JTM Research Center: President Tmthforu Approval Rating
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:12:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JTM Research Center: President Tmthforu Approval Rating
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you approve or disapprove of President Tmthforu?
Approve

Disapprove

Don't Know/Don't Care.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: JTM Research Center: President Tmthforu Approval Rating  (Read 1669 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »

This poll will run for 4 days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »

I'm sure a majority will disapprove due to the events of today, but I think looking at everything I've done, I've made a positive impact by bringing relevancy to the SoIA and SoEA positions, easing the stress of the GM, creating a more newbie-friendly game, and just overall having one of the most active administrations in recent history and being involved in Senate discussion.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »

I'll wait for articles of impeachment to be introduced and Napoleon to publicize the private messages he supposedly has and for tmth to respond before I make my decision.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

I'm sure a majority will disapprove due to the events of today, but I think looking at everything I've done, I've made a positive impact by bringing relevancy to the SoIA and SoEA positions, easing the stress of the GM, creating a more newbie-friendly game, and just overall having one of the most active administrations in recent history and being involved in Senate discussion.

You can't even fill the SoIA position and your SoEA has done little with the powers granted by your legislation. This scandal is the biggest event of your term.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

You can't even fill the SoIA position and your SoEA has done little with the powers granted by your legislation. This scandal is the biggest event of your term.
And that's my fault how? You're more than welcome to apply for SoIA. The fact is, no one's applied, and everyone I've asked, including the almost President-elect, has declined.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »

It isn't Isaac's fault that his nominees are inactive, that's not a fair point to make.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 08:19:14 PM »

Yelnoc, however, in his time as SoIA, was incredibly active. The changes he made were very good, and even if not perfect, are much more useful to us than both positions being completely useless, as they were before. (Also, it's not the SoEA's fault that the Senate basically ignores everything he or the SoIA write.)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »

It isn't Isaac's fault that his nominees are inactive, that's not a fair point to make.

What? It most certainly is. That's is the core of his administration and one of his primary responsibilities.

And that's my fault how? You're more than welcome to apply for SoIA. The fact is, no one's applied, and everyone I've asked, including the almost President-elect, has declined.

Maybe you should make it more relevant.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »

Innocent until proven guilty says I.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »

your SoEA has done little with the powers granted by your legislation.

That is laughably false.  I have done everything I can with the SoEA; and the end result has been multiple intense discussions of our foreign policy - the 60 posts generated on the FPR is more than on every previous FPR combined.  I have been more than active, and the record shows it.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »

I disapprove because I was not appointed to the cabinet.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »

That is laughably false.  I have done everything I can with the SoEA; and the end result has been multiple intense discussions of our foreign policy - the 60 posts generated on the FPR is more than on every previous FPR combined.  I have been more than active, and the record shows it.

Re-read what I wrote. You haven't updated in three weeks, and before then it wasn't since May 18th. A shining example of activity.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »

Re-read what I wrote. You haven't updated in three weeks, and before then it wasn't since May 18th. A shining example of activity.

That could just mean things aren't happening.  Activity isn't just posting stories, you know.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »

That could just mean things aren't happening.  Activity isn't just posting stories, you know.

That being the case, I don't see why you would be so angry and defensive. My remarks were aimed only at a specific segment of your responsibilities.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »

That being the case, I don't see why you would be so angry and defensive. My remarks were aimed only at a specific segment of your responsibilities.

Because first of all, your entire campaign has been about dismantling the reforms that I pushed so strongly for to give me any power to begin with; and second, they were, again, false to begin with.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »

Because first of all, your entire campaign has been about dismantling the reforms that I pushed so strongly for to give me any power to begin with; and second, they were, again, false to begin with.

I see two false statements. I don't know how you and Tmth manage to believe some of the things you post.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »

You're going to start lecturing people on activity? Prior to the start of the election you hadn't updated your campaign thread at all in a month.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »

That is laughably false.  I have done everything I can with the SoEA; and the end result has been multiple intense discussions of our foreign policy - the 60 posts generated on the FPR is more than on every previous FPR combined.  I have been more than active, and the recordg shows it.

You're going to start lecturing people on activity? Prior to the start of the election you hadn't updated your campaign thread at all in a month.

A campaign isn't a job. Apples to oranges.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 10:31:19 PM »

That is laughably false.  I have done everything I can with the SoEA; and the end result has been multiple intense discussions of our foreign policy - the 60 posts generated on the FPR is more than on every previous FPR combined.  I have been more than active, and the recordg shows it.

A campaign isn't a job. Apples to oranges.

Uh huh. A campaign is when people prove they're up to the task of the job they're running for. Let's count your flaws:

1. Your tenure in the Assembly was marked by controversy over your refusal to acknowledge the election of a duly elected Assemblyman (Giovanni) grounded the Assembly to a halt while it battled over your arbitrary decision to just ignore certain people, nearly resulting in a lawsuit.

2. During the campaign you took your sweet time proposing just about anything, not even bothering to update your campaign thread now for an entire month's worth of time.

3. Randomly just disappeared for days in a row from the Assembly during legislative debate leaving the rest of us completely without leadership for nearly a week. I suspect you were just trying to run out the clock on my time before the Assembly ended so my bill couldn't get introduced (since it was sure to pass), but either way, your "hard working, active defender of the Northeast" schtick was transparent yet again.

4. All of your ideas are ridiculous, unpopular, and/or based on something we've already tried in the past and changed for good reason. Some of the only proposals you made during your campaign (it's easy to pick from them since there were so few) were about repealing Game Reform laws for no reason, or re-combining the SoFE and RG positions after we had already split them apart specifically because that job before had far too heavy a workload. Basically no one liked that idea when you proposed it.

5. In your time as Speaker of the NE Assembly, you had some hilarious opposition to the idea that Speakers or leaders of legislatures shouldn't have to do anything to get their members to vote. You said "I'm not a babysitter." If I had said that I would've been crucified. You were the Speaker of the Assembly that you didn't actually seem to care that much about getting turnout in, running for an even larger and more important legislature. God forbid you ever try to run for PPT.

6. You're either a liar, or a liar. In public you proposed repealing the Game Reform Act, yet in private you started promising people that you would, in fact, not vote to repeal the Game Reform Act, and yet here you stand talking mess about it anyway. So you were either being dishonest the first time when you said you would repeal it, knowing full well you wouldn't, or you were being dishonest when saying you wouldn't repeal it knowing full well you hated the damn thing anyway.

I suppose it's easy to slack off, a lot, when you know so many people are going to line up for you regardless of what you do or don't do. But you're out of your mind if you think I'll let you get away with criticizing people other people for their flaws.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »

1. There is no evidence of me ignoring his votes.

2. I don't have a problem with my campaign.

3. Where was the Lieutenant Governor? Oh no, blame Napoleon for being gone for two days.

4. People liked my VP plan. Btw, the SoFE really has one duty. When the SoFE isn't doing that duty, it exposes the relative uselessness of the position.

5. I outlined why I opposed it, saying it would encourage laziness.

6. I do not support a full repeal, I support a revamping and a renaming, as I've stated over and over publicly and privately.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 11:52:44 PM »

6. I do not support a full repeal, I support a revamping and a renaming, as I've stated over and over publicly and privately.
Ah, now you've resorted to lying even more, something you ironically keep accusing me of doing...

On the Game Moderator

The Best Option Plan

I also propose to repeal the current administration's Game Moderator Reform Act. This act complicates the process and seeks to solve GM activity problems with a web of interlinking "GMs" within the Cabinet, even allowing them to create stories that they have executive powers to act on. The conflict of interest is especially evident for the SoEA position. I cannot stress enough how backwards we made the process. Allowing stories to be posted be lower-level "almost Game Moderators" and then allowing those stories to be modified by the REAL GM is unsound. I strongly believe anyone working as a GM should be as far removed from the Government as possible, i.e. no Cabinet members creating stories. 

I don't see the words "revamping" and "renaming" in that...do you?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »

The moral of this story is: Anything you do or say in a campaign matters naught.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »

The moral of this story is: Anything you do or say in a campaign matters naught.
I think this has been evident for quite a while. The most popular candidate wins. It's just like school elections.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »

I rephrased my position while discussing it in another thread and stuck with it. Tmth also PMed mean about it and I explained it to him in detail, so he is again being dishonest.

I think this has been evident for quite a while. The most popular candidate wins. It's just like school elections.

Truly the only explanation for your victory in February.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »

Truly the only explanation for your victory in February.
Ahaha, except I think most would agree I also ran a fairly more active campaign than Oakvale did, and actually made quite a few policy proposals, many later being implemented.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies