Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: ....
I have confidence in Inks

I do not have confidence in Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks  (Read 11994 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »

lol, I explained directly above.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »

Um, do you realize you just equated "being Phil" as an insult?

Uh...when Inks uses it that way, yeah. Listen, I know you're older and things go over your head a lot easier...

And it's not a personal insult?

OK, but when some internet forum became so important for you that's not good. And it shouldn't be encouraged.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:39 PM »

OK, but when some internet forum became so important for you that's not good. And it shouldn't be encouraged.

there are better things and there are worse things.  I see nothing in the Terms of Service requiring members not to prioritize uselectionatlas.org too highly in their lives.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »

there are better things and there are worse things.  I see nothing in the Terms of Service requiring members not to prioritize uselectionatlas.org too highly in their lives.

I don't reacll jmfcst being banned for prioritizing uselectionatlas.org too highly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »

Phil is reacting hysterically to the slightest criticism of his conduct. On the other hand, he's constantly insulting those he dislike or those who dared to disagree with him.

Oh, I always love this myth. "Phil hates people that disagree with him!" Nevermind the fact that some of my best pals here and supporters of this movement are hardcore leftists. Don't let that interfere with your talking points.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »

Of course it is, but you must admit antipathy to moderation of any kind makes your criticism of Inks decidedly less credible. It's like listening to an anarchist complain about their state's current governor--wholly expected, but proving little.

you're forgetting something very important -- this world looks very different to the non-Moderator than it does to the Moderator.  from your pedestal Inks' "goofs" and blunders are just that.. but down here, where we bear the brunt, where we are the whipping boys who get punished for such goofs, the reality is much different.

consider this -- the Mods collectively have in their hands my account, my membership on this website that I've been much more than an auxiliary character since I was twelve years old.  Inks' "goofs" earn him some crossfire, but my "goofs" and the goofs of the rest of the non-Moderator crown threaten our very membership on this website.  

nobody is sacred to you guys: see jmfcst, who spent TEN YEARS here and did more for this site than anyone on the Mod team (save perhaps Al) ever has, gets whisked away.  it's something very important to him on a personal level, otherwise he wouldn't repeatedly break back in.

To be fair, even jmfcst, at the time of his ban, said it was time for him to move on.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »

Phil is reacting hysterically to the slightest criticism of his conduct. On the other hand, he's constantly insulting those he dislike or those who dared to disagree with him.

Oh, I always love this myth. "Phil hates people that disagree with him!" Nevermind the fact that some of my best pals here and supporters of this movement are hardcore leftists. Don't let that interfere with your talking points.

Getting rid of Inks as a mod is a just cause, even if Phil is being stupid.

Yes, BRTD wouldn't join the movement if it weren't for you, Phil. We all know the world is resolving around you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2012, 08:19:35 PM by Badger »

And stay classy, Phil.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »

Phil, Inks, it's really time to drop this. Hold your own views to yourselves, neither of you will convince the other of their arguments.

I'll also hold my own view to myself, because it won't make anything better, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »

Listen, guys...as I was waiting for the train today, a woman a few feet away from me fell onto the tracks as as a train was slowly approaching. Thankfully, the train stopped just before hitting her. It was very scary. It made me realize there are things a lot worse in life than Inks' moderating habits. It's a close second to being run over by a train but not quite as bad.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »

Well, I guess comparing someone nearly being killed as "not quite as bad" as someone's conduct on an internet political nerd site is....."perspective", I guess.

I suppose. Sort of. Let's call it a good start!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »

Coming from you it's a true compliment Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2012, 07:34:54 AM by opebo »

I'd like to thank Badger for his response to my query, and offer, with respect, an alternative view:

He goofed, it was minor, it was corrected, he apologized. End of story.

Or at least it should've been.

No, no you misunderstand the Arab Spring.  We aren't just upset because Inks immolated our apple cart.  Why don't you fellows honestly trace the source of the anger against Inks?  It is obviously the tip of the iceberg.

The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth really has little to nothing to do with overall mod policies, and much more with settling personal scores or trying to establish "a win" in internet land.

Not at all!  We all enjoy discourse and debate - with equals.  What is being engaged in here is a popular protest against authority.  We cannot 'win' against you all.  This is a generalized emotional reaction to a regime, nothing similar to a personal dispute about it at all.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »

Speaking as a mod who rarely infracts (NYJew's recent tirades being an exception), I support Inks.

Why? 

A fair question.

While I consider myself and Inks to be at opposite ends of the spectrum for moding styles, (and Lord knows he, like most mods people could learn from my ways), he's contentious and tries to do what's right. Yes, he slips, but he has probably the hardest and frequently most infraction-prone board on the Forum; the one most likely to veer off into personal acrimony. A hard job.

The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth really has little to nothing to do with overall mod policies, and much more with settling personal scores or trying to establish "a win" in internet land.

Overall, yeah, Inks could loosen up a little in his moding, but he hardly deserves fired.

That, and the opposition here has largely degenerated into such a whiny, neurotic display of d*#k-swinging that Inks, by comparison, isn't merely worthy of support, but mother-freaking beatification.

The problem is that firing Inks has become the only way to really put an end to his modding, since we all know how useful the appeal system is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »

Speaking as a mod who rarely infracts (NYJew's recent tirades being an exception), I support Inks.

Why? 

A fair question.

While I consider myself and Inks to be at opposite ends of the spectrum for moding styles, (and Lord knows he, like most mods people could learn from my ways), he's contentious and tries to do what's right. Yes, he slips, but he has probably the hardest and frequently most infraction-prone board on the Forum; the one most likely to veer off into personal acrimony. A hard job.

Overall, yeah, Inks could loosen up a little in his moding, but he hardly deserves fired.

That, and the opposition here has largely degenerated into such a whiny, neurotic display of d*#k-swinging that Inks, by comparison, isn't merely worthy of support, but mother-freaking beatification.

The problem is that firing Inks has become the only way to really put an end to his modding, since we all know how useful the appeal system is.

Shortly after the start of this scandal, a poster PMed me appealing a decision I made.  I removed the poster's infraction points. (This was before my recusal period.)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »

I'd like to thank Badger for his response to my query, and offer, with respect, an alternative view:

No, no you misunderstand the Arab Spring.  We aren't just upset because Inks immolated our apple cart.  Why don't you fellows honestly trace the source of the anger against Inks?  It is obviously the tip of the iceberg.

Not at all!  We all enjoy discourse and debate - with equals.  What is being engaged in here is a popular protest against authority.  We cannot 'win' against you all.  This is a generalized emotional reaction to a regime, nothing similar to a personal dispute about it at all.

Yes, yes, yes, I get it. You all so desperately want to be Neda fighting the great fasict overlords over the terribly terribly overreaching mod regime, etc, etc.

Combining the professional antimod wwhiners and Phil grinding yet another personal ax, this has created a WHOLE of smoke, but no light.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2012, 03:41:34 PM »

The Institute being locked is clearly not a "personal ax" grinding session, Badger. That should be obvious by now. But you'll ignore that because of the personal ax you have to grind with me. And don't call it "antimod whining" either. If it was just that, Inks wouldn't have admitted that he was wrong and unlocked the thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »

If it wasn't anti-mod whining, the other usual suspects wouldn't have filled pages over mutilple threads on the subject after Inks apologized and unlocked it.

As for your motivations, I wouldn't dare try diagnosing whatever motivates you to act out the way you do.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »

Yes, yes, yes, I get it. You all so desperately want to be Neda fighting the great fasict overlords over the terribly terribly overreaching mod regime, etc, etc.

Not really.  It is just my dream to go back to 2006 or 7 when I could call people 'simpletons' and nothing happened.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »

Axe
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »

Al, I like your sig.  Blake is pretty amazing.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2012, 10:10:06 PM »

Damn, this is close. I'm mixed myself.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »

Inks locked the Institute but, after receiving a feedback, he unlocked it. He was under no obligations to follow the popular opinion, but he did.

So, I don't really get this whole "Inks is an authoritarian mod" thing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

I have confidence in Inks.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »

Not really.  It is just my dream to go back to 2006 or 7 when I could call people 'simpletons' and nothing happened.

That's a good point. May I say I would probably not infract that. Or at most remove the term without points. I'm pretty lassiz-faire on my board.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies