronald Reagan and by in large this country does not like abortion." --Joe Scarborough

"They may not like it, but they don't want it to be taken away. They want it to be rare, safe, but legal." -- Chris Matthews

Remembering November
Despite an insurgent primary challenge Governor Martinez is still focusing her sights on November.

Mini-Super Tuesday: Republicans (Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, Rhode Island, DC, New York

Rhode Island Primary: Republicans (0%)
Martinez: 59.4%
Paul: 39.6%

District of Columbia: Republicans (1%)
Martinez: 63.3%
Paul: 36.0%

New York Primary: Republicans (4%)
Martinez: 61.0%
Paul: 38.9%

Alabama Primary: Republicans (9%)
Martinez: 57.9%
Paul: 41.7%

Georgia Primary: Republicans (8%)
Martinez: 58.1%
Paul: 41.6%

Missouri Primary: Republicans (10%)
Martinez: 56.9%
Paul: 42.8%

CLEAN SWEEP
Governor Martinez sweeps the Mini-Super Tuesday contests, setting back Senator Paul who looked to continue his victories after winning the Washington Caucuses.

"How do you feel as this campaign starts to take shape and it is almost certain that Governor Martinez will be your Republican opponent, making this race between two women. So on Wednesday November 9th, the question will be not who won, but which one." -- George Stephanopoulos

"Well George I feel confident, but first I think it's extraordinary and historic that two women can be competing for the Presidency and being taken seriously as if this is how it's always been. Now I think on the issues Governor Martinez and I differ greatly and that's where the contrasts will be drawn as the campaign gets underway." -- Hillary Clinton

"Do you think you'll get there this time?" -- George Stephanopoulos

"I hope so. Obviously nothing is certain in American politics and I do have a life outside of the campaigns, but I think once the contrasts are drawn and the voters have a chance to see both Governor Martinez and myself and hear where we want to lead the country, then the choice at least I think will be very clear." -- Hillary Clinton

"Oh I don't think it'll be tough decision. Hillary's going to win. I can say that not only because I'm her husband and I know her best, but when the voters have a choice they're going to pick Hillary. Now how big a victory, I don't know, but I can comfortably say Hillary will be the next President and frankly she is the most qualified person in my lifetime to ever become President." -- Bill Clinton

Presidential Daily Tracking Poll: April 2016

Clinton: 53%
Paul: 40%
Undecided: 7%

Pres. Obama Approval Ratings:
Approve: 52%
Disapprove: 38%
No Opinion: 10%

Unemployment Rate: March 2016
6.6%
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2012, 03:39:47 PM by Spenstar3D »

So Martinez takes the lead and now she's the establishment choice? Wasn't that Jeb Bush? Aw well, it's Rand Paul, if he's anything like the Paul fanboys.... yeah.

BTW, what does "Back to the Future or Forward to the Present" mean, anyway? I mean in regards to the race, what's the significance of the title?

Edit: Your election map kinda confuses me. New Mexico voted for the Democrats since 1992, with the exception of 2004. Why would NM suddenly be firmly in Martinez' column? I know she's governor of that state, but that didn't help Al Gore or Mitt Romney. Why wouldn't it be another tossup?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »

So Martinez takes the lead and now she's the establishment choice? Wasn't that Jeb Bush? Aw well, it's Rand Paul, if he's anything like the Paul fanboys.... yeah.

BTW, what does "Back to the Future or Forward to the Present" mean, anyway? I mean in regards to the race, what's the significance of the title?

Edit: Your election map kinda confuses me. New Mexico voted for the Democrats since 1992, with the exception of 2004. Why would NM suddenly be firmly in Martinez' column? I know she's governor of that state, but that didn't help Al Gore or Mitt Romney. Why wouldn't it be another tossup?

Thanks for catching it. That should be a lean Martinez, not firm.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2012, 09:04:24 AM by NHI »

PAUL ENDS BID TO BECOME PRESIDENT
"I spoke to Governor Martinez earlier today and we talked about the direction of the party and what we must do in order to win in November. She and I differ in some areas, but are overall convictions are similar. The government is too big, and that our constitution must be defended from the attacks it receives constantly on the left...therefore I am suspending my campaign for President and endorsing Governor Martinez for President of the United States."

"And that was Rand Paul exiting from the Republican race, quite shock as most believed he was going to continue on. Now with him out of the race that means that Susana Martinez, the Governor of New Mexico will be the Republican nominee for President." -- Rachel Maddow

MARTINEZ TAKES ON CLINTON
"I respect Hillary Clinton as a woman and a leader. She has served this country well and with dignity and honor, but when it comes to governing our nation Mrs. Clinton and I are so different. She believes in a government that taxes more and spends more. I believe in a government that taxes less and is efficient. While the attacks on me will be that I'm out to destroy government those attacks are false. I am here to make it work in our lives...In New Mexico we balanced our state budget and there is no reason the government shouldn't take that approach too. There is no reason why Washington can follow the same approach!"

CLINTON HITS THE TRAIL
"...Susana Martinez talks a great game but look at her statements and record. She's running as a woman but she is opposed to abortion in all cases. She claims she supports a limited government in our lives, but wants to dictate what women do with their bodies."

FURY ON THE RIGHT
"...and it begins. Madame Hillary and the Democrats are already taking out the playbook and beginning the war on women nonsense again. Folks this is how our lord and savior Barack Obama was reelected in 2012. We can't let it happen again, because what we have in Mrs. Clinton is a statist in every sense of the word. This woman wants you to march in single file like the infamous 1984 commercial."

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: April

VEEP SPECULATION

The Democratic Convention is still months away speculation begins over the potential nominees for Vice President. According to our sources we are told that Mrs. Clinton has formed a list of potential candidates. Of the candidates being considered, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Governor Martin O'Malley, Governor Maggie Hassan, Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, Governor Brian Schweitzer and Governor Julian Castro. " -- Rachel Maddow

Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

Wait, when did Patrick quit? Is he still around? Hmm...

(C'mon Hillary, pick Al Franken as your running mate! Or Charlie Crist! Imagine what they can do for your campaign)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: CLINTON AND PROSPECTIVE VP CANDIDATES MEET IN NY

"No word on the names of the two candidates believed to be the finalist, but MSNBC is now learning that Hillary Clinton met with both prospective VP choices at her home in New York and presumably will make her announcement in the coming days or weeks. We now turn to Chuck Todd for more analysis on this breaking news report, Chuck?" -- Rachel

"Good evening Rachel. We don't know exactly who was on the shortlist for Hillary Clinton, but sources close to the Clinton campaign tell us that one of the prospective choices is Virginia Senator Tim Kaine. One person who we've been told will not on the shortlist is Texas Governor Julian Castro. Perhaps denial, but the Governor tells MSNBC quote, "I support whoever Hillary Clinton nominates, but I will not be the candidate. To simply put it, I am not ready." So with Julian Castro taking himself out of the race all eyes focus on Senator Tim Kaine and list of others that includes Governor Brian Schweitzer, Senator Mark Warner, Governor Maggie Hassan and Senator Elizabeth Warren to name a few." -- Chuck Todd

"Chuck any idea when we might get an announcement of who the VP pick will be?" -- Rachel Maddow

"Sources close to the Clinton campaign tell us that it could be very soon. It does appear that she met with Senator Kaine and one other person and has made her decision. It's now wait and see." -- Chuck Todd

Daily Tracking Poll: May 2016
Clinton: 49%
Undecided: 10%
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »

Hmm... this could be very interesting. I wonder how her choice would affect the campaign moving forward. I know some VP picks (Palin, Ryan) have been a bigger deal than others (Biden) so this could be very interesting to see. Also makes me wonder who Martinez might pick...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:40 AM »

"As Democrats eagerly await Hillary Clinton's choice for Vice President, speculation is also growing on the Republican side and apparently Governor Martinez has narrowed her shortlist. There are some in the Republican Party calling for Senator Rand Paul to be on the ticket, while others are angling for Senator Marco Rubio."-- Rachel Maddow

Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »

Did I see Boehner?!? That would be disasterois for Martinez... But very interesting to see unfold
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »

Did I see Boehner?!? That would be disasterois for Martinez... But very interesting to see unfold

Maybe you mistook Sandoval for Boehner? They both have chubby faces and similar head shape
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

Maybe you mistook Sandoval for Boehner? They both have chubby faces and similar head shape
Yep, it's Sandoval.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2012, 07:12:17 PM by NHI »

BREAKING NEWS: HILLARY CLINTON SET TO ANNOUNCE VP PICK IN FLORIDA

"Former President Bill Clinton has just taken the stage and presumably will introduce his wife who will introduce the person she has selected to be Democratic Vice Presidential nominee. The choice consist between Senator Tim Kaine and another candidate. Though in an interview last night Tim Kaine dismissed any speculation that he would be the Democratic nominee for Vice President." -- Rachel Maddow

"...Hillary is without question the most qualified candidate to be President in modern history. Our economy is recovering and growing stronger each day, but the next President will still face a desk load of decisions to make, and I know there is one person who I would want sitting behind that desk. It's not because I know her best, but because in all my life of voting in Presidential election, Hillary is more ready to be President on day one than any non-incumbent I've seen in my lifetime..." -- Pres. Bill Clinton

BREAKING NEWS: HILLARY CLINTON TAKES THE STAGE, SET TO ANNOUNCE VP PICK

"...her husband has just concluded and Mrs. Clinton is entering to make her opening remarks before introducing her choice for Vice President. At this point we have no idea, and this is a first. Generally there is a hunch in recent years as to who the candidate will be, or the candidate is announced shortly before the speech. Today the Clinton campaign is keeping the choice very close to the chest and has let nothing get out, so we will find out as everyone else finds out." -- Rachel Maddow

"...In searching for a running mate I wanted to find a leader and one who understood the challenges facing America today, but also shared a constructive, positive vision for America. The man I have selected is one who is ready to see America progress forward into a bright and prosperous future and is capable of assuming the presidency. I am honored to have him on the ticket and to you Florida and to the rest of America I introduce the next Vice President of the United States..."-- Hillary Clinton
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2012, 06:27:29 PM by Spenstar3D »

Yep, it's Sandoval.
Shows what I know. Boehner would have been... weird.

"Governor Bill Clinton" do you mean "Former President Clinton" or...

edit: Florida? Does that mean Charlie Crist??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies