Do you think the GOP will try to impeach Obama if they gain a majority?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:27:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you think the GOP will try to impeach Obama if they gain a majority?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Do you think the GOP will try to impeach Obama if they gain a majority?  (Read 13036 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:43 AM »

Simple as the question above.
With the rabid Tea Party wing of the GOP screaming for impeachment, and worse--Which I think makes for a much more politically heated climate than even the Clinton years--do any of you see the GOP at the very least TRYING to impeach Obama if they gain a majority this November? It doesn't have to happen immediately; It could happen anytime between January of next year and January 2013 or 2017.
It doesn't have to wait.

Texas Democrat Calls For Removal of Obama Now Under Terms of 25th Amendment

You don't often see a black Democrat calling for the impeachment of Obama.

IIRC that's the LaRouche woman.
Thom01
Rookie

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 11:52:59 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAH HA... no.

What has he done that's even remotely impeachment worthy?

I don't think we've gotten the full story on the whole Tony Rezko/Blago/Jackson Jr./Jarrett/SEIU thing yet, but then again we might not ever.
Not to mention the birth certificate controversy.

Yet, in response to the question posed: Why would they want to? The Dems have been the ruling elete's shill for the passage of communistic legislation for almost a century now. And there are just as many on the other side of the aisle who support this agenda as there are in the Jackass party.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 06:17:10 AM »

I don't think we've gotten the full story on the whole Tony Rezko/Blago/Jackson Jr./Jarrett/SEIU thing yet, but then again we might not ever.

Yet, in response to the question posed: Why would they want to? The Dems have been the ruling elete's shill for the passage of communistic legislation for almost a century now. And there are just as many on the other side of the aisle who support this agenda as there are in the Jackass party.

Oh, you're a birther. LOL
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 06:36:24 AM »

Some retarded hack who wants to garner some attention will probably try to.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »

With the rabid Tea Party wing of the GOP screaming for impeachment, and worse--Which I think makes for a much more politically heated climate than even the Clinton years--do any of you see the GOP at the very least TRYING to impeach Obama if they gain a majority this November? It doesn't have to happen immediately; It could happen anytime between January of next year and January 2013 or 2017.
It doesn't have to wait.

You can't even "impeach" someone under 25th amendment. Technically, Obama would remain president, while Biden would become Acting president.

In any case, this women watched too many episodes of 24. That's from the show's second season IIRC.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »

So in your world the US has been a communist country for a century? Interesting.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »

It doesn't have to wait.

IIRC that's the LaRouche woman.

The funny thing is how much of a ripoff of Obama's her site is in design style.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 12:21:24 PM »

On what grounds?

Unless he's committed a clearly impeachable offense, it would be a huge tactical error to even try.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »

Please tell me which sitting prominent pubs are calling for it if they gain a majority?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

Remember that most Republicans don't even believe Obama is constitutionally eligible.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »

Remember that most Republicans don't even believe Obama is constitutionally eligible.

There is zero chance they're going to formally take that position up in any kind of impeachment......none.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:05 PM »

Please tell me which sitting prominent pubs are calling for it if they gain a majority?
Darrell Issa?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

Darrell Issa?

If a whackjob like him is the only one, it's not going far.    But thanks.
Thom01
Rookie

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »

Not unless something really bad is discovered.
You mean able to be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, don't you.

A lot of credible facts have already been "discovered" about Barry's past that gives one pause to doubt his rhetorical claims. It's a matter of whether the powers that be are willing to take things beyond that stage and allow the media to disclose proof of the allegations.

For example, we've known for decades that John Kennedy was likely assassinated through a conspiratorial plot involving more people than just Lee Harvey Oswald. And CBS sNoose in a documentary proved back in 1964 that the three shot theory from the book depository building was virtually impossible to achieve with that Mannlicher carcano rifle in the time frame that was being looked at. The powers that be didn't want anything coming out that would disturb their scenario and the public's perception of it. And the same thing is happening here with Hussein Obama.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 05:44:43 PM »

Darrell Issa?

Issa will head the commitee that does the impeaching.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »

For example, we've known for decades that John Kennedy was likely assassinated through a conspiratorial plot involving more people than just Lee Harvey Oswald.

Yumkay.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »

Darrell Issa?

But c'mon TG, the end game is Issa will investigate everything from foreign policy to how much toilet paper the White House uses, but there's no desire amongst the pubs to go down in flames like they did with Clinton.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »

Darrell Issa?

But c'mon TG, the end game is Issa will investigate everything from foreign policy to how much toilet paper the White House uses, but there's no desire amongst the pubs to go down in flames like they did with Clinton.

If there were a God, he wouldn't be allowed to be chairman, but ...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »

Darrell Issa?

If there were a God, he wouldn't be allowed to be chairman, but ...

He got intimidated by Rush Limbaugh today, ala that Georgia Congressman a year ago. In the interview, Issa said he plans to investigate not only the Obama administration but also "some stuff that occured in the previous administration", citing how he had been "bullied six ways from sunday after he came out against Tarp, by the Bush Administration".

They will only impeach Obama if they find something illegal. If they do fine serious law breaking then they should do their consitutional duty and impeach him, otherwise, hell no.
WillK

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »

... there's no desire amongst the pubs to go down in flames like they did with Clinton.

Did they really go down in flames?   
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

... there's no desire amongst the pubs to go down in flames like they did with Clinton.

Did they really go down in flames?   

The GOP did hold both houses in 1998 so its not like it was a complete rejection of what had occured.

The survival of Clinton is more attributed to the brilliance and power of the Clinton's politically and the failure of the GOP to prevent the Dems from defining and setting the terms of the debate.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »

Treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors.  That's the Constitutional standard.  It's not about policy decisions, it's not even about any and everything that is illegal.  Where the office of the president is concerned, t's mostly about a proven direct betrayal of the country to a foreign power or acts that compromise the separation of powers in the government which the Constitution establishes. 

Of course, I stopped believing all Republican rhetoric about how much they care for the Constitution in 1998, when the Republicans used impeachment in an abjectly unconstitutional fashion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2010, 12:25:34 PM »

Well, if you're asking, will we have a Dennis Kucinich-esque attempt at impeachment with maybe 15+ reps?  Sure, it's possible quite likely.  Will we have a legitimate attempt (I'm talking even just 15+ 50+ representatives)? No.

Inks was close. I corrected it slightly for accuracy. Grin
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

I'm curious. Would any GOPher here approve of an impeachment of Warren Harding given what is now known about the extent of the Teapot Dome scandal?

and as a follow up.. What about the impeachment of Clinton?
Dgov
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »

I'm curious. Would any GOPher here approve of an impeachment of Warren Harding given what is now known about the extent of the Teapot Dome scandal?

and as a follow up.. What about the impeachment of Clinton?

From what I know of the Tea Pot Dome scandal, that wasn't Harding being corrupt so much as it was his cabinet being corrupt, so i wouldn't support it there.

As for Clinton, as someone who believes perjury is a big deal, I'd support it on those grounds.  As for the initial reason, not so much.  Private vices are perfectly fine in my book--it's just when they actually start to interfere with your job that they become relevant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies