Alaska Absentee/Write-in/Provisional Count
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:45:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alaska Absentee/Write-in/Provisional Count
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Alaska Absentee/Write-in/Provisional Count  (Read 13666 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2010, 01:31:51 PM »

Of course I'm glad the asshole lost, but as Badger I'm not very hopeful about Murkowski either.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »

Hopefully the place where Miller bought his office drapes have a good refund policy.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »

See the link below the image??  Click it then scroll down
So how did they choose their sample?  Was it random?

Look at the first one.  Is that a "k" because you were checking to see whether it was an attempt to spell Murkowski, or because it looked like a "k'

It could be Muyauxi

The second is for Markowski

The fourth is for Muvkowski

The last is for Mxkauski
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 05:20:35 PM »

Look at the first one.  Is that a "k" because you were checking to see whether it was an attempt to spell Murkowski, or because it looked like a "k'

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Hmmm....a real mystery re: voter intent, for sure.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Its pretty obvious they all spell Murkowski, the Miller camp was just being penmanship whiners.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

What? Are you being serious? Surely they're all spelled correctly.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Its pretty obvious they all spell Murkowski, the Miller camp was just being penmanship whiners.
It is obvious if you want it to say Murkowski that it says Murkowski.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »

Imagine uou are the fancy pants election lawyer from Paton-Boggs who has been flown in for the count.  You're get paid $100s/hour plus expenses.  You're not doing your job if you don't create the impression that all votes were perfect.  So do you suggest that the newspaper do a FOI request for images of all ballots, or do you make sure a select few get published?

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Oh please hat a load of crap ( I was pulling for McAdams btw).  Fact of the matter is Miller's camp was trying to do whatever the hell it could in order to not count votes for Murkowski, including cases where it was spelled perfectly correctly, but the penmanship may not have been 100% to perfection.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2010, 06:06:06 AM »

Before anyone celebrates too quickly the victory of centerist sanity over tea partier extremism, let's not forget that Murkowski's primary loss was the scare of her career and will accordingly pull her hard to the right. Yes, its far better having her in office for 6 years than Miller, and I doubt she'll be so cowed as to pull a Romney and become anti-choice, but the liklihood of her supporting anything like S-CHIP extension again just dropped dramatically. Sad

What are you talking about?  She's going to make a hard left-turn once she gets back to Washington.  She owes he re-election to crossover liberal voters, and there's basically no chance she'll ever win a Republican primary ever again.  Why wouldn't she shift left, especially since Reid still controls the Congressional purse strings.

I'm not even sure she's going to cacaus with the Republicans right now.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2010, 08:27:02 AM »

Before anyone celebrates too quickly the victory of centerist sanity over tea partier extremism, let's not forget that Murkowski's primary loss was the scare of her career and will accordingly pull her hard to the right. Yes, its far better having her in office for 6 years than Miller, and I doubt she'll be so cowed as to pull a Romney and become anti-choice, but the liklihood of her supporting anything like S-CHIP extension again just dropped dramatically. Sad

What are you talking about?  She's going to make a hard left-turn once she gets back to Washington.  She owes he re-election to crossover liberal voters, and there's basically no chance she'll ever win a Republican primary ever again.  Why wouldn't she shift left, especially since Reid still controls the Congressional purse strings.

Liberals voted for McAdams.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »

I don't think she'll have any trouble winning the Republican Senate primary in 2016.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »

I don't think she'll have any trouble winning the Republican Senate primary in 2016.

I think she won't win that time. miller republicans were a majority this year, and they hate Murkowski. also, some of her voters in the primary voted for miller in the general... so I think she will run as an independent (I think they0re about 40% of alaskans)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2010, 12:00:36 PM »

I think she won't win that time. miller republicans were a majority this year, and they hate Murkowski. also, some of her voters in the primary voted for miller in the general... so I think she will run as an independent (I think they0re about 40% of alaskans)

It all depends on whether there is a viable and competent challenger, which Miller was not. Murkowski's problems aren't about ideology and won't result in her changing hers, to the best of my knowledge. It's about her being a Murkowski and various intra-party feuds.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »

Liberals voted for McAdams.

Which is of course why the combined "Republican" vote is over 70%.

Murkowski won because a considerable number of voters who would have supported McAdams supported her instead.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »

Which is of course why the combined "Republican" vote is over 70%.

To be fair, the question was "liberals," not "Democrats." I'm not sure that even hardcore Democrats make up 30% of Alaska, although they probably do; certainly liberals aren't anywhere near that. Republicans do very well statewide when they aren't under a cloud.

It's possible that some of Murkowski's margin may have come from people who otherwise wouldn't have supported her; I'd counter that by saying that some of Miller's votes came from low-information voters who voted the party and would happily have supported an incumbent Murkowski running as a Republican.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »

Parnell would probably challenge her in 2016
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2010, 04:27:12 PM »

Assuming he doesn't challenge Begich in 2014.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »

Parnell will challenge Begich in 2014.  Unless Palin does.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »

Assuming he doesn't challenge Begich in 2014.

Parnell will challenge Begich in 2014.  Unless Palin does.

Somewhere Don Young is smiling.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »

I think parnell will wait until 2016. I don't know why, but my guts say he will run against murky xD
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Oh please hat a load of crap ( I was pulling for McAdams btw).  Fact of the matter is Miller's camp was trying to do whatever the hell it could in order to not count votes for Murkowski, including cases where it was spelled perfectly correctly, but the penmanship may not have been 100% to perfection.
That's what you are supposed to do when you are challenging ballots in a close election.

Do you think that the Anchorage Daily News selected the 5 most borderline examples?
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2010, 08:55:53 AM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Ok and??  We know that, the discussion were the ballots highlighted in that other article which were clear as day all spelled Murkowski.

As an aside to this as this thing goes on, Demint seems to be speaking out of both sides of his mouth.  He made comments that he would welcome Murkowski back into the GOP last week if she wins (which is obvious at this point she did) but is still trying to raise money for Miller as he tries to challenge every last thing.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/21/104090/demint-murkowski-spat-shows-larger.html#ixzz1621gbddb
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »

It could be Muyauxi

The last is for Mxkauski

Ok and??  We know that, the discussion were the ballots highlighted in that other article which were clear as day all spelled Murkowski.
It indicates that the other sample was biased.

Pretend you are the Washington lawyer from Patton Boggs who has been hired for how many $100 or $1000/hour plus expenses to win the election for your client.  Part of your job is to create a public impression that Murkowski had won.   You didn't get hired because Lisa wanted to make sure that Joe got a fair shake.

Agreed?

The contested ballots had a continuum of discrepancies.  You are going to argue that those that were for "Lisa Minnelli" are really for Murkowski because the singer spells her first name with a "Z", and you are going to instruct your watchers to get pictures of the ballots on the
extreme edge and distribute those to the press.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies