20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:29:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: 20RP12 For Senate?
Yes Cheesy

No Sad

Maybe Squinting

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: 20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement  (Read 17469 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »

You're running a great campaign and you're doing the SPA proud by being open, accessible and honest.

Thank you very much! Cheesy

D: !hcum yrev uoy knahT
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »

Madison, WI

Audience member: Do you believe that healthcare is a right or a privilege?

20RP12: Well, it's both, really. I personally believe that if one chooses to go uninsured and without health care, then that's their choice. I don't believe Government should require anyone to have health care. I believe individual liberty almost always trumps the "moral" thing to do.

Audience member: If you had to pick one area of spending that the Government needs to cut, what would it be and why?

20RP12: Defense spending needs to be cut. We don't need to be involved in foreign lands and spending countless dollars towards it. I believe we need to cut defense spending as well as foreign aid in order to balance our budget.

Audience member: Do you approve of your At-Large Senators?

20RP12: For the most part, yes. I'm hoping Nathan will do a great job as Senator, I know he will. I don't approve of Senator BRTD, however. He's been inactive and he just seems completely uninterested in Atlasia's political discourse at this point. I'm hoping to see him unseated come December.

Audience member: Does prohibition ever work in any way, shape or form?

20RP12: No, never. It never works. It only makes people want to do it more because it's illegal. Human psychology leads us to believe that when an action is discouraged, we only want to do it more. For the idea of being "rebellious", if you will.

That's all for today! Drive home safely! Happy Thanksgiving!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »

20RP12: Well, it's both, really. I personally believe that if one chooses to go uninsured and without health care, then that's their choice. I don't believe Government should require anyone to have health care. I believe individual liberty almost always trumps the "moral" thing to do.

Ok.  But do you believe the Government should provide affordable healthcare to The People?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »

So would you support a repeal of the Atlasian National Healthcare Act?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:58 PM »

Ok.  But do you believe the Government should provide affordable healthcare to The People?

Government should not be involved with health care in any way. I believe that market competition can drive down prices of health care-and it has in the past. Government and health care do not need to coincide. It really shouldn't even be a political issue.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

So would you support a repeal of the Atlasian National Healthcare Act?

Yes.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »

You are a member of the Silly Party. That being established, can The People trust you will take the job seriously? Or is it all silly to you?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »

You are a member of the Silly Party. That being established, can The People trust you will take the job seriously? Or is it all silly to you?

The job is very serious and I take the job very seriously. The Silly Party, as ironic as it may seem, is very serious about bringing about positive change in Atlasia and I stand with that ideal very firmly.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 03:11:26 AM »

TPTTAA - Why do you oppose healthcare for the poor?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2011, 07:34:30 AM »

While I don't find myself in agreement with you on every issue and you are too liberal both economically and socially to my taste, I appreciate your campaigning effort and activity. I don't promise you to give you my first preference, but one of my 5 votes will definitely go to you.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »

TPTTAA - Why do you oppose healthcare for the poor?

Now that's putting words in my mouth. I don't oppose health care for anyone. I believe that allowing the market to run it's course will in turn drive down costs of health care, making it more affordable for every Atlasian.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »

While I don't find myself in agreement with you on every issue and you are too liberal both economically and socially to my taste, I appreciate your campaigning effort and activity. I don't promise you to give you my first preference, but one of my 5 votes will definitely go to you.

Not sure if serious...

but thanks Cheesy
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »

TPTTAA - What about those who can not afford healthcare?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

TPTTAA - What about those who can not afford healthcare?

Well I'm not gonna be heartless and say "let them die", I believe that in such cases, those who cannot afford health care should receive some type of coverage by the Government. Let me rephrase my position on health care: Government should not be involved in health care unless dealing with an extreme case like someone who cannot afford health care. The same goes with welfare. As soon as someone can afford health care, they shall be taken off Government assistance and be allowed to buy their own health care. However, I don't support a mandate. If someone too poor to afford health care refuses health insurance from the Government, they shall be able to have that choice.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »

TPTTAA so no government provision of healthcare but you are not opposed to government funds to help those who need it?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »

Not sure if serious...

but thanks Cheesy

Sorry, that was a slip of the pen. I blended the terms "libertarian" and "neoliberal" in a wrong way. The latter term is widely used at least over here in Europe to refer to people/politicians who are very libertarian economically. Of course, what I meant was that you are a tad too libertarian on economic issues to my taste but that I'd vote for you because of your vivid campaign.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

Not sure if serious...

but thanks Cheesy

Sorry, that was a slip of the pen. I blended the terms "libertarian" and "neoliberal" in a wrong way. The latter term is widely used at least over here in Europe to refer to people/politicians who are very libertarian economically. Of course, what I meant was that you are a tad too libertarian on economic issues to my taste but that I'd vote for you because of your vivid campaign.

Ah I see Tongue Well thanks again Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »

Obviously our political positions are far too divergent for me to endorse you, but you've a great record in the Northeast Assembly (and would have been a rather good Governor, too Tongue), so best of luck. Smiley
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2011, 05:58:55 PM »

TPTTAA so no government provision of healthcare but you are not opposed to government funds to help those who need it?

It's not a black and white issue where either everyone gets healthcare or nobody gets it. Those who cannot afford it should have the option to get it from the Government. Once they can afford it, they no longer need Government assistance. As I said before, I don't oppose welfare-which is the same idea. If someone is in need of assistance, Government can and should help them. It'd be heartless of me to say "let them die."
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2011, 10:36:53 PM by 20RP12 For Senate! »

Minneapolis, MN

20RP12: First off, I'd like to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful dinner with your families. Thank you all for coming out today to meet with me. It's truly an honor.

Audience member: When pressured by TPTTAA, you seemed to contradict your opinion on health care. Why should we trust what you've said when you've already contradicted yourself on a major issue?

20RP12: I didn't contradict myself at all, I clarified. It is my firm belief that Government should not be involved in the People's health care unless someone is too poor to afford it. That's an extreme case, however. I don't believe in a mandated health care system-one like we currently have-instead, I believe in letting the free market run it's course in terms of health care.

Audience member: So you would support repealing our current system and implementing a different system?

20RP12: Yes, I would.

Audience member: You also stated that you believe that welfare should be available to those in need. Isn't that a contradiction of your supposed "libertarian" economic views?

20RP12: Not at all. I believe in a welfare-to-work program and I also believe that we should mandate drug tests before anyone can receive welfare. Why should tax payers potentially have to pay for someone's drug habit or refusal to find work?

Audience member: Do you believe that people should have the right to burn the Atlasian flag?

20RP12: While I believe it is wrong to desecrate the Atlasian flag, I believe it is one's right to do so. It's a simple liberty and a means of protest. I can't object to such a thing.

That's all for today! Thanks for coming out! Happy Thanksgiving!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »

Obviously our political positions are far too divergent for me to endorse you, but you've a great record in the Northeast Assembly (and would have been a rather good Governor, too Tongue), so best of luck. Smiley

Thank you very much Cheesy
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2011, 11:47:36 AM »

20RP12 airs Television Ads in California, Washington, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, Arkansas, Texas and Virginia:

Female Announcer: 20RP12 has worked tirelessly in the Northeast Assembly to create a better region for his peers and their children. His record of bi-partisanship proves that he is the right candidate for At-large Senate.

20RP12: These days, partisan bickering is far too common amongst our politicians. Instead of working for ourselves, why don't we work for the People? Why don't we work for a better Atlasia?Well I'm ready to do just that. I'm not a lifelong politician who only has his own interests at heart, my record in the Northeast Assembly will prove just that. So when you go to vote in December, think. Do you really want to continue with politics as usual...or do you want to see a positive change for once? I'm 20RP12 and I approve this message.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »

Lincoln, NE

Audience member: You've called an advocate for Atlasians with Depression. What is Government's role in the lives of Depressed Atlasians?

20RP12: To offer them the assistance that they need. As an Atlasian living with Depression, I wish there were more means for me to seek help when I need it. I believe Government should give something to everyone with the numbers for the Suicide Hotline and whatnot...perhaps a magnet? I don't know.

Audience member: Is Depression a disease that should have money raised for it to find a cure like cancer?

20RP12: Depression is not a curable disease. It's something you live with every single day. It's something you fight every single day. Should money be raised for awareness? Absolutely. But there is no "cure" for the disease. No amount of pills or surgeries can get rid of it.

Audience member: Do you think you have a good shot to be elected?

20RP12: Anything can happen. I can't say whether or not. I hope so.

Audience member: Do you think prostitution should be legal?

20RP12: Yes. It's someone's choice to have sex with another human being, whether paid or not. It's superfluous to continue keeping it illegal.

That's all for today! Thanks for coming out! Spread the message!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »

Depression is curable.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »

It struck me as rather amusing that you went from depression to prostitution Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies