What Senator in 2016 do you most want to see lose?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 05:13:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What Senator in 2016 do you most want to see lose?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: What Senator in 2016 do you most want to see lose?  (Read 19264 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2010, 09:22:50 AM »

Phil, most of your response could be summed up by saying "But Toomey won!" Sure he did---with less than 51% of the vote in the biggest GOP wave in over half a century.

I had to check some other results a few minutes ago and decided to double check the Senate numbers. I'm glad you brought this up, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed that Toomey is now at 52%.  Wink

http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=13&ElectionID=39&OfficeID=2

51.6% according to your link. Tongue I was going by the Atlas result of 50.97%. But really? Now you're relying on a less than 2/3 percent difference in the final tally to support your argument? Really?

Re: Sotomeyer, that's exactly my point: Candidate Toomey will "support" Obama's Supreme Court nominees that he'll never actually have to vote on; Senator Toomey probably never will. Any pretext of "moderate tendencies" from Mr. 98% ACU Voting Record is electioneering sham. Still not 100% sure about DADT repeal though. I'd still bet he'll back the GOP caucus rather than display independence, but wouldn't bet the farm.

Phil, obviously Toomey's 3% victory in the biggest GOP wave in over 50 years has convinced you that PA has a secret affinity for right wingers to the point that neither I, nor anyone short of a vision of the Madonna, will convince you otherwise. Great, go with that. Even without the Dem's f-ing up their primary or 16 being another GOP year, maybe Toomey will be such a great senator that he'll break the 60+ year record for conservative federal candidates and win 54% next time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »

Phil, most of your response could be summed up by saying "But Toomey won!" Sure he did---with less than 51% of the vote in the biggest GOP wave in over half a century.

I had to check some other results a few minutes ago and decided to double check the Senate numbers. I'm glad you brought this up, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed that Toomey is now at 52%.  Wink

http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=13&ElectionID=39&OfficeID=2

51.6% according to your link. Tongue I was going by the Atlas result of 50.97%. But really? Now you're relying on a less than 2/3 percent difference in the final tally to support your argument? Really?

Well, if you saw my other arguments it might not be at 52% (yes, I'm going to round up like everyone else would). If it really is that high, yes, I'm going to throw that in there after you said he didn't even get to 51%.  Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Again, why would he do it as "electioneering" on an issue that was hardly covered and would only irritate the base? It doesn't make sense.

I don't know what you can be "100% sure about." He said he'd support a repeal of DADT. Are you questioning whether or not he said it?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You can get sarcastic with me all you want. The point remains that Toomey won when so many said he never would and now have to desperately try to spin why this was some fluke.

I never said Pennsylvania has a secret affinity for right wingers. It's funny to see you so bitter that you insist on putting words in my mouth. My entire argument here has been this is a swing state, not a strong lean Dem state like you have argued. I think I've made my argument very well. You, on the other hand, clearly haven't and have resorted to childish antics.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »

Harry Reid but maybe he'll retire that year.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2010, 02:19:14 PM »

Stop trolling.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2010, 12:52:07 AM »

someone answering the question posed by the topic is trolling?
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.77, S: -4.52

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »

Rand Paul.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »

someone answering the question posed by the topic is trolling?

Yes.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »

Ron Johnson, beyond question.  I'm hoping for a rematch between him and Russ Feingold.  
nkpatel1279
United States

« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »

Republican US Senator up for re-election in 2016 who is most likely to lose re-election.
Mark Kirk(R-IL)- high single digit/low double digit loss  against Lisa Madigan.
narrow to high single digit loss against Dan Hynes, Rahm Emanuel, Sheila Simon, Mike Quigley or Arne Duncan.
narrow victory against Giannoulias or Jackson Jr.
Democratic US Senator up for re-election in 2016 who is most likely to lose re-election. Harry Reid-NV if Republicans nominate a top tier challenger ie Brian Sandoval or Dean Heller or Joe Heck.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »

Ron Johnson, beyond question.  I'm hoping for a rematch between him and Russ Feingold.  

Agreed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies