Are people who care about the Palestinian people's plight anti-semitic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:38:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are people who care about the Palestinian people's plight anti-semitic?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Same as topic heading
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Are people who care about the Palestinian people's plight anti-semitic?  (Read 1887 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »

You said that left antisemitism is hidden behind a facade of "caring" when in reality most of those people care equally for the Israelis AND the Palestinians.
People on the left that are also antisemitic care about Israelis?  That seems odd.  Unless you are assuming everybody on the left is antisemitic, but that would be even more odd.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I can see that.
Agreed.  Though there is a greater than 0 chance that they will give it to one of the terrorists groups they run.  If in 5 years there is a good size divot in the middle of Tel Aviv those that are against Iran getting the bomb can say "whoops, I was wrong".  The thousands of dead won't be able to say anything.  I can certainly understand their concern.
cite?
Well that whole "liberal democracy" thing helps.  And at the time we "let" them, it seemed like a really good way to at least temporarily guarantee their continued existence.  Since then they've proven that they will take care of them well.  And I have always been under the impression that most people on the left (antisemitic or not) were against more nukes, much less more countries getting nukes.  And even crazier, the new country that you are supporting getting nukes would be amongst the 3 countries most likely to use them unprovoked or let them slip (or "slip") into groups that would use them if given the chance.  Are we going to be cool with S.Arabia getting the bomb?  What about Egypt?  If there is a line in the sand, I would hope it would be right in front of Iran, but I suppose I'm wrong.

Look, there might be some real left anti-semites but you are way overestimating it. When I say "most of those people", I mean those who you and other wrongly see as anti-semites.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 04:34:32 AM »

I don't recall estimating how many of the left were antisemitic.  Other than Cory, I don't know of any posters here currently who are certainly antisemitic.  There are a few more that are more than likely that way.

wait..did you say "might", that's pretty funny.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 04:50:23 AM »

No yes votes?  Come on, crazies.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 05:01:10 AM »

Perhaps the people on this side aren't as crazy as you assume?  I'd bet a good amount of coin on the results being very different if the question were reversed.  There'd be plenty of crazies voting yes then.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 02:12:16 PM »

Perhaps the people on this side aren't as crazy as you assume?

What side?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »

"Are people who support the Palestinian people's plight anti-Palestinian?"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length