Office of Governor A-Bob
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor A-Bob
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Governor A-Bob  (Read 9091 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »

All new Assemblymembers, please swear in if you have not done so already. Can we get a vote for Speaker going?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »

The following bill has passed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »

The following bill has passed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Governor A-Bob
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »

Attention Mideast citizens, I goofed on the text to one of our amendments, the incorrect text both has been DELETED. Please VOTE in the NEW registration requirement booth with the CORRECT language.

Thanks you
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »

ATTENTION

President tmth will not be taking his Senate seat. If you are interested in the appointment to the Mideast Senate seat to fill out this fill term, please contact me immedately.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2011, 11:04:35 AM »

Since the Mideast Senator will be serving for the entire term, I ask that the Governor, if at all possible, call for a special election to fill the seat.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »

Since the Mideast Senator will be serving for the entire term, I ask that the Governor, if at all possible, call for a special election to fill the seat.
I believe the law states the Governor makes an appointment - something similar happened 2 years ago.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »

I will be making a Senate appointment as specified by law today.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »

Statement 10

Because President Tmth has decided not to take his Senate seat, by law I am to appoint a citizen to fill the position. Thank you first of all, to all those who contacted me about the possibility, it is great to see your commitment to the region.

I have consulted President Tmth on the matter since it was to be his seat. We have agreed on an up and coming Mideast citizen. I have no doubt he will serve us proudly in the Senate. While he is newer than most of us, he already has shown a deep commitment to the region and has been following government debates.

I am proud to announce our next Mideast Senator, ZuWo!

Governor A-Bob
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »

Statement from ZuWo, the appointed Senator from the Mideast

I want to seize this moment to thank Governor A-Bob for giving me this unique opportunity to serve our wonderful region on the federal level. I imagine most of you are extremely surprised, to say the least, that the Governor has appointed me, a political greenhorn, to the Senate. Nevertheless, let me assure you all that I will do my very best to be a conservative voice in the Senate, to work hard and to be active. I am aware of the fact that, since I am relatively new to Atlasia, there is a lot for me to learn. Clearly, I am willing to do what it takes to become a Senator our party and region can be content with. I am thankful for any support that I will receive during my term.

Had someone approached me a week ago, when I was still considering a bid for the Mideast Assembly, and told me that I would become a Senator in a couple of days, I would have shaken my head in amazement. Unfortunately, recent events surrounding our valued friend and President Tmthforu have made it impossible for him to take the office to which he was elected by a truly impressive margin. In fact, I am sincere when I say that I would rather see him than myself serve in the Senate, and therefore I hope Tmthforu will remain an influential political figure both in our region and in the whole country. Indeed, I warmly thank him for his support and advice and wish him all the best in his future endeavors.     

Thus, to cut a long story short: I am looking forward to cooperating with my fellow Senators both from the right and the left in order to make Atlasia an even better place. Smiley

Unfortunately, one my first official actions will be posting a leave of absence for one week due to a vacation, but more about that later.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »

You remind me of where I was 2 years ago - a newbie, appointed by a Governor, to serve a full term because the person who was originally elected couldn't take office. Wink Pretty ironic, if you ask me.

You have a bright future, ZuWu. I look forward to see this Freshmen class (ZuWu, Fuzzy, and Napoleon) make an impact in the Senate.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »

Congratulations ZuWo, and good luck. I look forward to watching you serve our region with honor and dignity in the months to come Smiley.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »

You remind me of where I was 2 years ago - a newbie, appointed by a Governor, to serve a full term because the person who was originally elected couldn't take office. Wink Pretty ironic, if you ask me.

You have a bright future, ZuWu. I look forward to see this Freshmen class (ZuWu, Fuzzy, and Napoleon) make an impact in the Senate.

The parallel is uncanny.

I congratulate the appointee on him having been selected. I look forward to ZuWo joining the Senate once the new term begins tomorrow, at noon.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2011, 03:12:43 PM »

Thank you all for your wishes; the parallel you draw is flattering, yet challenging at the same time. Undoubtedly, it encourages me to be committed to my office.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »

Good luck. My office is down the hall if you need anything. Knock twice and listen for my voice if the door is closed.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »

Sorry guys, but ZuWo is not eligible for this position in accordance with Article 1, Section 1 of the Constitution. He has not attained 200 posts.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

Sorry guys, but ZuWo is not eligible for this position in accordance with Article 1, Section 1 of the Constitution. He has not attained 200 posts.

That damn constitution..hehe Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »

I was going to point this out. It is funny because Tmth was whining about how inexperienced I was and I served two Assembly terms, once as Speaker. The hypocrisy is unsettling.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »

I was going to point this out. It is funny because Tmth was whining about how inexperienced I was and I served two Assembly terms, once as Speaker. The hypocrisy is unsettling.

Napoleon, your personal vendetta against Tmthforu94 is unsettling.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »

This.  I would prefer it if you and Tmth got over it and moved on.  The bickering does little in addressing important issues.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »

This.  I would prefer it if you and Tmth got over it and moved on.  The bickering does little in addressing important issues.
I've been over it for quite a while, and tried being nothing but positive and helpful towards Napoleon the past few days. I do find this comment made by him interesting, to say the least. I think you were experienced enough, Napoleon, I just said it would be harder for you to understand why certain things are done (Such as RG and SoFE being separate positions) since it occurred a long time ago, and you weren't around then. I would have said the same thing to ZuWu, Cincinattus, or any other newbie who would say that. 
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »

Your vendetta occuring in my office is unsettling
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »

I do not think you have been positive or helpful to me. Your actions from my point of view are condescending and rude.

I'm also surprised to see my truthful statements characterized as a personal vendetta. You'd think I was the one threatening fourteen year olds and boasting of my power and influence by reading the comments in this thread.

I understand Tmthforu has built himself something of a nice guy reputation but I have not had the pleasure of seeing this side of Tmthforu. Mr. President-- if you are over it, why did you attack my character by accusing me of saying you were too stupid to attend college? If you are serious about being positive towards me, you will need to do better because thus far your attempts have felt fake and I have taken them as insults. You have, on occasion, contacted me via private message and disregarded my responseas to you and continued to spread misinformation about me. That is hard for me to respect, and you ignored me when I brought that up in public.

To the others in this thread: I felt compelled to mention the hypocrisy of the President and the double standard he uses to determine Senate qualifications, presumably based on partisanship. I will stand by my comments and hopefully neither of us need to say anything more. Also, I apologize to A-Bob for creating a distraction in his office thread.

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »

If you two don't take this elsewhere I'm bringing security and also Yankee with his pistols while telling him you two are trying to get the Senate to join in this mass resignation government chaos Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »

I contacted you last night, trying to be very helpful, giving you possible reforms to make once you become a Senator. One rude thing I did do to you was the misinterpretations of several statements you made back at the start of this campaign, and I apologized for those to you privately long ago. If you're still bitter about that, which you seem to be, I'm sorry.

You've been nothing but cruel and abrasive the past few days towards me, filling quite a few threads on this forum with your hateful words. You've questioned my intelligence and called me names. Saying "If you ever go to college" alone may not have been implying you didn't think I'd go to college, and I did include the word "may" in my response, simply because I wasn't sure, but since you had already questioned my intelligence previously, how was I to be certain?

Once again, there is no double standard I use here, and you obviously didn't read my post above this, or you would have seen that. There are many newbies who would do well in the Senate, but may need some guidance from older members, whom through past experiences, have learned what works and what doesn't. And simply put, some of the ideas you were suggested have been done in the past, and didn't work. I was merely pointing that out.

A-Bob, I'm sorry for responding to Napoleon's attacks in your thread. I was hoping this all was behind us, but apparently it is not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies