Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:45:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 12073 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 01:06:13 AM »

Wow an impressive ticket I must say.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 01:21:28 AM »

Thank you Senator.  Nice of you to say. 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2011, 08:50:50 AM by Senator Jbrase »

Thank you Governor Winfield for having me on the ticket. Smiley

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »

TPP - Outside Voter Sanctity, what priorities do you have if you are elected President? 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2011, 11:56:18 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

Thank you Governor Winfield for having me on the ticket. Smiley

Senator, it is an honor for me to have you on the ticket.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2011, 11:57:01 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

TPP - Outside Voter Sanctity, what priorities do you have if you are elected President?  

Cincinnatus, that is a very good question, and thank  you for asking it.

As I am sure you can appreciate, I will at this time not be delving into specifics as the campaign has just begun.

During the course of the campaign, I shall be discussing policies I believe to be of importance, priorities I have, and my vision for Atlasia.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »

I might be willing to support you, but I voted against such a reform in the Assembly, & therefore do not believe I should go back on my record. However, I wish you luck.

Then again, my reasons for voting against the MidEast reform might be different than voting for or against on a national scale. Nevertheless, good luck.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2011, 11:57:30 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

I might be willing to support you, but I voted against such a reform in the Assembly, & therefore do not believe I should go back on my record. However, I wish you luck.

Then again, my reasons for voting against the MidEast reform might be different than voting for or against on a national scale. Nevertheless, good luck.

I can respect your decision.  As far as I am concerned, when one follows their conscience, then for them, that is the right decision.

And it's true, we do not know at this point how this issue may play out on a national scale.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »

Endorsed!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »

Thank you so much.  Your endorsement is most appreciated.

This goes to show that pro Romney and anti Romney supporters can get together for a common cause.  Smiley
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 09:48:44 PM »

Thank you so much.  Your endorsement is most appreciated.

This goes to show that pro Romney and anti Romney supporters can get together for a common cause.  Smiley

Who is this "Romney" you speak of? Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 10:05:13 PM »

If anyone wishes to use the Winfield/Jbrase banner in their signature for the duration of the campaign, please feel free to do so.

After all, we have nothing against FREE PUBLICITY!  Cheesy
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »

Jbrase is responsible for creating our very attractive campaign banner.

For those who like it, thank Senator Jbrase.

For those who don't like it, talk to me, and I'll deal with you.  Cheesy 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:32 PM »

Jbrase is responsible for creating our very attractive campaign banner.

For those who like it, thank Senator Jbrase.

For those who don't like it, talk to me, and I'll deal with you.  Cheesy 

I say a good arm grab plus a finger in the facial area is the best way to deal with the dissenters.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:20 AM »

In response to President Polnut, Speaker Cincinnatus, and Atlasians everywhere.

I have been asked, naturally enough, besides the Vote Sanctity Act, what other issues do I believe in and wish to introduce during the campaign.

I will discuss this evening issues that directly impact on the actual simulation itself.

Issues on various other policy matters will be discussed later.

These issues are not new, I am sure, but they are issues that I, and clearly others, would like to see.

As President, I would like to see discussions take place, perhaps on a regular basis, between the President and the regional Governors, to discuss issues and interests of common concern, and to get the Governors input on how national issues impact their regions.  I believe that strong regions make for a strong nation.

I would like to see a continuation in the Senate of honest, meaningful, and frank discussion and debate.  I would like to see personal animosities kept to a minimum and personal attacks avoided.  I am not saying there are personal attacks, but nonetheless, they should be avoided.

I realize there are varying and competing ideologies amongst lawmakers, and this is what makes for and interesting and active Senate and for lively debate.  I am hopeful this will continue.

I believe it is up to the President to be an example of leadership, direction, and cooperation.

Above all, I want to see all involved ENJOY THE SIMULATION AND HAVE FUN!

Thank you my fellow Atlasians for taking the time to listen to me, even though the hour is late.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »

Winfield, I wonder if you have any ideas for reforming the Vice Presidency, an issue that was debated many times without any results.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »

Winfield, I wonder if you have any ideas for reforming the Vice Presidency, an issue that was debated many times without any results.

Thank you for the question Kalwejt. 

Certainly the current responsibilities of the Vice President are important and essential and clearly those aspects of the Vice Presidency must, and will, remain intact.

Now, in answer to your question, perhaps we should begin by asking ourselves a question.

Since this is an issue that has been debated many times without results, we should ask
why, after all this discussion and debate, have no conclusions been reached to enhance or reform the office of the Vice Presidency.  Therein may lie some answers to this conundrum.   As I believe you were at one time a participant in these discussions, reforming the Vice Presidency, perhaps you could give your analysis as to why these discussions ended in failure and seemed to have hit a roadblock.

I don't know that the Vice Presidency needs reforming so much as being enhanced. 

Myself, I believe the Vice President must be a critical and fully functioning member of the administration, and a participant in decision making.

The Vice President could be assigned by the President to head up task forces for the purpose of determining the scope and impact of legislation the President wishes to introduce for debate and vote by the Senate before it is introduced.  This would be of considerable assistance to the President.

The Vice President could propose bills of his or her own to the President that he or she would like to see enacted.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2011, 12:02:04 PM by Senator Jbrase »

An idea I think would be interesting for the vice presidency that I have been thinking about lately **That apparently Kal thought of first**  is having the office elected separate from the Presidential race, and allow the VP to introduce legislation.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »

An idea I think would be interesting for the vice presidency that I have been thinking about lately is having the office elected separate from the Presidential race, and allow the VP to introduce legislation.

That is one of the qualities I like, among many others, about Senator Jbrase as my running mate.  He is an innovative, original, and independent thinker, qualities in a Vice President that would be of great benefit to all of Atlasia.   
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

An idea I think would be interesting for the vice presidency that I have been thinking about lately is having the office elected separate from the Presidential race

You're stealing my ideas Angry
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »

An idea I think would be interesting for the vice presidency that I have been thinking about lately is having the office elected separate from the Presidential race

My bad, I was unaware. I shall fix the post then.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2011, 04:30:59 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

I've noticed a lot of confusion over election law during the last presidential election. Including among SoFA Earl and DSoFA Inks.

We vote for tickets here. Not individuals. Tickets declare to run for election, too. Not individuals.

now... thing I've been thinking about...
rather than get SoFAs to obey the law again... how about we change the law? Hold a vote for President and a vote for Vice President? Isn't that friendlier to the voter, too?

The issue was discussed once before in Atlasia, years ago. Then it went away as completely as the secret ballot idea.
If I wrote up a Constitutional Amendment to elect President and Vice President separately in the future, is there a chance it would pass?

Kalwejt, did you give Trondheim the idea back in 2008 to hold separate elections for President and Vice President?  He was using this idea almost three years ago.

Trondheim also states this issue was discussed once before in Atlasia, years ago, evidently meaning years before 2008.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »

Kalwejt, did you give Trondheim the idea back in 2008 to hold separate elections for President and Vice President?  He was using this idea almost three years ago.

Trondheim also states this issue was discussed once before in Atlasia, years ago, evidently meaning years before 2008.

Obviously, I was around in 2008 Tongue

I'm impressed by time you took to dig an ancient post from almost three years ago.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »

Kalwejt, did you give Trondheim the idea back in 2008 to hold separate elections for President and Vice President?  He was using this idea almost three years ago.

Obviously, I was around in 2008 Tongue

I'm impressed by time you took to dig an ancient post from almost three years ago.

You were around in 2008, but that was not the question.  The question is, did you give Trondheim this idea in 2008?

I am simply asking a question.  Please do not get offended.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »

Lots of people have independently come up with the idea of electing Pres and VP separately.
Jbrase is the first one I recall to propose letting the VP introduce legislation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies