Live From Philadelphia, **MANN Election Coverage**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:17:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Live From Philadelphia, **MANN Election Coverage**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Live From Philadelphia, **MANN Election Coverage**  (Read 15982 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2004, 06:24:39 PM »

Phil, don't confuse the amount of talking with the amount of thinking.  It's that sort of thinking that caused dittoheads to think Rush was such a brilliant talk show host.  Frankly, I had hoped that you would mellow somewhat while in office.  If anything, you have become shriller.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2004, 06:33:24 PM »

Phil, don't confuse the amount of talking with the amount of thinking.  It's that sort of thinking that caused dittoheads to think Rush was such a brilliant talk show host.  Frankly, I had hoped that you would mellow somewhat while in office.  If anything, you have become shriller.

I have voiced the same outrage about members who come on, vote in elections and leave before I ever was elected to office. I have not become "shriller" and I am surprised that, in your opinion, I had to "mellow." I find it annoying the way Traldan has conducted himself on this forum. He accuses me of playing games and that I am just trying to find fault with Democrats. That's not true at all and proves that he does not know much about what is going on here.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2004, 06:54:38 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
Senator John F. Kennedy has voted for Senator StevenNick. It is now 7-7-3. With Preferential Voting, 8-7 StevenNick over Gabu

*Akno slams head against desk and smashes water cooler on producer's head*

You know, that's really not good for your health, slamming your head against the desk. Tongue

It's not good for Atlasia's health to have StevenNick in the Senate.

Lol, that's true as well.

Yeah because I'm sure you know so much about SteveNick right, Tradlan?

My name's Traldan, not Tradlan Wink

Either way you don't much about what's going on.

Well, there's only one way to not be sneered upon as an ignorant newbie, and that's by being active.  Obviously, you oppose my doing just that, becoming active, but I'm doing it nonetheless.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2004, 06:55:27 PM »

That's right.  Now I can continue to be a "lier and a reactionary git" and continue to "stand in the way of all progress on education."

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://afdems.serverbob.org/forum/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=49;start=15

On the same thread Akno urges Gabu to give up some core issues to get the UAC's support. Of course Gabu, being honorable, declines.

Oh, and on one thread RedefeatBush called me a borderline fascist. I love that board.

I did say later that he really is a moderate, but he comes across as very liberal for some reason.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2004, 06:57:33 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: KatieG has voted for Harry. The Senator is tied at 6-6 with WMS, and has more first preference votes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2004, 06:58:22 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
Senator John F. Kennedy has voted for Senator StevenNick. It is now 7-7-3. With Preferential Voting, 8-7 StevenNick over Gabu

*Akno slams head against desk and smashes water cooler on producer's head*

You know, that's really not good for your health, slamming your head against the desk. Tongue

It's not good for Atlasia's health to have StevenNick in the Senate.

Lol, that's true as well.

Yeah because I'm sure you know so much about SteveNick right, Tradlan?

My name's Traldan, not Tradlan Wink

Either way you don't much about what's going on.
  Obviously, you oppose my doing just that, becoming active, but I'm doing it nonetheless.

Actually I don't. I want people to remain active so don't think you're hurting me in any way.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2004, 07:00:03 PM »

Actually I don't. I want people to remain active so don't think you're hurting me in any way.

Well, I've seen nothing but opposition from you regarding my membership and activity here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2004, 07:01:32 PM »

I have voiced the same outrage about members who come on, vote in elections and leave before I ever was elected to office. I have not become "shriller" and I am surprised that, in your opinion, I had to "mellow." I find it annoying the way Traldan has conducted himself on this forum. He accuses me of playing games and that I am just trying to find fault with Democrats. That's not true at all and proves that he does not know much about what is going on here.

You have always struck me as someone who is both principled and partisan, but one who is more concerned with partisanship than principle.  I haven't see you rage at the low post voters with blue avatars with anything like what you have done against low post Red avatars.  At the most, you have caught your breath between anti-red avatar rants with some generic rants, but I don't see you crying out against LesterMaddox, Moorein08, or even George W. Bush specifically, all of who are low-post blue avatars that voted this election in ways that suggest that they have little knowledge of our fantasy politics.  If so, I have missed it in all the “sound and fury, signifying nothing”, that has been generated on this issue.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2004, 07:04:51 PM »

To stop an argument before it starts, I don't know who contacted MichaelZ and told him to vote, and people may say he hasn't been active enough, but the same thing can be said of Mr. Fresh, but I have no problem with people like that voting, even if they aren't active here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2004, 07:06:52 PM »

Well, I've seen nothing but opposition from you regarding my membership and activity here.

Well let's look at the past...

You join in July and disappear until late October. You post in early November and then disappear until late Novemeber.

I've never been opposed to your membership. I've never been opposed to your activity. Don't try putting words in my mouth. What I've called into question is the your controversial registration here and my belief that we won't see much of you after this election. Now you'll try to make me look foolish, post more often and that's fine with me actually. As long as someone contributes to the forum instead of voting and disappearing, I am happy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2004, 07:10:14 PM »

You have always struck me as someone who is both principled and partisan, but one who is more concerned with partisanship than principle.  I haven't see you rage at the low post voters with blue avatars with anything like what you have done against low post Red avatars.  At the most, you have caught your breath between anti-red avatar rants with some generic rants, but I don't see you crying out against LesterMaddox, Moorein08, or even George W. Bush specifically, all of who are low-post blue avatars that voted this election in ways that suggest that they have little knowledge of our fantasy politics.  If so, I have missed it in all the “sound and fury, signifying nothing”, that has been generated on this issue.

I'm more concerned about about partisanship over principle? Well guess what, Ernest? I did speak out against Moorein08's vote. I said that this was something we did not need starting up again. That stuff gets me angry, Ernest, and I don't need you nor anyone else telling me that I don't care if it happens within my party. I have also spoken out against preferential voting even when it was not in the best interest of my party so I'd appreciate it if you held back on your comments about how I am more partisan when it comes to these issues.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2004, 07:25:29 PM »

You join in July and disappear until late October. You post in early November and then disappear until late Novemeber.

I've never been opposed to your membership. I've never been opposed to your activity. Don't try putting words in my mouth. What I've called into question is the your controversial registration here and my belief that we won't see much of you after this election. Now you'll try to make me look foolish, post more often and that's fine with me actually. As long as someone contributes to the forum instead of voting and disappearing, I am happy.

I will agree, my earlier habits of visiting were quite erratic, but I'm here now, and I've gotten enough involved that I don't plan on stopping my activity here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2004, 07:25:54 PM »

I'm more concerned about about partisanship over principle? Well guess what, Ernest? I did speak out against Moorein08's vote. I said that this was something we did not need starting up again. That stuff gets me angry, Ernest, and I don't need you nor anyone else telling me that I don't care if it happens within my party. I have also spoken out against preferential voting even when it was not in the best interest of my party so I'd appreciate it if you held back on your comments about how I am more partisan when it comes to these issues.

I guess I missed your comment on Moorein08.  Given the volume here, that's understandable, but the one or two comments you have made on him certainly do not come close to the number of comments you have made on red avatar voters.  As for your anti-preferential voting stand, I consider that an example of your high degree of partisanship.  By refusing to support other candidates thru the use of second preferences, you are essentially saying if your candidate doesn't win, you don't care who wins because they are aren't who you want to win.  The optimum strategy for partisans that don't care for alliances with the center is to force centrists to have to decide between the left or the right, which is what not using second preferences does.  Hence, viewed objectively, given what I perceive of your politics, Keystone Phil, not using preferential voting is something you find beneficial to your cause, not harmful.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2004, 07:26:25 PM »

I don't plan on stopping my activity here.

Good. That's all I ask.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2004, 07:33:35 PM »

I guess I missed your comment on Moorein08.  Given the volume here, that's understandable, but the one or two comments you have made on him certainly do not come close to the number of comments you have made on red avatar voters. 

As for your anti-preferential voting stand, I consider that an example of your high degree of partisanship.  By refusing to support other candidates thru the use of second preferences, you are essentially saying if your candidate doesn't win, you don't care who wins because they are aren't who you want to win.  The optimum strategy for partisans that don't care for alliances with the center is to force centrists to have to decide between the left or the right, which is what not using second preferences does.  Hence, viewed objectively, given what I perceive of your politics, Keystone Phil, not using preferential voting is something you find beneficial to your cause, not harmful.

True my comments about Dems doing this have been more frequent because I haven't seen Republicans making up members, posing as someone else and trying to register as a voter.

As for my anti-preferential voting stance, it has nothing to do with partisanship. Even if it would hurt a Republican, I would not suggest preferential voting because I believe the system would unfairly hurt the opposition. So, in all cases, I am opposed to it. I don't see where the partisanship is and frankly I don't care if you can find it. I'm opposed to it because it is unfair, not because I am "high degree" partisan
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2004, 07:45:50 PM »

Good. That's all I ask.

That was all I had said the entire time, yet you still insisted that it be an issue, where there was none.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2004, 07:47:42 PM »

Good. That's all I ask.

That was all I had said the entire time, yet you still insisted that it be an issue, where there was none.

No there clearly was an issue. It's called "Look at the past." Your history is very similar to that of TomatoSoup's (a friend of Akno's off the forum). But as long as your plan on staying active and not just returning for a vote every couple of months, I'm happy.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2004, 07:57:24 PM »

In other news, a full-scale brawl has broken out in front of the studio between the Vice-President and a young Democrat.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »

Quiet down folks, they tape The Jerry Springer Show accross the street!!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2004, 08:05:46 PM »

In other news, a full-scale brawl has broken out in front of the studio between the Vice-President and a young Democrat.

I don't know what false information MANN is reporting now (it seems to be a hobby) but the Vice President is at his residence in Northeast Philadelphia, getting ready to watch the Eagles game with his laptop by his side (watching the election returns). It is my hope that MANN stops reporting false news stories.

Tongue
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2004, 08:10:31 PM »

I don't know what false information MANN is reporting now (it seems to be a hobby) but the Vice President is at his residence in Northeast Philadelphia, getting ready to watch the Eagles game with his laptop by his side (watching the election returns). It is my hope that MANN stops reporting false news stories.

Tongue

And the "young democrat' is feverishly trying to finish an english paper XD
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2004, 08:26:30 PM »

Fine. Both are at home "working", but they are really fighting each other in a brutal online battle game.

BTW, Keystone, as VP, couldn't you get tickets?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2004, 08:31:26 PM »

I could have gotten tickets since I am VP but I'd like to enjoy the game within the comfort of my own home. Plus, this VP has school tomorrow Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2004, 08:33:16 PM »

I could have gotten tickets since I am VP but I'd like to enjoy the game within the comfort of my own home. Plus, this VP has school tomorrow Smiley

Same here. I am hoping there was no correlation between my staying up late Thursday on election eve and me being confused on a math test on Friday Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2004, 08:35:07 PM »

Same here. I am hoping there was no correlation between my staying up late Thursday on election eve and me being confused on a math test on Friday Smiley

I had a math test on Friday, too. I'm not very good at math but I think I did ok  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies