Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:26:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia  (Read 20923 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

Fellow Atlasians,

It is with great sadness that we have learned that our beloved President, Purple State, will not seek re-election. 

Purple State is by far one of Atlasia's greatest and most successful Presidents.  The leadership he has shown in the Constitutional Convention, game reform, and wiki management is beyond comparison.

Today, I announce that I will seek the office of President of Atlasia.  It is my hope, as President, to continue and complete the good works initiated by Purple State and Morakai Blue. 

My good friend Kalwejt has agreed to join this ticket with me.  Together, we will take Atlasia to new heights, and usher in a brave new world!!!

FRITZ/KALWEJT FOR ATLASIA!!!
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

BIG TIME! Cheesy
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:50 PM »

Well, guys, Fritz and me know this is going to be tought, but we're determined to carry on Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »

Wow, I didn't expect this.

I'll be updating the candidate's list later tonight.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »

Constitutional Convention
The Atlasian Constitutional Convention, while a novel idea with good intentions, once again failed to achieve its designated mission. It was poorly planned, poorly communicated, and poorly run. AndrewCT will assume the role of presiding officer over the ConCon and hold a vote. If the delegates vote to suspend, the administration will implement their new reforms. First, a new vote will be held. If the voters request another ConCon, AndrewCT/Duke believe the citizens of Atlasia should decide when and how the constitutional convention should be run, not a select group of politicians. In the event of another constitutional convention, the ticket supports the relocation of the convention to the Atlasia Fantasy Election forum as opposed to being tucked away in an obscure board no one ever checks. It must be an open process to everyone, and it demands everyone be involved to truly make the process worthwhile.

I'm sorry but this entire paragraph is patently absurd. The stated intentions of the Convention have been and continue to be to consolidate the amendments and streamline the Constitution of Atlasia to make it easier to read. That is exactly what the Convention has been working on for the past few months.

In addition, the entire process has bun run in a transparent and inclusive manner. The entire work of the Convention is available on the Wiki, ulr=https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Constitutional_Convention_Completed_Documents]here[/url]. I have provided consistent updates in the People's White House thread, here. Your assertions are not only wrong, but seem to be a malicious attempt to deceive the people who overwhelmingly called for this Convention.

I know it may seem politically expedient to take shots at my administration, but don't let that lead you to stand against Atlasia at the same time.

As stated in my opening post- it will be the goal of the Fritz/Kalwejt administration to CONTINUE and COMPLETE the good work begn by PS/MB.  If you would have voted for Purple State's re-election were he running, I urge you to vote Fritz/Kalwejt!!!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »

Both of these candidates have done impressive work in their respective cabinet positions. They have my endorsement!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »

We're very encouraged with an early endorsements Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »

You have my endorsement! Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »

In a case of our victory, you can be assured that I won't turn into a what most of Atlasians Vice Presidents were: just an empty seat and a dude who's "one click away". You know my infamous level of activity here Wink

If elected as Vice President, I'm going to follow Marokai's very rare example and be an active part of the administration.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »

I'd like to wish you both the best of luck, and I look forward to both tickets hopefully running good, clean, and fun campaigns!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »

As I wrote before, you guys have my very enthused endorsement! I wish you guys good luck!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »

I wont be able to endorse this ticket because I wont be able to vote for it! I intend to continue the tradition I started where the SoFE does not cast a valid ballot, but rather, casts a ballot to indicate the close of voting.

I do, however, hope that whomever wins that they hopefully would allow me to keep my job Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 05:45:05 AM »

I wont be able to endorse this ticket because I wont be able to vote for it! I intend to continue the tradition I started where the SoFE does not cast a valid ballot

I don't understand why would you not vote at all.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 06:11:07 AM »

You have my endorsement, and my full support.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 06:46:28 AM »

I wont be able to endorse this ticket because I wont be able to vote for it! I intend to continue the tradition I started where the SoFE does not cast a valid ballot

I don't understand why would you not vote at all.
The idea of the ballot counter casting ballots does not sit well with me.

Its a moral thing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 07:58:07 AM »

Endorsed!

We couldn't do better than to continue the great job Purple State has done, and this is definitely the best team to carry on that work.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed Smiley
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »

Endorsed, of course.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 02:06:34 PM »

Ah, a Midwestern sectional ticket. Goodgood. Very good. Let's hope unhipper regions follow suit.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »

Ah, a Midwestern sectional ticket. Goodgood. Very good. Let's hope unhipper regions follow suit.

*hughughug* Grin Cheesy Smiley
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »

Unfortunately, I cannot endorse either of you for this office. However, I can still wish you good luck. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »

Greetings Fellow Atlasians!

The decision to run in this election was made rather hastily.  Hence, I have not had an opportunity to draft a detailed platform, as my opponents have done.

We run not in a quest for power, but out of a sense of duty.  Someone must pick up the ball from Purple State.  We believe that Kalwejt and myself are better choices than Andrew and Duke.

My biggest concern with their platform is the discussion of the Constitutional Convention.  We do not believe the Convention has been a failure.  We intend to see it through, and allow it to complete its task.

As Registrar General, I am infinitely familiar with our population and participation numbers.  It is my dream to see these numbers vastly increased- doubled, or even tripled.  A larger voting pool serves to make the game more interesting and exciting.  This could be accomplished by actively promoting Atlasia in such mediums as Facebook or Twitter.  The obvious down-side of this is the recruitment of undesireables.  But I feel that the potential advantages outweigh the potential disadvantages.

Andrew, of course, would have no part of such a program.  Andrew doesn't like people.  Here is what Andrew said on Facebook:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As a Midwesterner I have not paid much attention to Andrew's performance as Governor of the Northeast.  But I have heard it said that he was woefully inactive.

I actually agree with my opponents on a few things.  Energy, for example.  I know that Senator Duke is a strong advocate for clean energy, and I commend him on the work he has done regarding this issue.  Reading their platform, it seems clear that they are in the center-right.  We are in the center-left.

My opponent's platform makes no mention of the biggest problem facing Atlasia today: JOBS.  Employment needs to be our government's biggest priority right now.  We must not rest until unemployment levels are acceptable.

As I mentioned, I have not had a chance to write any platforms.  But I would like to borrow some platform material from fellow JCP member Barnes, who is running for Senate.  I am sure he won't mind:

Barnes for Senate
Platform

Part Two: Ensuring stable and sustainable job creation

The one, undeniable issue to millions of Atlasians is whether or not they will have a job.

Over twelve percent of Atlasians are out of work, and hundreds of thousands more are wrought with fear every night that they might loose theirs, too.

While important measures have been taken to stem the worse parts of this recession, more action must be taken.  We must begin a serious, organized, and cooperative legislative campaign to create jobs in this country.

First, we must pass a new series of tax breaks for small businesses hiring workers.

Secondly, we must make a concerted campaign to advertise new job opportunities to those who are looking for work. People need to be able to know where to find jobs, and they need to be able to do efficiently, and quickly.

Thirdly, we can create thousands, if not millions, of new jobs in Atlasia by investing new fields like alternative energy, like I mentioned in part one of my platform.

Fourthly, while I strongly support unemployment benefits, we need to make sure that Atlasians are actually looking for work and are using every opportunity available to them to find a job. 

In closing, we must devote ourselves to helping all Atlasians to find a job.  We must also restore fiscal sanity to the government by recognizing that simply throwing money at the problem won't work.  Instead, a structured and well thought out series of legislation will be the light that starts the fire of job creation in this country.

In closing, I look forward to a spirited and fun campaign over the next couple of weeks.  Unfortunately due to previously made real life commitments, I will be unavailable on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday this week.  I would like to debate beginning Sunday.  Hopefully Kalwejt can fill the void when I am away.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies