PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:09:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 93039 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2005, 05:58:08 PM »

The Democrats (Flyers and danwxman especially) refuse to admit Castor would cut into Rendell's margins in the SE.  At the same time, they peddle the lie that Rendell is strong out west.

Exactly. Now Terry Madonna is saying that Rendell will have a strong challenger and our PA Dems always used his analysis. I wonder what they'll say now.

Castor will cut into Rendell's Montco margin from Rendell +36 to say anywhere between Rendell +22 to +28.  Bruce Castor is a popular DA, but DA's are surely treated differently when running for an executive or legilsative office.  Rendell has star power. 
You must be logged in to read this quote.

How mature.

Rendell Republicans went for Kerry and will surely go for their man again- Ed Rendell. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »

The Democrats (Flyers and danwxman especially) refuse to admit Castor would cut into Rendell's margins in the SE.  At the same time, they peddle the lie that Rendell is strong out west.

Exactly. Now Terry Madonna is saying that Rendell will have a strong challenger and our PA Dems always used his analysis. I wonder what they'll say now.

Castor will cut into Rendell's Montco margin from Rendell +36 to say anywhere between Rendell +22 to +28.  Bruce Castor is a popular DA, but DA's are surely treated differently when running for an executive or legilsative office.  Rendell has star power. 

How mature.

Rendell Republicans went for Kerry and will surely go for their man again- Ed Rendell. 

You are a hack. It has nothing to do with maturity. It's the truth.

The 2002 Rendell Republicans have no reason to go for Rendell if their one of their heros is running for Governor. You really don't understand how popular Castor is amongst Montco Republicans. You really have no idea.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2005, 06:09:36 PM »

How am I a hack?  I am a little nervous about Rendell, but not that much.  A lot can happen between now and 2006.  Why the hate for him?  It really beats me! 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2005, 06:13:25 PM »

How am I a hack?  I am a little nervous about Rendell, but not that much.  A lot can happen between now and 2006.  Why the hate for him?  It really beats me! 

I don't hate you. It just seems like your part of the hack pack when it comes to Rendell. Would you agree with Mr. Madonna that Rendell will likely have a strong GOP challenger?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2005, 04:31:04 AM »

Let's reach a compromise here:

You're both hacks Grin

j/k
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2005, 04:44:43 AM »

Phil,

Maybe Castor cuts Rendell's lead in Montco decently...

but visit Bucks...and ask who Castor is...

they'll say...Bruce who?

IIRC, Castor's a graduate of my college...and no one here knows who the hell he is...
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2005, 01:31:03 PM »

As a Montco resident, I'd predict Rendell would win the county by 20 points over Castor and I'd honestly be surprised if Rendell won by any less than 15.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2005, 03:12:30 PM »

Swann for Governor! Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2005, 04:21:52 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

IIRC, Castor's a graduate of my college...and no one here knows who the hell he is...

He'd do much better than Fisher and unite the local Republican parties. Look at Montco. The GOP is crumbling there. There is one figure who unites them: Bruce Castor. He'd do very well out there. I guess nini hasn't been to the GOP conventions in Montco. They really do love him.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2005, 05:04:57 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

He'd do much better than Fisher and unite the local Republican parties. Look at Montco. The GOP is crumbling there. There is one figure who unites them: Bruce Castor. He'd do very well out there. I guess nini hasn't been to the GOP conventions in Montco. They really do love him.

You're still talking about montco republicans...which are just a plurality in the county...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2005, 05:06:48 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

You're still talking about montco republicans...which are just a plurality in the county...

They still have the power to turn the whole race around. Rendell having to defend parts of the SE is a big danger warning for him.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2005, 06:46:19 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

And a good number also love Rendell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2005, 06:47:43 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

If the Republicans in Montco have to choose between Rendell and Castor, it's definetley lean towards Castor. I've seen this stuff first hand at a Montco GOP convention. He's very popular.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2005, 06:48:52 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

If the Republicans in Montco have to choose between Rendell and Castor, it's definetley lean towards Castor. I've seen this stuff first hand at a Montco GOP convention. He's very popular.

Well I've never been to a Montco GOP Convention (or any GOP Convention for that matter), but I stand by my prediction.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2005, 06:51:25 PM »

Phil,

they'll say...Bruce who?

Well I've never been to a Montco GOP Convention (or any GOP Convention for that matter), but I stand by my prediction.

There's no way that someone that popular amongst his own party would lose by the amount you predicted. Republicans are the reason why Rendell beat Fisher so badly in Montco. That doesn't even come close to happening against Castor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2005, 12:47:06 PM »

Make sure you look at this analysis of why Rendell will be defeated in 2006. Now I know it's written by a Young Republican leader but there are some poll numbers included and other issues that clearly hurt Rendell.

http://politicspa.com/FEATURES/gsterns.htm
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »

Make sure you look at this analysis of why Rendell will be defeated in 2006. Now I know it's written by a Young Republican leader but there are some poll numbers included and other issues that clearly hurt Rendell.

Why is Rendell leading the Republican challengers by 20 points then?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2005, 01:16:23 PM »

Why is Rendell leading the Republican challengers by 20 points then?

It might have something to do with people not knowing who they are yet. The main point is that he's not in great shape going into this election. While he'd beat Piccola or Scranton, he'd have a tough race against Castor or Swann. Get a decent candidate and add the fact that these races are referendums on the incumbent and you have Ed Rendell out of office.
danwxman

« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2005, 08:30:44 PM »

In the interest of being fair and balanced, which you are clearly not, here is the other article: http://www.politicspa.com/FEATURES/gettel.htm
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2005, 07:39:17 PM »

In the interest of being fair and balanced, which you are clearly not, here is the other article: http://www.politicspa.com/FEATURES/gettel.htm

I'm clearly not fair and balanced because I didn't go searching for a Pro Rendell article? Good one. What do you have to say about Terry Maddona's comments that Rendell will have a tough challenge in 2006? I know you loved to quote him in the past.
danwxman

« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2005, 11:10:46 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2005, 11:15:51 PM by danwxman »

I'm clearly not fair and balanced because I didn't go searching for a Pro Rendell article? Good one. What do you have to say about Terry Maddona's comments that Rendell will have a tough challenge in 2006? I know you loved to quote him in the past.

They were companion articles on PoliticsPA.com. And usually you post every article about 2006 on here, but you skipped that one. I wonder why.

Also, I would like to see an actual quote from Terry Madonna. His column on PoliticsPA (http://politicspa.com/FEATURES/uncorrected.htm) says the GOP "thinks" they have a chance.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2005, 02:01:14 AM »

They were companion articles on PoliticsPA.com. And usually you post every article about 2006 on here, but you skipped that one. I wonder why.

Also, I would like to see an actual quote from Terry Madonna. His column on PoliticsPA (http://politicspa.com/FEATURES/uncorrected.htm) says the GOP "thinks" they have a chance.

Phil actually think Rendell is going to be beat.  He would love it if Pat Toomey were Resuurected from the Dead to chalenge Ed Rendell.  He actually thinks Toomey would win I bet.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2005, 09:44:21 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2005, 10:13:18 AM by J. J. »

I've read both, but I noted in the the second:

This violates J. J. Second Rule:  "When a politician or activist talks about a large group of voters that, a. aren't being polled, or b. really going to turn out and swing the election, there is no such group."   

Some of what he cites is valid, but this point is not one of them.  I'm far from predicting a Rendell disaster, but it is far too early to get tickets to the Rendell inaugral ball.

I'll jump back in and add that Casey could actually supress liberal turnout, especially with pro-choice groups.  They may see no difference between the two candidates and stay home.  That hurts both Casey and Rendell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2005, 05:20:15 PM »

Phil actually think Rendell is going to be beat.  He would love it if Pat Toomey were Resuurected from the Dead to chalenge Ed Rendell.  He actually thinks Toomey would win I bet.

It's certainly possible. Sorry I don't fall into the "Love Rendell and ignore every other factor" category. Seeing as Toomey isn't "dead" I don't see how he'd be resurrected. He's one of the most known faces in conservative politics and yes he could win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2005, 05:22:32 PM »

Hmmmmm....now could it be because the article against Rendell was posted before? I think so. Also, I believe I've only posted one article about 2006 from PoliticsPA that was favoring the Republicans.

His column there says the GOP thinks they have a chance but his own words on a local political talk show were, "Rendell will have a strong challenge." Please explain that one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies