Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:04:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia  (Read 21243 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »

That probably wasn't the way you should have answered that, Kal. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »

Every single person on that list has proven themselves capable, Tmth. Hashemite has been SoEA many times (and since when did Hashemite become not a moderate? he's championed a dozen different centrist parties here), Teddy is fantastic at his job, I've been AG before and been on the Court so I know law well, Badger is the best person we've got to be GM, Dr. Cynic has voiced his desire to be GM in the past and since he can't he makes a perfect candidate to at least work with the GM as SoIA.

Polnut is the only unknown quantity here to me, but only because I don't know him, and he's going to be Registrar General, for goodness sake. What political power does that office have that they need to put a blue avatar in there for?

Purple State and I put a communist in charge of Internal Affairs. Everyone in our initial cabinet, as far as I remember, voted for PS and I. We did it because we looked for the most competent candidates and they just happened to be those people. It wasn't intentional and I doubt it was intentional here.

There's no point in randomly picking people who oppose you if you don't think they'll do a good job.

So let's not try to jump on this incredibly silly complaint as a way to wedge people against each other like you are obviously trying to do. A "partisan" cabinet is not an inherently bad cabinet. And I fail to see what a bipartisan cabinet is good for anyway, honestly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2010, 03:42:29 PM »

Every single person on that list has proven themselves capable, Tmth. Hashemite has been SoEA many times (and since when did Hashemite become not a moderate? he's championed a dozen different centrist parties here), Teddy is fantastic at his job, I've been AG before and been on the Court so I know law well, Badger is the best person we've got to be GM, Dr. Cynic has voiced his desire to be GM in the past and since he can't he makes a perfect candidate to at least work with the GM as SoIA.

Polnut is the only unknown quantity here to me, but only because I don't know him, and he's going to be Registrar General, for goodness sake. What political power does that office have that they need to put a blue avatar in there for?

Purple State and I put a communist in charge of Internal Affairs. Everyone in our initial cabinet, as far as I remember, voted for PS and I. We did it because we looked for the most competent candidates and they just happened to be those people. It wasn't intentional and I doubt it was intentional here.

There's no point in randomly picking people who oppose you if you don't think they'll do a good job.

So let's not try to jump on this incredibly silly complaint as a way to wedge people against each other like you are obviously trying to do. A "partisan" cabinet is not an inherently bad cabinet. And I fail to see what a bipartisan cabinet is good for anyway, honestly.

I'm certainly not saying every decision made was bad, and I'm disappointed that you are suggesting that. I actually smiled when I saw you had been appointed, as I remember how good you one were as Attorney General. Smiley

I personally believe that it's great to have all sides working together, not just one side. Because if we seclude a huge portion of citizens, people will become uninterested and this game will decay. This game would lay waste if it came down to only liberals involved with no conservative opposition.

I believe Hashemite will do a great job, as he's done it before. I am mainly disappointed, however, in the axing of one of our greatest Atlasians, Afleitch. He's very qualified for the position and has probably been the best SoIA to date, making most of an otherwise useless position. While I'm not trying to suggest Dr. Cynic will be a poor SoIA, just saying you'd like a position doesn't mean you'd be good at it. Heck, I'd like to be President of the United States, but that doesn't mean I'd be good at it. (I'll take it a step further and say I wouldn't be Tongue)

I look forward to seeing what this administration to do, and I'll be extremely interested to see how much they try to involve the minority. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 04:05:03 PM by President-elect Fritz »

Guys, not a single member of the POP or of the RPP applied for a cabinet position with me, except for Teddy who has been retained.  So all of this whining about the lack of bi-partisanship is a little moot.

The decision of who to appoint as SOEA was a difficult one.  Both Ben and Hashemite have prior experience in the position, and both have done good work during their tenure.  In the end, I had to pick one of them, and I felt that Hashemite presented to me a more compelling argument for his appointment.

Regarding Afleitch, he did not indicate to me that he even wanted to be re-appointed.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

Guys, not a single member of the POP or of the RPP applied for a cabinet position with me, except for Teddy who has been retained.  So all of this whining about the lack of bi-partisanship is a little moot.

The decision of who to appoint as SOEA was a difficult one.  Both Ben and Hashemite have prior experience in the position, and both have done good work during their tenure.  In the end, I had to pick one of them, and I felt that Hashemite presented to me a more compelling argument for his appointment.

Regarding Afleitch, he did not indicate to me that he even wanted to be re-appointed.

I know that Ben had expressed a desire to stay on as SOEA... and although Afleitch didnt say anything, did you ask him if he wanted to stay on?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2010, 04:47:26 PM »

That's true Mr Vice President, you don't know me... Smiley

But this is a good strong cabinet. As Fritz has said, he was not approached by a POP or RPP nominee for any posts apart from Teddy.

But for the record, social moderate I'm not, but economic moderate I am.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »

I have no big problems with any of the picks really. It is a shame about Ben but Hashy is a competent and qualified successor. Afleitch was not as active and thus it is understandable why he did not apply why he probably didn't apply again

However-

Waiting until this thread become just another bitching fest...

Guys, the President-elect has a mandate and made his mind. That's all I can tell. Of course, you're free to question this and criticize.

I do have a problem with this. Statements like these are probably counterproductive to the administration's goals as they are likely to foment and motivate opposition. The word mandate is probably a poor choice. In the words of Jon Stewart, "You don't want to use that phrase, dude".
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »

With respect, I was not aware that I had to apply Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »

Guys, not a single member of the POP or of the RPP applied for a cabinet position with me, except for Teddy who has been retained.  So all of this whining about the lack of bi-partisanship is a little moot.

The decision of who to appoint as SOEA was a difficult one.  Both Ben and Hashemite have prior experience in the position, and both have done good work during their tenure.  In the end, I had to pick one of them, and I felt that Hashemite presented to me a more compelling argument for his appointment.

I was unaware current cabinet members had to reapply for the position. If you wanted to keep them on, I assume you could've simply asked them if they would continue their service.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2010, 06:20:06 PM »

I re-applied Tongue Rather be safe than sorry, or something.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

Also, I will represent the right within the government! Right-wingers should feel free to PM or AIM/MSN me their concerns. Even if I may not personally agree with it, I will bring it up.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2010, 06:31:04 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 06:32:59 PM by Venceremos »

Good to know that everybody seems to be overjoyed with my nomination.

I don't know where the stuff that I'll be a left-wing hack in office comes from, given that a) I'm centrist b) I've never led a left-wing hack foreign policy and c) my past tenure probably shows that I'm not a hack. It's not like SoEA is a position anybody cares much about, so I fail to see where the concern lays.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2010, 06:39:35 PM »

I reapplied as well, and was rejected in favor of Hashemite.

It's not like SoEA is a position anybody cares much about, so I fail to see where the concern lays.

Except that I was trying to make it a position people cared about, and you seem to have admitted defeat.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »

It's not like SoEA is a position anybody cares much about, so I fail to see where the concern lays.

Except that I was trying to make it a position people cared about, and you seem to have admitted defeat.

We can try, but realistically Atlasians will always care more about local and forum issues than external issues in such a game.

There's no need to be aggressive or pesky.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »

Easy now people Smiley

Can I wish my successor best of luck. I was accused of 'doing nothing' despite very much 'doing something'  (and had to make a post in rebuttal) in terms of supporting the President's legislative programme. I do hope my successor is not asked to simplify the tax code! That was an impossible task and the dogs dinner I came up with is not fit to grace the forum Tongue

All cabinet posts are what people make of them and certainly the wishes of the President have a big part in this. If the Presidency is active, then the Cabinet will be.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »

There's no need to be aggressive or pesky.

I'm not, I'm stating a fact.  You've basically given up on making the DoEA relevant, and that was, is, and will forever remain my #1 priority.  That's a major thing.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »

You've basically given up on making the DoEA relevant

I haven't. You don't know what I intend to do, and you certainly can't read my mind. Instead of saying stupid things, best thing is to wait and see what I actually propose and do. It certainly is not "a fact" that I've allegedly given up on the position, that's actually a stupid and pathetic lie.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »

I reapplied as well, and was rejected in favor of Hashemite.

Also, Ben was a vocal supporter of mine, and he was rejected.... isnt that odd? Hmmmmmm?! I think we need to get one of Atlasias least respected, and craziest reporters here to do an interview.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »

It certainly is not "a fact" that I've allegedly given up on the position, that's actually a stupid and pathetic lie.

You've said that people don't care about it; in your last term you gave up, you resigned before the end of your term (something I absolutely will not do), and you're statements are always pessimistic.  Forgive me for my lack of confidence.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »

This is probably something for people to remember for future reference.

As far as my qualifications for the job go, I was once a Senator and VP and I've been around the block a few times. I do have a few plans that I will speak about with the President and Badger upon taking office.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »

It certainly is not "a fact" that I've allegedly given up on the position, that's actually a stupid and pathetic lie.

You've said that people don't care about it; in your last term you gave up, you resigned before the end of your term (something I absolutely will not do), and you're statements are always pessimistic.  Forgive me for my lack of confidence.

kk, believe that if you want; but you could very well be proven wrong.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »

Smackdown, SoEA style... this is entertaining
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2010, 10:42:54 PM »

I feel like a smark. I know who's booked to win, but it's amusing anyway Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2010, 01:03:10 AM »

All this time I was wondering why I wasn't reelected. It must be because I didn't apply. Tongue

Aside from some jokes (or attempts to be funny, as above) I will refrain from publicly commenting on future administrations. My advice and consul will be provided in private, when requested, by any party, and people may do with it as they will.

I wish the incoming administration the best of luck. But don't forget I've still got a few days in office and I'm working on making something of it.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2010, 01:43:36 AM »

Best of luck to the incoming office-holders.

I find the application process interesting. Used to be the other way round - when did President's stop head-hunting for the best officers?

Anyway Mr Constine, I say return to your printing press or I shall have to cancel my subscription!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies