Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:33:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13220 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2012, 05:08:26 PM »

Today at the MTP debate Rick Santorum talked about how gay people should be treated with respect. Here is how he respects them (via LA Times):
You must be logged in to read this quote.

...way to respect those gay parents Rick.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

It must be tough for kids with gay parents, they are probably subject to as much bullying as gay kids themselves. I certainly would rather kids have parents rather than be orphans, and I understand the whole single parent argument, but if there are options, kids should go to opposite sex couples. They should not be deprived of a mother or father if they have the chance to have both.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »

It must be tough for kids with gay parents, they are probably subject to as much bullying as gay kids themselves. I certainly would rather kids have parents rather than be orphans, and I understand the whole single parent argument, but if there are options, kids should go to opposite sex couples. They should not be deprived of a mother or father if they have the chance to have both.

The whole bullying angle is the biggest load of turd ever.  Kids get bullied for everything.  And we learn to recognize that the bullies are tards and that we're fine the way we are.

Hurr durr
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »

Will homosexuals and heterosexuals at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when open homosexuals stuck to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York?

No.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »

Will homosexuals and heterosexuals at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when open homosexuals stuck to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York?

Fair or not, and I certainly have no problem with homosexuals or homosexuality unlike most folks I know, homosexuals will never be embraced by society at large to the degree they fantasize about. Unfortunately, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are heavily concentrated. The best they could have ever hoped for was having their own mecca in San Francisco. AIDS kind of prevented that, I guess.

....wow
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2012, 06:27:30 PM by Politico »

Fair or not, and I certainly have no problem with homosexuals or homosexuality unlike most folks I know, homosexuals will never be embraced by society at large to the degree they fantasize about. Unfortunately, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are heavily concentrated. The best they could have ever hoped for was having their own mecca in San Francisco. AIDS kind of prevented that, I guess.

....wow

I don't like the way the world is, but I did not make it and I am certainly not so naive as to think homosexuals will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is, for example. I strongly disagree with Santorum on anything related to homosexuals/homosexuality, but on that front, and it saddens me to say this, Santorum simply continues to speak openly the way that most heterosexuals think privately. Somebody ought to say it, so there.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »

....wow

I don't like the way the world is, but I did not make it and I am certainly not so naive as to think homosexuals will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is, for example. I strongly disagree with Santorum on anything related to homosexuals/homosexuality, but on that front, and it saddens me to say this, Santorum simply continues to speak openly the way that most heterosexuals think privately. Somebody ought to say it, so there.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »

Will blacks and whites at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when negroes stuck to the ghetto?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »

Will blacks and whites at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when negroes stuck to the ghetto?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »

Seriously.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »

You are disguisting.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 06:32:05 PM »

Now this can't be true. Phil has assured me that Santorum isn't bigoted and that only some interest group could lead one to that conclusion.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

So you would support rounding up all the gays and sending them to SF, LA and NYC? Maybe in nice little camps?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »

When did the ghetto become equivalent to San Franscisco, Los Angeles, and New York? Those cities have nice qualities.

Seriously, trying to make the differences between heterosexuals/heterosexuality and homosexuals/homosexuality into something akin to racial differences is never going to work. It's just not. If you don't believe me, go ask the vast majority of African-American Democrats.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »

So you would support rounding up all the gays and sending them to SF, LA and NYC? Maybe in nice little camps?

No, I would prefer homosexuals being openly accepted in society at large, but that is never going to happen. The most realistic alternative is a return to the way things were in the late 1970s (i.e., open homosexuals prosper in San Fransisco, New York and Los Angeles). Relations between homosexuals and heterosexuals were probably at an all-time high in that era, before the onset of AIDS.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »

When did the ghetto become equivalent to San Franscisco, Los Angeles, and New York? Those cities have nice qualities.

Seriously, trying to make the differences between heterosexuals/heterosexuality and homosexuals/homosexuality into something akin to racial differences is never going to work. It's just not. If you don't believe me, go ask the vast majority of African-American Democrats.

You mean the ones who think homosexuality is a choice?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »

People it's all an act...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »

I don't like segregation, but it's the best thing for society because everyone's better off.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »

No, I mean the ones who do not care whether or not it is a choice, but see it as undesirable trait in their offspring by virtue of its incompatibility with the survival of their offspring. After all, when you get right down to it most heterosexuals have one basic desire: survival. This includes, of course, survival of their offspring. Biologically, they are never going to really accept something that threatens the survival of their offspring whether it be in the near or distant future.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »

I don't like the Jewish ghettos, but it's the best thing for society because everyone's better off.

I don't like Apartheid, but it's the best thing for society because everyone's better off.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »

No, I mean the ones who do not care whether or not it is a choice, but see it as undesirable trait in their offspring by virtue of its incompatibility with the survival of their offspring. After all, when you get right down to it most heterosexuals have one basic desire: survival. This includes, of course, survival of their offspring. Biologically, they are never going to really accept something that threatens the survival of their offspring whether it be in the near or distant future.

And that's not a futarded way to think at all.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »

I truly hope this is an act...
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »

so when people realize (choose in GOP world) that they are gay in their teens, should they then be carted off to the Castro District of SF and given a one month pass the a bath house? Or should they be allowed to finish high school locally?

And will the federal guvment be paying for moving all the gays to their appropriate designated zones (I assume you will call them Pink Empowerment Zones or something like that)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 06:46:46 PM »

I'm tired of Santorum. And some of the posters on this site.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »

And that's not a futarded way to think at all.

Why do you suppose there is so much animosity towards homosexuals then? Do you really think many people have a problem with what people do quietly in the privacy of their own home? It's far more than that at its core.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies