Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:01:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13382 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2012, 06:50:33 PM by Unironic Huntsman Supporter »

Really?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »

When did the ghetto become equivalent to San Franscisco, Los Angeles, and New York? Those cities have nice qualities.

Seriously, trying to make the differences between heterosexuals/heterosexuality and homosexuals/homosexuality into something akin to racial differences is never going to work. It's just not. If you don't believe me, go ask the vast majority of African-American Democrats.

You mean the ones who think homosexuality is a choice?

No, I mean the ones who do not care whether or not it is a choice, but see it as undesirable trait in their offspring by virtue of its incompatibility with the survival of their offspring. After all, when you get right down to it most heterosexuals have one basic desire: survival. This includes, of course, survival of their offspring. Biologically, they are never going to really accept something that threatens the survival of their offspring whether it be in the near or distant future.

So... homosexuality is bad for the survival of children... how, exactly?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »

Politico

Romney called. He has revoked your supporter card. He says you are better off with Santorum
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2012, 06:52:52 PM by Politico »

so when people realize (choose in GOP world) that they are gay in their teens, should they then be carted off to the Castro District of SF and given a one month pass the a bath house? Or should they be allowed to finish high school locally?

And will the federal guvment be paying for moving all the gays to their appropriate designated zones (I assume you will call them Pink Empowerment Zones or something like that)

I know you are being facetious, but unlike liberals I do not think the government is a solution to much of anything. There is certainly nothing whatsoever the government should be doing with homosexuals or homosexuality.

I believe homosexuality should be readily accepted. But I also realize that it never will be. Saying that makes me on par with Santorum is silly.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 06:49:57 PM »

When did the ghetto become equivalent to San Franscisco, Los Angeles, and New York? Those cities have nice qualities.

Seriously, trying to make the differences between heterosexuals/heterosexuality and homosexuals/homosexuality into something akin to racial differences is never going to work. It's just not. If you don't believe me, go ask the vast majority of African-American Democrats.

No, I mean the ones who do not care whether or not it is a choice, but see it as undesirable trait in their offspring by virtue of its incompatibility with the survival of their offspring. After all, when you get right down to it most heterosexuals have one basic desire: survival. This includes, of course, survival of their offspring. Biologically, they are never going to really accept something that threatens the survival of their offspring whether it be in the near or distant future.

Because children need to learn how to ostracise and bully weaker and different children to survive!!! It's about SURVIVAL PEOPLE!!!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 06:50:45 PM »

You do realize how humans are bred, right? And, from a biological perspective, our bodies and their instincts are still in the stone age...
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »

Because children need to learn how to ostracise and bully weaker and different children to survive!!! It's about SURVIVAL PEOPLE!!!

Yes, forget all about progress and understanding.  We're all just animals hurr durr durr.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »

You do realize how children are bred, right?

So f-cking what?  Children should be ostracized by their parents and society because they're not going to reproduce?

If we're going to be so retarded as a civilization, we might as well just all go extinct.  There's no point if we're just going to be animals who wear clothes and pretend to be civilized.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 06:53:21 PM »

You do realize how humans are bred, right? And, from a biological perspective, our bodies and their instincts are still in the stone age...

Yes.  I just fail to see how gay people getting married does any harm to the human race, especially given the incredibly high (and growing) world population.

Single people can't reproduce, either.  Should their rights be sacrificed, as well?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »

Getting back to the original point, I am saying this: Santorum speaks openly what most heterosexuals are thinking privately. I do not fall into that category. But I am not naive either and I am sorry if that makes some of you uncomfortable.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »

I assume that Politico is an evolutionary biologist, a psychologist and a parent?

Getting back to the original point, I am saying this: Santorum speaks openly what most heterosexuals are thinking privately. I do not fall into that category. But I am not naive either and I am sorry if that makes some of you uncomfortable.

What com-plete and utter twaddle.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »

Santorum is an asshole. What else is new?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »

You are one of the most despicable people on this site.
HST1948

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »

I know very few heterosexuals who have views anything like those of Santorum, and if anything his views make them more uncomfortable than homosexuality itself.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »

Clearly Santorum's a good guy:

He's the closest thing to a communitarian running.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »

You do realize how children are bred, right?

So f-cking what?  Children should be ostracized by their parents and society because they're not going to reproduce?

If we're going to be so retarded as a civilization, we might as well just all go extinct.  There's no point if we're just going to be animals who wear clothes and pretend to be civilized.

Biologically, there is no point to life except surviving and reproducing. We are really just animals who happen to have the gift (or curse, if you want to depress yourself) of thought.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »

Gay marriage is, accept it or not, gaining more support by the year according to the polls.  And you certainly don't speak for "most heterosexuals", so that is a baseless statement.

But if most heterosexuals truly believe that you'd be better off with having a dad in jail than having same-sex parents, then maybe this country hasn't advanced much at all.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »

And I just want to bang my head against a wall every time someone talks about "instincts" and biological determinism.  Humans have this thing called a frontal lobe, people.  We might as well lobotomize ourselves if we're going to concern ourselves only with the survival of the species and all that jazz.

Unless we really change our tune in the next thousand years, I really hope an alien race wipes us out before we truly become a blight upon the galaxy.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »

I am sorry for rocking the boat. Let's go back to regular tuned programming where we do not try to figure out why there is animosity towards homosexuality among heterosexuals. We can also be so naive as to think homosexuality will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is. This will make us all feel better, and feeling good about ourselves is all that matters.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

I am sorry for rocking some folks' world. Let's go back to regular tuned programming where we do not try to figure out why there is animosity towards homosexuality among heterosexuals. We can also be so naive as to think homosexuality will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is. This will make us all feel better, and feeling good about ourselves is all that matters.

It's simple: because some people are stupid and fear things that are different.  You're not being helpful by validating such idiocy.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »

I am sorry for rocking the boat. Let's go back to regular tuned programming where we do not try to figure out why there is animosity towards homosexuality among heterosexuals. We can also be so naive as to think homosexuality will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is. This will make us all feel better, and feeling good about ourselves is all that matters.

Okay.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »

I know very few heterosexuals who have views anything like those of Santorum, and if anything his views make them more uncomfortable than homosexuality itself.

I know very few heterosexuals who are truly comfortable with homosexuality. Perhaps it is a stretch to say that Santorum speaks openly what most heterosexuals are thinking privately. It certainly upsets me to think that, but I do get the sense that it is true to a large extent. There is a reason why there is so much animosity towards homosexuals.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

I know very few whites who are truly comfortable with black people. Perhaps it is a stretch to say that Wallace speaks openly what most whites are thinking privately. It certainly upsets me to think that, but I do get the sense that it is true to a large extent. There is a reason why there is so much animosity towards blacks.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »

Clearly Santorum's a good guy:

He's the closest thing to a communitarian running.

I'm a communitarian, and I don't support Santorum.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »

I am sorry for rocking some folks' world. Let's go back to regular tuned programming where we do not try to figure out why there is animosity towards homosexuality among heterosexuals. We can also be so naive as to think homosexuality will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is. This will make us all feel better, and feeling good about ourselves is all that matters.

It's simple: because some people are stupid and fear things that are different.  You're not being helpful by validating such idiocy.

I wish I could agree, but unfortunately I really don't think it's that simple in this case otherwise African-American Democrats, for example, would be much more open to seeing it the way that you see it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies