Running Mates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:09:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Running Mates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Running Mates  (Read 1171 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:20:44 AM »

I've noticed a lot of confusion over election law during the last presidential election. Including among SoFA Earl and DSoFA Inks.

We vote for tickets here. Not individuals. Tickets declare to run for election, too. Not individuals.

now... thing I've been thinking about...
rather than get SoFAs to obey the law again... how about we change the law? Hold a vote for President and a vote for Vice President? Isn't that friendlier to the voter, too?

The issue was discussed once before in Atlasia, years ago. Then it went away as completely as the secret ballot idea.
If I wrote up a Constitutional Amendment to elect President and Vice President separately in the future, is there a chance it would pass?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »

I'd be a vote against it.  For example, running mates increase partisanship, something we are dearly lacking.  The reason the RPP went so strongly for Jesus is because we had Meeker on the ticket.  Phil owes his win to having a JCPer on the ticket as well.  I've actually introduced a intitiative in my region to make governor and lt. gov run together.  If there's something we need its more people on tickets, not less.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 07:26:47 AM »

I'd like to tentatively throw in the suggestion of maybe giving some consideration to whether we need a Vice President at all.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 07:28:28 AM »

I'd be a vote against it.  For example, running mates increase partisanship, something we are dearly lacking.  The reason the RPP went so strongly for Jesus is because we had Meeker on the ticket.  Phil owes his win to having a JCPer on the ticket as well. 

This, I believe, is the first argument made that the recent one ticket election and the Phil Presidency were actually good for Atlasia.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »

I'd be a vote against it.  For example, running mates increase partisanship, something we are dearly lacking.  The reason the RPP went so strongly for Jesus is because we had Meeker on the ticket.  Phil owes his win to having a JCPer on the ticket as well. 

This, I believe, is the first argument made that the recent one ticket election and the Phil Presidency were actually good for Atlasia.
Phil's election was certainly exciting, and certainly can be attributed heavily to his running mate.  The last election would have been equally exciting had Mr. Moderate stayed in the race, Jesus most likely would have won but by a much smaller margin, most likely 5-10 votes
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »

BUMP!

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Article_II_of_the_Second_Constitution

Can someone weigh in on whether splitting the Vice President's election off from the President's even requires a constitutional amendment!?

Maybe all we have to do is amend CESRA.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »

I've actually thought about this a lot lately.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 04:33:30 AM »

That is a bad idea. cause who the president picks reflect him. Also If we get to choose the running mate then those two might not have the best relationship.
They haven't had that during Ebowed's last two VP terms either.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies