Dem Pollster Pat Caddell: "I have lived this nightmare"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:51:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Dem Pollster Pat Caddell: "I have lived this nightmare"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Dem Pollster Pat Caddell: "I have lived this nightmare"  (Read 7434 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:09 AM »

Calling Pat Caddell a "Dem pollster" is kinda disingenuous, but I suppose you knew that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 05:48:48 AM »

So if this is like 1980 according to Caddell, who's going to be the John Anderson of 2012?
It should be obvious, for you.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 08:27:14 AM »

"I thought that the attack on the Tea Party is a political libel in the sense that these are Americans, individuals who are concerned that their country is in decline and going under.

Aaanndd this is where I stopped reading the ravings of an obvious hack.

He is a liberal Democrat.

No, he isn't.

His Democratic credentials are that he was Carter's pollster in the 1970s. You were on safe ground trumpeting that (although note that Rick Perry was a Democrat then, too.) He's not a liberal Dem.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 09:00:04 AM »

"I thought that the attack on the Tea Party is a political libel in the sense that these are Americans, individuals who are concerned that their country is in decline and going under.

And I say I'm George Clooney's more handsome brother, yet the ladies don't exactly fall over themselves to date me.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:31 AM »

No, he isn't.

His Democratic credentials are that he was Carter's pollster in the 1970s. You were on safe ground trumpeting that (although note that Rick Perry was a Democrat then, too.) He's not a liberal Dem.

well he's a self-identified liberal.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »

1. Passed comprehensive health reform
2. Saved the American automobile industry, and with it the entire Midwest.
3. Successfully/responsibly scaled down and then ended the War in Iraq, as promised
4. Passed major financial reform
5. Stopped the US economy from falling off a cliff in early 2009, leading to net job creation by mid-2009
6. Turned around the war in Afghanistan
7. Killed Osama Bin laden
8. Prevented mass murder/genocide/human rights catastrophe in Libya
9. Successfully isolated Iran diplomatically, gaining assistance from Russia and China
10. Restored America's image around the world

Your average joe doesn't believe half of those to be accomplishments,  namely, 5, 6, 9, and 10.. The koolaid drinkers might, but he has that vote wrapped up.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »

Yes, he's done this several times.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 09:21:02 AM »

You know, I was just thinking "I wonder what Pat Caddell thinks about all of this."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »

I am astounded by the hackish demonstration by liberals recently with regards to Barack Obama. Indeed, they seemed rather angry at him just a week ago.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »

I am astounded by the hackish demonstration by liberals recently with regards to Barack Obama. Indeed, they seemed rather angry at him just a week ago.

It may be because Pat's comments about libeling the Tea Party and all seemed on its face to be hackish hyperbole, and then when Pat was put on a pedestal as being some sort of Moses around here, that just got the competitive juices going, and everything fed on itself. Hey, that's how politics often works!  Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »

It may be because Pat's comments about libeling the Tea Party and all seemed on its face to be hackish hyperbole, and then when Pat was put on a pedestal as being some sort of Moses around here, that just got the competitive juices going, and everything fed on itself. Hey, that's how politics often works!  Smiley

I was simply showing how a liberal who worked in a Democratic Administration is trying to warn Democrats not to act like how they appear to be acting. They have this chip on their shoulder that they can win against anybody no matter what.

Need I remind them that the candidates Sarah Palin campaigned for won elections less than a year ago? Tea Party candidates? Need I remind them that if that is able to occur, then the notion of Barack Obama losing shouldn't be all that far-fetched.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 10:00:37 AM »

well he's a self-identified liberal.

Yes, being a self-identified liberal who criticizes Democrats and liberals freely and praises conservatives is a good market niche for Fox.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:19 AM »

3. Successfully/responsibly scaled down and then ended the War in Iraq, as promised
5. Stopped the US economy from falling off a cliff in early 2009, leading to net job creation by mid-2009
9. Successfully isolated Iran diplomatically, gaining assistance from Russia and China

Your average joe doesn't believe half of those to be accomplishments,  namely, 5, 6, 9, and 10.. The koolaid drinkers might, but he has that vote wrapped up.

5, 6, and 9 are certainly debatable.

10 is in fact true, but American voters couldn't care less about it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

It's cute when you call others hacks, Big Dog.
Link
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »

Even with an independent thinking cap on, I find myself shaking my head when reading these posts where the Obama supporters are convinced, almost to an arrogance, that no matter how bad unemployment is and no matter who the Republicans nominate, that Obama will win and win big.

Wow. What forum are you going to?  What channel do you watch on TV?

I read this forum and numerous Dems have said Obama is in deep trouble if the unemployment number doesn't decrease.  You should watch Chris Matthews.  Is there some major cable news channel that is to the left of MSNBC that I'm not aware of?

I'm an Obama supporter and it is my personal opinion that if the unemployment numbers don't improve substantially and the Republicans nominate someone halfway sane like Romney or Huntsman Obama is in big trouble.  I thought this was pretty much a fact at this stage?

I think someone may have been trying to building a little strawman.
Link
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »

Need I remind them that the candidates Sarah Palin campaigned for won elections less than a year ago? Tea Party candidates? Need I remind them that if that is able to occur, then the notion of Barack Obama losing shouldn't be all that far-fetched.

You have a very selective memory.  Remember Christine O'donnell?

And as you yourself stated that was about a year ago.  Sarah Palin has only hastened her metamorphosis into a rodeo clown since then.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2011, 11:27:26 AM by hawkeye59 »

This.
No matter if you agree or disagree with him, you have to admit that he has gotten things done, whether they are good or bad.

President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2011, 11:30:58 AM by captain copernicus »

Your average joe doesn't believe half of those to be accomplishments,  namely, 5, 6, 9, and 10.. The koolaid drinkers might, but he has that vote wrapped up.

Yes well, the Republicans wouldn't know a nuanced foreign policy if it bit them in the ass. Based on what I saw the Republican debates, foreign policy is best summed us "HULK ANGRY! HULK SMASH!!".  Might never equals right, as we saw well enough during Mr. 43's first term.

And yes, I had DADT repeal on there, but then editing the list I erased it and forgot to add it back. A huge mistake on my part. What made the DADT repeal even more significant is that the President managed to get the military establishment to back it before it went up for a vote. That is impressive leadership. That, plus START, are twelve accomplishments the president can run on.

And yeah, all of them are "debatable". Half of the accomplishments that Reaganfan wrote for Bush '04 are debatable too. But the fact is, we were losing 700,000 jobs when Obama took office, and we added 100,000 last month. Its not nearly fast enough, but to call that failure is just an intentional demonstration of short-term memory loss.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »

Yes well, the Republicans wouldn't know a nuanced foreign policy if it bit them in the ass. Based on what I saw the Republican debates, foreign policy is best summed us "HULK ANGRY! HULK SMASH!!".  Might never equals right, as we saw well enough during Mr. 43's first term.

And yes, I had DADT repeal on there, but then editing the list I erased it and forgot to add it back. A huge mistake on my part. What made the DADT repeal even more significant is that the President managed to get the military establishment to back it before it went up for a vote. That is impressive leadership. That, plus START, are twelve accomplishments the president can run on.

And yeah, all of them are "debatable". Half of the accomplishments that Reaganfan wrote for Bush '04 are debatable too. But the fact is, we were losing 700,000 jobs when Obama took office, and we added 100,000 last month. Its not nearly fast enough, but to call that failure is just an intentional demonstration of short-term memory loss.

Not really. Those are actions he took that changed the status quo, that people either agreed with or disagreed with. Your 5, 6, 9, and 10 are just liberal cherry picked opinions.

To your credit, at least, your 11 and 12, along with your 1, 4, and 7, are actual actions. So, I suppose, is 3. Although I doubt anyone cares about the bulk of them.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »

Ah, what a blessing it is to have Naso back. Thanks, Rick Perry.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »

Those Texan candidates really get Naso's heart beating.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »

Even with an independent thinking cap on, I find myself shaking my head when reading these posts where the Obama supporters are convinced, almost to an arrogance, that no matter how bad unemployment is and no matter who the Republicans nominate, that Obama will win and win big.

When I saw Pat Caddell's comments I realized he said what I was trying to get across. Democrats will lose and potentially lose badly if their strategy is to "demonize" the other side and say, "vote for us, it could be worse." It seems by what they say about Romney and Perry and Bachmann and Paul and Ryan and all of the GOP contenders is that is exactly how they plan on shaping the next election. If that is the case, Grant Park will be pretty depressing come morning November 7th.

Bush '04 was based in large part on demonizing John Kerry. There have been countless successful campaigns based upon demonizing the opponent. The fact that Carter lost does not automatically mean Obama will lose. Your way of thinking about the election is just a simplistic as the way of the supposed Obama supporters on here you are complaining about.

Bush '04 was seen as reflecting on Bush's leadership since 9/11 against terrorism. What are Obama's re-election touting accomplishments?

Actually killing bin Laden?

What did his poll numbers do after that?  (And you might want to look at what I said regarding them.)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »

What's funny is that I'm watching the President's townhall in Illinois right now, and it almost sounds like he's running against the President...strange...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »

Those Texan candidates really get Naso's heart beating.

Disturbingly enough, I don't think Naso's heart is the part that gets most excited about a Perry candidacy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2011, 07:48:33 PM by Badger »

Hello, all. I'm a lurker, but the relentless jet stream of bullsh**t emanating from Ohio has compelled me to register.

Name one accomplishment? I'll give you ten, good sir.

Anyway, there's no need for liberals to panic about Obama's re-election prospects. Its going to be a tough fight, and he's going to lose some states that he won in 2008. But I'm still optimistic that he's going to get across the finish line. The last thing the left should do is start panicking.

You, fellow Ohioan, are a welcome addition here. Smiley

Though it's true you did miss START and DADT repeal. Wink

EDIT: Saw your subsequent explanation. You should post here much, much more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies