Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:58:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia  (Read 21240 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2010, 07:05:55 AM »

The idea is that they would become the driving force of the game, generating multiple news stories each day that the government would need to react to. You'd have multiple people so that no one person can become "too busy" to do it for a particular stretch of a few days, and as well, to provide balance politically so that stories do not become too biased towards one or the other side.

It's been tried before and was, IIRC, rather short lived.

It really wouldn't do any harm if an active AG would create more events an active (Fritz of course) President would have to deal with, as well as the Senate and rest of cabinet.

Personally, I'd love to see more foreign related events, and I strongly encourage Badger to think about this Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2010, 07:08:56 AM »

I have an sugestion, that a GM may actually voluntairly delegate a story-making responsibility. Let say a poster A have an ideas about generating some event and have a time to devot to this. He's just need to PM GM, outline her/his idea...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2010, 07:57:15 AM »

That may work, but the GM being solely a delegate job seems a bit crazy if you want consistency in the stories it produces. It'll be all over the place if we have 15 different posters making stories up.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2010, 08:16:02 AM »

That may work, but the GM being solely a delegate job seems a bit crazy if you want consistency in the stories it produces. It'll be all over the place if we have 15 different posters making stories up.

Well, I had to throw some idea so the discussion and finding for a solution can begin. I'm glad you reacted, Duke Smiley

Foreign affairs are really neglected and even if we won't create any DGM to handle this, we should find the way to ensure GM won't neglect this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »

By the way, I guess I owe all of you some explanation.

It is truth, that a few days ago I was very seriously considering drooping out and even a permanent retirement from Atlasia politics, but I was able to overcome the emotions. We all have lower or higher moment, don't we, and I'm wiling to admit it right now.

Those days I took the game little too emotional, due to which I'm angry on myself, but at least I got my lesson.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 08:40:35 AM »

Well, I had to throw some idea so the discussion and finding for a solution can begin. I'm glad you reacted, Duke Smiley

Foreign affairs are really neglected and even if we won't create any DGM to handle this, we should find the way to ensure GM won't neglect this.

I might as well help make the campaign interesting you know.. Wink

Anyway, this idea is worth examining as a possible solution to the GM problem post PS (and pre-PS for a while), but we need to be cautious as always. I think we should first see how Badger does, since I think he'll do a wonderful job, and go from there should he falter.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »

I have high hopes for Badger, but historically we had problems with GM activity. Take Al, one of the finest Atlasians of all times just failed here.

So, beside seeing Badger's performance, we should think about a solution to improve things.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

Candidate Fritz would be available for an interview with a newspaper publication that is not directly connected to one of the campaigns.  PM me if interested in doing the interview.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:20 AM »

Hey Teddy- I noticed that this part of the new Constitution is right now under discussion in the Convention.  Maybe you have some ideas for amending this?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 07:58:23 AM »

Hey Teddy- I noticed that this part of the new Constitution is right now under discussion in the Convention.  Maybe you have some ideas for amending this?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh yes, I forgot about this Smiley This is just enough.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »

as a base this is okay to start. I think any real reform needs to be presented on it's own, and not as part of a concon
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »

I have high hopes for Badger, but historically we had problems with GM activity. Take Al, one of the finest Atlasians of all times just failed here.

So, beside seeing Badger's performance, we should think about a solution to improve things.

Al's failure really wasn't a surprise though. He hasn't been serious about this game for quite a while. It should come as a shock to no one that he failed. But you're right, outside of PS (and Brandon to a lesser extent), I can't really remember a GM that did very much.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 01:42:41 PM »

Al's failure really wasn't a surprise though. He hasn't been serious about this game for quite a while. It should come as a shock to no one that he failed. But you're right, outside of PS (and Brandon to a lesser extent), I can't really remember a GM that did very much.

And that's ma big deal, since Atlasia is a sim after all.

If the ConCon proposal regarding GM wouldn't be adopted, I'm sure we can, no matter which ticket wins this October, work on other solution Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »

TIED ENDORSEMENT BY TPTTAA
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »

Why Andrew HQ have a full statement and we just a title? Sad
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

Why Andrew HQ have a full statement and we just a title? Sad

Because I endorse you unreservedly, while my endorsement of him comes with some concerns.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »

I've gotten to know Fritz a bit better over the last few days, and Andrew has not been as active as I'd like. A week ago, we'd have endorsed him exclusively, but now, TPTTAA is officially only "Anti-Naso"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »

I've gotten to know Fritz a bit better over the last few days, and Andrew has not been as active as I'd like. A week ago, we'd have endorsed him exclusively, but now, TPTTAA is officially only "Anti-Naso"

Does Mike knows that? I haven't seen him around froim quite while.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 08:22:59 AM »

I'm again going to speak on a behalf of my ticket mate Smiley

What we lack in the race is a clear comparison of the records. As we know, Fritz have a long and distinguished history in Atlasia, serving previously as a Senator (being elected at large, that only confirms his electoral abilities), as well as SoFA. Now, he's a Registrar General, dedicating his time to ungrateful task of maintaining voters list, without which the game cannot go on.

Fritz is simply the only candidate with such a dedication and proven record in federal government, both legislative and executive.

Atlasia, during this difficult period we're experiencing, needs a tested person to fill a key seat. A person as oriented in mechanism of Atlasia game as Fritz.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »

Reaganfan has finally shown his face, promoting his "conservative agenda".

We are proud to carry the banner of liberalism.  We believe that health care is a right that all are entitled to.  We believe that global warming is a genuine man-made threat, that needs to be addressed.  We believe in the equality of all peoples, regardless of race, gender, handicaps, or sexual orientation.  We believe the best way to create jobs is through investment in infrastructure, not through cutting taxes.

So we are the liberals, and we are proud of it.

As I've talked about on other boards, I am going through some tough times personally.  But, I will live through my personal crisis, and I will not let it affect my commitments to Atlasia.

Besides being a liberal, there are two campaign promises I have made that I have made that I will keep if elected.  First, I will establish a Presidential Task Force on new member recruitment.  All major parties will be represented.  Second, I will work to create an index on the wiki for all of our laws, alphabetical by subject.

FRITZ/KALWEJT FOR ATLASIA!!!  Cheesy
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 04:40:24 AM »

Fellow Atlasians,

In less than 24 hours, the polls will be opened for what I hope will be the greatest election in our nation's history.  While I urge you to vote Fritz/Kalwejt, I more importantly urge all Atlasians to VOTE in this election, regardless of which ticket you support.  This is first and foremost a game about elections.  The game needs your participation- the more active voters we have, the more exciting and fun the election will be.  I look forward to an action-packed election weekend.

I began this campaign with a promise to CONTINUE and COMPLETE the good work began by the Purple State administration on game reform.  I have made two campaign promises toward that end.  One, I will appoint a Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment.  Two, I will work to have an alphabetical index of our laws created on the wiki.  My opponents have offered nothing concerning game improvement or enhancement.  If you would have voted for Purple State if he were running, the choice is clear: vote for Fritz.

My opponent Andrew has a long history of lax activity in elected office.  (We understand that his recent lapses of activity have been explained, however, and we offer our condolences to him and his family.)  My opponent Reaganfan, while showing a good level of activity as a candidate, is just returned to Atlasia after a year-long absence.  Respectfully, he needs to be elected to a lower office before running  for the highest post in the land.  If you want a President who has proven his dedication to Atlasia, again the choice is clear: vote for Fritz.

I love this game, and I am the best candidate for the game.  But whether I win or lose, I am happy to have played the game. 

VOTE FOR FRITZ/KALWEJT!!!  Cheesy

Thank you, and Dave bless Atlasia!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »

We are proud to carry the banner of liberalism.  We believe that health care is a right that all are entitled to.  We believe that global warming is a genuine man-made threat, that needs to be addressed.  We believe in the equality of all peoples, regardless of race, gender, handicaps, or sexual orientation.  We believe the best way to create jobs is through investment in infrastructure, not through cutting taxes.

So we are the liberals, and we are proud of it.

It really sounds like a Krugman plagiarism (cf my sig). So I love it. Grin
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »

I, for one like it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

I would like to use this last opportunity to address the choice Atlasian citizens will soon face.

Fritz and me can't promise you everything, but we can guarantee one, essential thing: a dedication. I doubt anyone can seriously question the dedication of a man, who is sacrificing his time do to, successfully, a very hard, consuming task of Registrar General, maintaining a citizens database, so we can run an elections. Just imagine how much of his proven energy he can devote to making the Presidency a launch platform for a reform, Atlasia needs to gain a new life.

As of myself, I do solemnly swear to be the best help for President Fritz in his efforts to bring Atlasia into a new era. I have my flaws, I'm sometimes too hot-tempered, but I have a passion and energy needed to be a productive Vice President. I can present with a raised head my record as a legislator, Midwest Althing main organizer and an Attorney General, and you can be sure I'll be just as active as a part of Fritz/Kalwejt administration.

Also, I would like to ask everyone of you, regardless of your preferences, to vote this weekend and help Atlasia achieve a record turnout.

Thank you all!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies