20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:55:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: 20RP12 For Senate?
Yes Cheesy

No Sad

Maybe Squinting

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: 20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement  (Read 17470 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »

It struck me as rather amusing that you went from depression to prostitution Tongue

He was speaking with Nebraskans bro.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

It struck me as rather amusing that you went from depression to prostitution Tongue

Now it all makes sense Wink
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »

No it's not. The first time you have suicidal thoughts is never your last. Ever. The state can tell you that the pills will make you happy, but they don't. You may fool yourself into being happy, but you're not. You're just living a lie because you know that if you're not smiling and laughing, you'd be crying. It's all a lie.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2011, 10:00:20 PM »

Now it all makes sense Wink

I love you guys so much.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »

No it's not. The first time you have suicidal thoughts is never your last. Ever. The state can tell you that the pills will make you happy, but they don't. You may fool yourself into being happy, but you're not. You're just living a lie because you know that if you're not smiling and laughing, you'd be crying. It's all a lie.

Hmm well feel free to PM me. I would say that pills are the opposite of what I had in mind for a cure.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »

The theme song of the campaign is hereby "Famous Last Words" by My Chemical Romance.

Cheers.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, 06:44:28 PM »

Denver, CO

Audience member: With Jbrase choosing not to run for re-election, do you feel your chances have improved?

20RP12: I'm actually quite sad to see Jbrase go. He's a great guy with great views and values. I can only dream of taking his place in the Senate, it'd be a dream. As for chances, well...I honestly cannot and will not predict my chances. I just can't.

Audience member: Are corporations "people"?

20RP12: Corporations are corporations. Each business must pay taxes, so corporations should as well. Period. No Government handouts, no special breaks, no nothing. However, I don't support heavy (or really, any) regulations on corporations. Some regulations are necessary and crucial, but we are far too regulatory of corporations.

Audience member: What corporate regulations are "necessary"?

20RP12: Worker safety regulations, some environmental regulations, etc.

Audience member: Does life begin at conception?

20RP12: No. At the point of conception, what becomes a fetus is just a blob of cells. Literally. At the point of conception, it is nothing more than a sperm being newly fertilized into the woman's egg. Calling that a "life" is a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

Thank you all for coming out! Drive home safely! Spread the message!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »

Sorry man, my support has gone to TJ. You will most likely be second-preferenced.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »

Sorry man, my support has gone to TJ. You will most likely be second-preferenced.

Any preference is appreciated Cheesy Thank you very much Cheesy
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

Boise, ID

Audience member: After Junkie and TJ's entering into the race coupled with Duke's recent retirement announcement, what do you think your odds are now?

20RP12: Well, first off, I'm very upset to see Duke go. He's a model leader and will definitely be remembered for a very long time as a great guy and a hard worker. Look, Junkie and TJ are both great guys and I would feel no animosity if I lost to either of them. They'd both make great Senators. They really deserve it more than me.

Audience member: In your opinion, is drug use immoral?

20RP12: In a general sense, no. I do not believe that one's right to put into their body what they choose is "immoral", but morality is an individual thing. To each his own. Some may view drug use as immoral, I don't. It's a matter of personal liberty.

Audience member: Should the Government control Education?

20RP12: No. Education is a private matter that should be dealt with by each and every individual school. Each district should create their own curriculum for the students to learn. Government involvement creates a potential for bias on some issues and blinding our children from the facts simply because the Government does not think it's "right" is morally unjust.

Audience member: Do you think guns should be banned? Why or why not?

20RP12: No. It's one's right to own a gun. Should their be restrictions and regulations in some areas? Of course. Background checks are very necessary to make sure we're not putting weapons in the hands of criminals. I believe that guns don't kill people, that people kill people and instead of blaming the guns, we should focus on finding out why violent crime occurs and how we can reduce it as much as possible.

Thank you all very much for coming out! Drive home safe! Spread the message!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »

Friends,

I have introduced a piece of legislation in the Northeast Assembly that will reduce and simplify taxes within the Northeast Region. Modeled after the Tax Initiative act of March 2005, this act puts The People in front of profit and shows that I am the right candidate for Senate. If you'd like a Senator that legislates for The People and by The People, please consider voting for 20RP12 for Senate. Thank you so much for your time.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »

Second pref. behind Junkie, Cheesy
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »

Sweet! Cheesy Thanks so much! Cheesy
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 05:37:27 PM »

Seattle, WA

Audience member: Do you think you can win the hearts of the both the left and right wingers who remain undecided about you and your bid for Senate?

20RP12: I hope I can! Personally, I let my record of bi-partisanship, active leadership and results speak for itself. I've campaigned around this great nation, meeting average folks like you all, both left and right wingers, because I want people to know who I am. People back home know who I am and that's great, but I think people in Washington and California and Texas and Ohio need to know who I am. I'm about results and my record shows that.

Audience member: You've claimed to be an Atheist, yet you often say "God bless" after some of your speeches and web updates...why?

20RP12: Because a majority of people in this country are religious and I believe that, regardless of my beliefs, addressing people in a way that makes me seem respectful of their beliefs is best. I'm not a militant Atheist, I frankly don't care what your beliefs are. If you're a Christian, great. If you're an Atheist, great. But I'm a politician working for The People and a majority of The People are religious.

Audience member: Is separation of church and state crucial for a country to function correctly?

20RP12: Yes. As I previously said, I respect all beliefs, but not everybody practices the same religion and to preference one religion, or any religion at all, over another in terms of politics and Government is just immoral.

Audience member: Do you align more with the Far Right or the Far Left?

20RP12: Uhh...neither? -chuckles- I'm not "far" on any side. I'm right down center when it comes to my views. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. I put The People before politics, however. The views of The People influence my views in a significant way, which is why I should be one of your At-Large Senators. I'm a legislator for The People and by The People, my record will show that.

Thank you all for coming out! Drive home safely! Spread the message!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2011, 08:53:34 PM »

Would anyone be interested in hosting a debate between all the At-Large Senate candidates?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »

20RP12's December 2011 Endorsements:

For At-Large Senate (excluding myself):

1. Junkie
2. TJ In Cleve
3. Kalwejt
4. Nathan

For Northeast Assembly:

1. Cincinnatus
2. Scott
3. Wormyguy
4. Simfan34

Best of luck to all of the above candidates in their races Smiley

x 20RP12
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »

Sacramento, CA

Audience member: Do you believe in the theory of Evolution?

20RP12: It should not be labeled a "theory" because it is scientific fact. It has been proven that people evolved from animals and that animals are continuing to evolve. Slowly, but they are. It's not a "theory," it's a fact.

Audience member: Are you a Global Warming skeptic?

20RP12: Not at all. I believe climate change is a problem facing our planet, however it is completely explainable by global weather patterns. We should keep an eye on it, but we really can't spend money and make it stop. It won't.

Audience member: Should members of the military be allowed to serve openly if they are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender?

20RP12: Of course! The idea of preventing someone from being comfortable in their own skin is repulsive and I would vehemently oppose any act proposed in the Senate banning members of our military from serving openly.

Audience member: Would you compromise on a tax increase?

20RP12: It really depends. Maybe. It depends if there's spending cuts involved. If so, then possibly. I'd need to go over it with my constituents and see if they support it. I assure you I will hold town halls just like this to take questions, proposals and complaints. I will be The People's Senator.

Thank you all very much for coming out! Drive home safely! Spread the message!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »

Audience member: Do you believe in the theory of Evolution?

20RP12: It should not be labeled a "theory" because it is scientific fact. It has been proven that people evolved from animals and that animals are continuing to evolve. Slowly, but they are. It's not a "theory," it's a fact.

How can we call evolution a “fact” rather than a “theory” when it is based on experimentally verified hypothesis that have been tested and not proven wrong? It would be completely inconsistent to call it that when so many other pieces of our scientific knowledge, which have been experimentally verified, such as Perturbation Theory, the Theory of Relativity, Quantum Theory, Cell Theory, etc, are “theories” rather than “facts”. That isn’t to say evolution did not happen. I just would a like a clarification of these differences in terminology because a non-standard usage of definitions needs to be explained.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:17 PM »

I think he's saying that evolution, while nominally a theory, is as close to fact as you can reasonably get on the topic.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2011, 11:34:56 PM »

A theory and a fact are entirely different things.

A theory is a falsificationable hypothesis supported by evidence that has been tested and has not been disproven. A fact is a single objective verifiable observation. A theory takes facts and fits them into a framework that can be used to explain how those facts are reconciled and often predict future results. It doesn’t make any sense to say evolution is a “fact”. This has nothing to do with people wanting to project some kind on uncertainty on to evidence for evolution; a fact and a theory are simply not the same thing.

I apologize if this is getting a little off track, but I can’t let something that wrong slide!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »

Well, first, I'd like to address my usage of the word "fact", which I believe may have been misinterpreted. Perhaps I used the improper word, because I meant that I believe it to be fact. I believe that humans exist because of their evolution from animals and that animals are continually evolving before our eyes and therefore, I do not refer to it as a "theory." However, it is still labeled a "theory" and I accept that, but I just choose not to refer to it as such because my opinions differ. I am not calling evolution a scientific fact, as it has not been fully "proven," but I call it a historical "fact" because that best aligns with my beliefs. I apologize for construing my words wrong on this topic.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »

A theory and a fact are entirely different things.

A theory is a falsificationable hypothesis supported by evidence that has been tested and has not been disproven. A fact is a single objective verifiable observation. A theory takes facts and fits them into a framework that can be used to explain how those facts are reconciled and often predict future results. It doesn’t make any sense to say evolution is a “fact”. This has nothing to do with people wanting to project some kind on uncertainty on to evidence for evolution; a fact and a theory are simply not the same thing.

I apologize if this is getting a little off track, but I can’t let something that wrong slide!

Heh, sorry, I merely meant for my post to convey that evolution is generally accepted as being as close to proven as you can get on the issue. Given that we're using scientific terminology, I obviously should have chosen my words more carefully. Apologies for the ambiguity! Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »

I am pleased to endorse 20RP12 for Senate.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »

I am pleased to endorse 20RP12 for Senate.

Thank you so much Mr. Governor Smiley This endorsement means a lot Cheesy
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »

San Francisco, CA

Audience member: Are bailouts to failing corporations ever justifiable?

20RP12: Never. Part of starting a business is having the fear of failure. If a business can't make money, it's not the Government's job to give them money. That's not how a Capitalist system is supposed to work. Businesses must earn their money, just like people.

Audience member: Does rehabilitation ever work in Criminal Justice?

20RP12: For some criminals, yes. For others, no. Some people just suffer from mental diseases that they cannot be cured of. Some people are undeniably threats to society and if they are in prison, they belong there so they don't hurt anyone else. It is possible to rehabilitate some criminals, however.

Audience member: On the topic of Criminal Justice, is the Death Penalty morally justifiable?

20RP12: No. To take the life of a human being is not morally justifiable. Period. If someone commits a murder and is in turn murdered, that makes the state just as much of a criminal for allowing it to happen. No, it's not morally justified.

Audience member: You call yourself "Pro-Choice" but yet you say executing a criminal who has actually caused harm to someone is morally unjustified? How do you justify those comments?

20RP12: I never once said that abortion is morally justified. In fact, it's extremely wrong and I would love to see a world in which abortions are not needed, but unfortunately, we do not live in such a world. I believe that forcing a woman to have a baby is also morally unjust and extremely painful. The amount of pain a woman goes through not only during childbirth, but also during pregnancy...she develops a connection to that baby. To kill it may hurt her, but it will probably hurt her more to carry a child for 9 months, a child which is taking a portion of her food, only just to give it up either for adoption or be forced to keep it. That is extremely stressful, especially if she can't take care of it. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one, but by all means do not restrict the rights of ones who might want-or need-one.

That's all for today! Thank you very much for coming out! Spread the message!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies