Office of Governor A-Bob
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:37:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor A-Bob
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Governor A-Bob  (Read 9093 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2011, 10:14:54 PM »

I contacted you last night, trying to be very helpful, giving you possible reforms to make once you become a Senator. One rude thing I did do to you was the misinterpretations of several statements you made back at the start of this campaign, and I apologized for those to you privately long ago. If you're still bitter about that, which you seem to be, I'm sorry.

You've been nothing but cruel and abrasive the past few days towards me, filling quite a few threads on this forum with your hateful words. You've questioned my intelligence and called me names. Saying "If you ever go to college" alone may not have been implying you didn't think I'd go to college, and I did include the word "may" in my response, simply because I wasn't sure, but since you had already questioned my intelligence previously, how was I to be certain?

Once again, there is no double standard I use here, and you obviously didn't read my post above this, or you would have seen that. There are many newbies who would do well in the Senate, but may need some guidance from older members, whom through past experiences, have learned what works and what doesn't. And simply put, some of the ideas you were suggested have been done in the past, and didn't work. I was merely pointing that out.

A-Bob, I'm sorry for responding to Napoleon's attacks in your thread. I was hoping this all was behind us, but apparently it is not.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

Here is the thing: you apologized before you told others that my position was something I had explained in detail to you that it wasn't. I am not bitter about it, but it does tell me volumes about your character. Calling my last post an attack, saying I'm bitter or cruel or abrasive, even hateful,  and other frequent negative portrayals and victim-crying are neither positive nor helpful.

It is obvious to all that you don't like me but I am done with this childish back and forth. You should focus on the forthcoming trial and allow me to focus on serving my region. Anything else does not matter. As a final statement, I'd like to ask your supporters not to trivialize the seriousness of what occurred last weekend. Significant wronging was done and that should be recognized.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2011, 11:02:01 PM »

*Pulls out pistol, shoots in the air*

You two OUT OF THE OFFICE!

I'm trying to inform the public and who will take the senate seat, take your fighting elsewhere
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2011, 01:40:57 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2011, 01:44:06 AM by ZuWo »

Sorry guys, but ZuWo is not eligible for this position in accordance with Article 1, Section 1 of the Constitution. He has not attained 200 posts.

That damn constitution..hehe Tongue

My words ... Tongue

My senate career may have been ... well ... somewhat short-lived, but I'm glad the error was pointed out BEFORE I took my office. Fortunately, there is no shortage of good candidates in the Mideast. Smiley Good luck to my "successor"!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2011, 02:52:51 AM »

I'm trying to inform the public and who will take the senate seat, take your fighting elsewhere

Put the gun down and pick up the constitution Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2011, 07:27:06 AM »

Just be lucky he fired his in the air. Mine can't be done so. So if it goes off... tsk tsk tsk.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2011, 07:32:31 AM »

If you two don't take this elsewhere I'm bringing security and also Yankee with his pistols while telling him you two are trying to get the Senate to join in this mass resignation government chaos Tongue

Sorry, I have my own front to maintain over at Survey Atlasia. Perhaps I can interest you in a a smoothbore "Napoleon"? Wink I can gurrantee its an authentic gun that saw action in repulsing Picket's charge. Actually I picked up from some old man who hadn't the faintest idea where it come from. Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

I hereby appoint Assemblymember officepark to fill out President Tmth's term in the Senate. This is very legal Tongue Goodnight

Governor A-Bob
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2011, 03:31:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was defending the region. No need to thank me Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »

Statement 11

There will be a vacancy in the Assembly. Please contact me if you would like to be appointed to fill out the last 3 weeks of officepark's term.

Governor A-Bob
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2011, 03:55:28 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

I hereby appoint Assemblymember officepark to fill out President Tmth's term in the Senate. This is very legal Tongue Goodnight

Governor A-Bob

Congratulations on appointing one of the most active members of the Assembly Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

Governor A-Bob

Congratulations on appointing one of the most active members of the Assembly Wink

Hey, you coulda PMed me Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2011, 04:09:59 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

Governor A-Bob

You could have asked, if you genuinly had me in mind Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

Governor A-Bob

Oo that was good. But still there wasn't that great an interest in the region for the seat. Though I expect our next Assembly election will be the beginning of a new extremely active political era with up and coming citizens.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

Governor A-Bob

Oo that was good. But still there wasn't that great an interest in the region for the seat. Though I expect our next Assembly election will be the beginning of a new extremely active political era with up and coming citizens.

The problem is, you and I know this was planned out anyway because we have access to the same board. Same with the soon to be appointed Assembly member.

It is dishonest to publically advertise for some posts, when we both know that someone is already in line for it.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

Governor A-Bob

The problem is, you and I know this was planned out anyway because we have access to the same board. Same with the soon to be appointed Assembly member.

It is dishonest to publically advertise for some posts, when we both know that someone is already in line for it.

I'm still open to a change a plans. If you haven't noticed, these last 24 hours have had drastic changes. And usually no one contacts me anyways for posts, for instance Superior Court vacany, or Shua's short Assembly vacancy. Of course I'll plan ahead when there's a select few that step up to the plate.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »

I'm still open to a change a plans. If you haven't noticed, these last 24 hours have had drastic changes. And usually no one contacts me anyways for posts, for instance Superior Court vacany, or Shua's short Assembly vacancy. Of course I'll plan ahead when there's a select few that step up to the plate.

I understand the use of the private board for internal party nomination and election matters. Absolutely. But to publically advertise for political posts in your position as Governor (regardless of expected uptake) but organise the filling of these posts through the private RPP board is dishonest.

That is why I said if you genuinely had me in mind you could have asked; because I knew that you didn't; you wanted a reliable conservative voice in the Senate. Officepark, one of two choices noted in the board subsequently accepted.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »

I understand the use of the private board for internal party nomination and election matters. Absolutely. But to publically advertise for political posts in your position as Governor (regardless of expected uptake) but organise the filling of these posts through the private RPP board is dishonest.

That is why I said if you genuinely had me in mind you could have asked; because I knew that you didn't; you wanted a reliable conservative voice in the Senate. Officepark, one of two choices noted in the board subsequently accepted.

Tmth was elected as a conservative to the Senate, I felt it was only right to appoint a conservative I know was surely legal so we did not repeat the same thing with ZuWo and once again I went to Tmth to ask who he would like. Considering it was his seat, I held his opinion and picks in high regard and went with his judgement in pool. I don't see how it's dishonest to try to find a second pick when extremely few people wanted it, yes of course I was looking for a conservative to fill a conservative seat, hence the posts on the forum.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2011, 07:18:25 PM »

Statement 10 Part B

Governor A-Bob

Thank you, Governor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2011, 09:19:08 PM by Tmthforu94 »

I think someone really wants to be appointed something, they should ask, instead of waiting to be approached. As having experience twice in an executive position, I know how tough it can be to fill positions, and I'd usually try and reward those who took initiative.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »

Also, congratulations are due to Officepark! He has shown commitment and dedication to the region for years in the Assembly, and I have know doubt he'll represent the Mideast with dignity in the Senate. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »

Eww.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »

Statement 12

I hereby appoint MOPolitico to the Mideast Assembly. He is a remarkable up and coming member in the Mideast and I look forward to working with him in this legislative session.

Governor A-Bob
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

Thank you for the appointment, Governor. I promise that neither you nor the people of the Mideast will be disappointed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »

Another great appointment, Governor! Smiley It's great to see newbies excited to take part in our regional government.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies