The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:08:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193545 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »

The whole thread turned into a deluge of herp derp after Politico started posting.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »

Context:

At this point in 2008, wasn't everyone saying the same things about Romney and Clinton?

Weren't they?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2012, 10:12:50 PM »

Context:

At this point in 2008, wasn't everyone saying the same things about Romney and Clinton?

Weren't they?

No.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #403 on: January 09, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »

Most disgusting post ever? Most disgusting post ever.

It's vile, but there have been a couple worse.

It reminds me of some of the things AuH2ORepublican from 2004-2005 often said, which of course are the ones that can compete with it.

And I think, we are forgetting the existence of Richius (speaking of the return of the repressed....)

In what way was he repressed?

And I can't really say I find that to be near the most disgusting, bad as it is. I've seen lots worse on here.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #404 on: January 10, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »

Alot of people here seem to be resentful of Romney's success. Romney has experience, he knows the workplace, he's not just a career politician. He is FORCED to play political games because people are obsessed with social issues, due to their culture being erased by intolerant liberals.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »

Tanner would I think have won the 8th due to the Memphis blacks being cracked in two. 2000 and 2004 results show this district to have about an even PVI.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=146750.0
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2012, 12:54:45 AM »

Once in a generation a leader arises who has the ability to inspire, motivate, and lift up a nation to greatness and embolden its' people to realize their full potential.

That leader is Mitt Romney.   
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2012, 08:08:31 AM »

Some people still believe these cute graphs are somehow representative of reality.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2012, 09:26:36 AM »

This might sound weird (as anything from me does, really)

Now coming from most other posters, this would belong in the Awkward Truth Mine. But not in this case
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »

Reagan failed twice at winning the presidential nomination, so I am going to hold off judgement on this call. In fact, he was seen as a "weak" candidate in a "weak" field back in 1980.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »

Reagan failed twice at winning the presidential nomination, so I am going to hold off judgement on this call. In fact, he was seen as a "weak" candidate in a "weak" field back in 1980.

I love when people write their own version of history.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

Some people still believe these cute graphs are somehow representative of reality.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »

He could. If Jim DeMint steps up and endorses him or something else happens.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56:19 AM »

Problem is, when greater retail choice is introduced, prices go up even more. Not down. Facts are pretty cool.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2012, 05:39:32 AM »

Wow...I guess it's good that you're posting directly into this thread at least. :/
Wonkish1

« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »

LOL, your comment afterward is perfect for this thread. Clearly an example of a mistake in quoting that in here. Great job is showing that you just prefer to be ambivalent to the world completely.

Coming up next Antonio V is about to post a picture of a math text book with the same line. LOL!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #417 on: January 15, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »

Mitt, and as President he will restore jobs and greatness to America, after four years of Barack's incompetence and aimlesness.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »

The NRA gave Paul a 100% rating too, they give all Republicans a 100%.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »

I've looked though this entire thread and I am upset that I've not been mentioned. How am I supposed to maintain my egocentric paranoia when you guys act like this?
Maybe they are doing it on purpose just to screw with my head
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2012, 11:19:18 PM »

I've looked though this entire thread and I am upset that I've not been mentioned. How am I supposed to maintain my egocentric paranoia when you guys act like this?
Maybe they are doing it on purpose just to screw with my head

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #421 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:08 AM »

"Paranoid? OF COURSE I'M PARANOID!!! Everyone is out to get me."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #422 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:52 AM »

This might be old, but it was somehow overlooked:

You are largely right, Snowguy, and that's unfortunate.  We have become too 'comfortable' in our relatively persecution-free American lifestyle.  This comfort gives us the tendency to relax and let our guard down and relax our morals.  I heard a sermon about a year ago from my cousin that America's blessings have become our cursings.  We are so blessed in this nation to be able to worship the way you choose without the government cracking down on raiding your homes or places of worship that we have relaxed our morals and are rejecting large parts of the Word of God and allowing heresy and immorality to infiltrate the church.  The church should change the world, but we in America have allowed the world to change the church.  It is utterly shameful.  We, as American Christians, need to realize that there could very easily come a point that we will no longer be allowed to worship as freely as we once were.  In fact, it's already started by some groups saying that if you preach against homosexuality from the pulpit, they want you charged with a hate crime.  It is sad, really, really sad.
So, just so I understand you correctly: Freedom of religion is causing the nation to lose freedom of religion, so we should have less freedom of religion so that we can have more? George Orwell, meet Oklahoma.

That's not what I'm saying at all.  What I'm saying is that we've allowed society to influence the church, when we, as the church, should be influencing society.  We've watered down the Gospel so much that it has little or none effect.  We preach what people want to hear, not what they need to hear.  We have let our blessings as a nation make us complacent and comfortable.  Freedom of religion is a great thing, don't get me wrong, and that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about all of our other blessings this country enjoys, mainly the lack of real persecution.  Other countries like China where they are still trying to stamp out Christianity brag about how they were beaten for their faith.  We water everything down here in the Bible Belt.  We choose where we worship based on the style of music or the style of preaching or the ethnicity and social makeup of the congregation, whether the church lets out on time for lunch or not.  We take complete chunks out of the Bible to make it fit what we want to believe, not forcing our beliefs to fit the Bible.  It's not that way in all of America.  For example, 8 years ago I went on a mission trip to Vermont and the churches up there, of course are few and far between, but they are strong, committed, genuine and authentic Christians.  They're not watered down like the Bible Belt is.  Down here, we have a church pretty much on every corner.  Up there, they don't.  Wicca is a huge part of the culture in Vermont and Massachusetts.  Christians are really a minority in New England, as well as in the Pacific Northwest.  At the time, I believe only 10% of Vermont residents even claimed Christianity.  In Oklahoma, it's probably 10% of our residents don't claim Christianity.  The difference is Christianity is much more authentic and genuine in Vermont than it is in Oklahoma or Texas.  As much as it pains me to put my state second in a race.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #423 on: January 17, 2012, 07:15:26 AM »

But the sentences right behind the highlighted bollocks are true!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #424 on: January 17, 2012, 09:47:17 AM »

But the sentences right behind the highlighted bollocks are true!

As a product of Christianity-as-done-by-Vermonters, I have to agree with this, though I actually don't like to toot my own horn. I just end up doing it sometimes without noticing.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies