AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:25:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: AndrewCT/Duke for President Campaign HQ  (Read 10652 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »

Frankly, Kal, you're very lucky you're my friend about now.

Protip: Don't  up a friendship over a game.

As of me, I'm not taking anything related to Atlasia outside Atlasia.

What others are going to do, it's their choice.

I was just saying. You are lucky you're my friend right now, otherwise I may not have been so restrained. I don't willingly screw up friendships that easily.

But either way, this is ridiculous.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm staying with mine. You're one of the very few exceptions among Pops I can respect, but don't expect from me to be a nice to a party itself, that was using a ruthless tactic for month.

A tactic we can't actually use now, correct? As far as I know, none of our current members have even touched upon sock accounts. You treat us all as though we're the same party that some troll formed. In fact, I distinctly recall you calling Han one of the "Hamilton worshipers" once, by the by.

And speaking of which, all this attention you're giving him will only encourage him to come back. I've fought trolls, and I know how they operate.

Well, I dont believ he's "out" now and I'm still waiting the Pops prove they overcame sock tactics and to express at least some remorse over tolerating it before. It shouldn't be hard.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2010, 10:41:18 PM »

I was just saying. You are lucky you're my friend right now, otherwise I may not have been so restrained. I don't willingly screw up friendships that easily.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm staying with mine. You're one of the very few exceptions among Pops I can respect, but don't expect from me to be a nice to a party itself, that was using a ruthless tactic for month.

A tactic we can't actually use now, correct? As far as I know, none of our current members have even touched upon sock accounts. You treat us all as though we're the same party that some troll formed. In fact, I distinctly recall you calling Han one of the "Hamilton worshipers" once, by the by.

And speaking of which, all this attention you're giving him will only encourage him to come back. I've fought trolls, and I know how they operate.

Well, I dont believ he's "out" now and I'm still waiting the Pops prove they overcame sock tactics and to express at least some remorse over tolerating it before. It shouldn't be hard.

The Populares as a party have never approved of sock voting and have denounced sock accounts in general. You have no case here.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 10:41:27 PM »

The past is the past, and I for one would argue that it's a much different party than it was and any unsavory tactics have since been thrown to the wayside. It's not relevant at this point, except for people that would stand to gain from bringing it up, and those same people are probably insatiable anyway.

Really, though, this is Andrew's thread, so everybody ought to cool it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »

So tell me again why I'm not worthy of respect? Because of all the socks I made? Oh wait, I've never had a single sock account. But somehow in your mind I'm responsible for sock accounts made by other people.

But you tolerated a known socks within a party. You didn't had any problem with this vote fraud as long as it worked for your party.

Funny thing, btw, when Hamilton and me used to be a friends, he actually was telling me about his socks, not Atlasians of course, but still. Hell, he was the one who gave me an access to JohnnyBoy.

And I wouldn't believe you never had a knowledge. You were too close with Hammy.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »

So tell me again why I'm not worthy of respect? Because of all the socks I made? Oh wait, I've never had a single sock account. But somehow in your mind I'm responsible for sock accounts made by other people.

But you tolerated a known socks within a party. You didn't had any problem with this vote fraud as long as it worked for your party.

Tolerated socks? I have no ability to check people's IP addresses. Nor do I have the power to ban people or invalidate their votes. That's the job of the moderators. People are innocent until proven guilty.

But if you ask Dallasfan I'm sure he'd tell you that I am probably the most paranoid individual in the party when it comes to suspecting socks and verifying members' identities.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hamilton did not tell me about his socks and he in fact explicitly denied being behind several accounts that were later revealed to be socks. Again, ask Dallasfan.

Doesn't mean I had anything to do with socks. Stop with this guilt by association nonsense.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2010, 10:57:30 PM »

Tolerated socks? I have no ability to check people's IP addresses. Nor do I have the power to ban people or invalidate their votes. That's the job of the moderators. People are innocent until proven guilty.

But if you ask Dallasfan I'm sure he'd tell you that I am probably the most paranoid individual in the party when it comes to suspecting socks and verifying members' identities.

Hamilton did not tell me about his socks and he in fact explicitly denied being behind several accounts that were later revealed to be socks. Again, ask Dallasfan.

Doesn't mean I had anything to do with socks. Stop with this guilt by association nonsense.

Oh yes...

Even when it was obvious that cerain posters from your camp were Kyle's socks, even when it was voiced by moderators, you ignored that. Thus, you don't have a credibility.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »

Alright guys, enough is enough. I say this as a friend of both of you: stop with the fighting.

People are going to view this thread for information on the Andrew campaign - they probably aren't interested in petty feuds. If somebody's interested in making a separate thread on the issue, feel free, and we'll have at it there.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2010, 11:07:30 PM »

Alright guys, enough is enough. I say this as a friend of both of you: stop with the fighting.

Ok, I said what I had to said and I'm sticking with this.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2010, 01:12:32 AM »

The truth here is what is hidden in the statements of the all the JCPers who waisted a Saturday night to pollute this thread with vile garbage which is common from those people. You see they have nothing, because they are nothing. This ticket is not some mass conpsiracy with Hamilton or whatever.

To paraphrase a horrible movie with a great line, "I am sick and tired of these MFing JCPers in this MFing game".

I am tired of MB and the JCP hit machine doing their dirty campaigning. I say its time to open a can of whoop-ass on these people.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2010, 01:25:19 AM »

Few people are more anti-Populares in general than I am, but Andrew is a good man, with integrity, and I am more than confident that he will be a good, honest President.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »

The goal of the ARC, which eventually became the Populares that we know today, was to create a party on the right-wing of Atlasia's spectrum powerful enough that it could use the RPP for their electoral purposes in the same way the RPP used to use the DA a year+ ago. It wasn't some big secret.

The death of the DA was an inevitability. Eventually, those members were going to disperse and the final pieces of the puzzle would be put in place. All the Populares needed was the perfect front-man. AndrewCT wanted power. It was a match made in heaven for both sides.

Look at the Populares electoral history and tell me with a straight face that AndrewCT isn't the perfect face the party's been desperately searching for to finally be electable. Wormyguy is their Senate candidate in the special election, and even Duke thinks it's basically a joke. SPC ran in the February 2010 campaign for President on the Populares ticket. He was a complete joke. He didn't publish a platform (he actually explicitly refused to do so) and basically disappeared again (which he does on a regular basis, long spells of unanticipated inactivity) before the election was even over.

The last Populares ticket was headed by RosettaStoned, who'd never done anything in Atlasia ever before this. He similarly basically didn't publish any sort of platform and, when pressured to debate Purple State and I, did not accept any sort of invitation to do so or display any eagerness to start one. Eventually Rosetta settled into a "the other side works too much" campaign (seriously) and started lying to my own party members behind the scenes to keep them from voting. (Just ask RealisticIdealist.)

And now here we are again on another Presidential election, and the Populares got their perfect top. I don't want to spoil the surprise for anything (is it spoiled already? I can't recall) but this time the Populares have the dream team of electability, without any of the need to do the heavy lifting. I can't look at this party's history and take it seriously through any stretch of the imagination, nor do I believe that anything will be different this time around.

But, the sad thing is, I'm waging a useless war here. SPC got 25% of the vote as a rock solid base from Populares members almost exclusively even though he was a complete joke. Rosetta had a fighting chance as well. This is a party that has a willingness to vote for whoever, and I mean anyone at all, has this party's nametag next to them on the ballot, regardless. All the Pops needed was a little boost from the new DA of Atlasian politics to push them over the top. And they may have their neat little vote bank at last.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »

SLAMS WATER BOTTLE ON DESK, BOTTLE EXPLODES IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HOW DARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU VILE SNAKE, PULL THAT CRAP WITH ME.

This is not 2009 and I am not DWTL, I will not stand for your insults against me and the RPP, f' that. We are no one's pawns and I could easily have killed this ticket with a thought had I choose to do so. In fact it was a last minute intervention by me and others that saved this ticket from total collapse a week and a half ago. Cease you mindless spin and BS MB. No one is using the RPP. You will not do to us what you did to the DA late last year. I have the balls and the backbone to tell you that you are so full of sh**t it ain't funny. That is why Wormyguy will lose several RPP first preferences and that is why twice large numbers of RPPers refused to vote for Rosetta. Now you better think twice and get your facts straight before you come after me and my party. "I will take you out, buddy" 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2010, 01:36:08 AM »

Now look at this mess you have created. Damn, now I have to change. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2010, 01:43:53 AM by Vice P. Marokai Blue »

This is not 2009 and I am not DWTL, I will not stand for your insults against me and the RPP, f' that. We are no one's pawns and I could easily have killed this ticket with a thought had I choose to do so. In fact it was a last minute intervention by me and others that saved this ticket from total collapse a week and a half ago. Cease you mindless spin and BS MB. No one is using the RPP. You will not do to us what you did to the DA late last year. I have the balls and the backbone to tell you that you are so full of sh**t it ain't funny. That is why Wormyguy will lose several RPP first preferences and that is why twice large numbers of RPPers refused to vote for Rosetta. Now you better think twice and get your facts straight before you come after me and my party. "I will take you out, buddy"  

I am only telling you what I've come to know since the ARC was created by Hamilton and morphed into the Populares. Hamilton had a long term strategy for supremacy, and it basically involved intimidating you into submission and waiting for the DA's death. (Now of course he's killing you with a tempting Top.) We in the JCP tried to keep the DA together for as long as possible to prevent the additional power to the Populares we knew it would create, and low and behold, it has.

The RPP is basically concentrated around getting elected at this point, which, practically, is all the DA was in the last half of their life. You may be a Regional Protection Party, but regions don't need much protecting right now, nor does at least Franzl (a sitting RPP Senator now, if I recall correctly) even really care about regions.

The JCP tried to keep the Populares and the RPP from alligning together in this fashion, we knew it was inevitable months ago and we were taunted by Hamilton all the while for trying to win against something we couldn't. I hope your new masters treat you well, Yankee.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2010, 01:48:07 AM »

I know you JCPers would love to be our masters again, eh?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2010, 01:48:21 AM »

I am only telling you what I've come to know since the ARC was created by Hamilton and morphed into the Populares. Hamilton had a long term strategy for supremacy, and it basically involved intimidating you into submission and waiting for the DA's death. (Now of course he's killing you with a tempting Top.) We in the JCP tried to keep the DA together for as long as possible to prevent the additional power to the Populares we knew it would create, and low and behold, it has.

The RPP is basically around getting elected at this point, which, practically, is all the DA was in the last half of their life. You may be a Regional Protection Party, but regions don't need much protecting right now, nor does at least Franzl (a sitting RPP Senator now, if I recall correctly) even really care about regions.

The JCP tried to keep the Populares and the RPP from alligning together in this fashion, we knew it was inevitable months ago and we were taunted by Hamilton all the while for trying to win against something we couldn't. I hope your new masters treat you well, Yankee.

Your doom shall be painfully puny Marokai Blue. You should never EVER UNDERESTIMATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2010, 01:49:15 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2010, 01:52:32 AM by Vice P. Marokai Blue »

My interest is in being no one's master. I'm Vice President to someone who isn't even in the JCP, if you remember. (Hell, I'd run VP to Smid if it meant keeping the Populares or Populares enablers out of office.)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2010, 01:58:01 AM »

My interest is in being no one's master. I'm Vice President to someone who isn't even in the JCP, if you remember. (Hell, I'd run VP to Smid if it meant keeping the Populares or Populares enablers out of office.)

Since such a ticket would inevitably result in some JCPer being elected President, we would have to be crazy to accept such a state of affairs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2010, 02:00:58 AM »

If you seriously continue to insult both me and my party then their might be consequences. Surely Barnes is looking forward to receiving some RPP votes, I strongly suggest your refrain from hindering his campaign.

You are really some of piece of work Marokai Blue. There is no conservative ticket you wouldn't attack and I know damn well that were I the candidate you would make every effort to destroy me. Hence why I will never give you the pleasure. Now back down or continue the hackery and have the whole party potentially be held responsible for actions. This is a completely uncalled for and ridiculous attack on me. This is purely political and does everything to dilute your anti-Hamilton rhetoric to the point that it is useless. Congrats on advancing his mission by making those statements less poignant. I hope you are happy with what you have wrought.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2010, 02:02:51 AM »

You had several chances to have an RPP/JCP or a JCP/RPP ticket earlier this year and the leftwing hackery of your rank and file destroyed it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 02:04:38 AM »

Since such a ticket would inevitably result in some JCPer being elected President, we would have to be crazy to accept such a state of affairs.

What have we done to make you hate us so much? Seriously. I've tried to do my damnedest to be active and keep the machines running. I've wanted to improve the game. I ran with someone of the DA, forcing the JCP into a backseat role, because I said I wanted it to be an election of ideas and solutions, and not partisan breakdown.

If you actually want this party's abominable history in power, just because you're so petty to ignore anything good that we try to do for the sake of the game, then seriously, just.. shame. Shame shame. Since you're someone who openly admits to voting for the ticket that would get the most "fun" result, I can't exactly be surprised that you don't have anything's best interests at heart.

If you seriously continue to insult both me and my party then their might be consequences. Surely Barnes is looking forward to receiving some RPP votes, I strongly suggest your refrain from hindering his campaign.

You are really some of piece of work Marokai Blue. There is no conservative ticket you wouldn't attack and I know damn well that were I the candidate you would make every effort to destroy me. Hence why I will never give you the pleasure. Now back down or continue the hackery and have the whole party potentially be held responsible for actions. This is a completely uncalled for and ridiculous attack on me. This is purely political and does everything to dilute your anti-Hamilton rhetoric to the point that it is useless. Congrats on advancing his mission by making those statements less poignant. I hope you are happy with what you have wrought.

First stage: Denial.

Everything I've said is historically accurate whether you want to face the facts or not. And I can't believe I am be called a hack after spending the last 6 months trying to coordinate and work on a ticket and Administration that put partisanship completely on the backburner so instead of having a power-at-all-costs mindset like some of the Populares, we actually did stuff for Atlasia instead.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 02:07:09 AM »

You had several chances to have an RPP/JCP or a JCP/RPP ticket earlier this year and the leftwing hackery of your rank and file destroyed it.

I have been aware of nothing of the sort, for what it's worth. I wouldn't care about a RPP/JCP ticket provided it's a more centrist member. So what "rank and file" are you speaking of?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 02:20:06 AM »

I have been aware of nothing of the sort, for what it's worth. I wouldn't care about a RPP/JCP ticket provided it's a more centrist member. So what "rank and file" are you speaking of?

Now you are lying.

What have we done to make you hate us so much? Seriously. I've tried to do my damnedest to be active and keep the machines running. I've wanted to improve the game. I ran with someone of the DA, forcing the JCP into a backseat role, because I said I wanted it to be an election of ideas and solutions, and not partisan breakdown.

If you actually want this party's abominable history in power, just because you're so petty to ignore anything good that we try to do for the sake of the game, then seriously, just.. shame. Shame shame. Since you're someone who openly admits to voting for the ticket that would get the most "fun" result, I can't exactly be surprised that you don't have anything's best interests at heart.

First stage: Denial.

Everything I've said is historically accurate whether you want to face the facts or not. And I can't believe I am be called a hack after spending the last 6 months trying to coordinate and work on a ticket and Administration that put partisanship completely on the backburner so instead of having a power-at-all-costs mindset like some of the Populares, we actually did stuff for Atlasia instead.

You don't get it. "You got stuff done" Really? Is Atlasia any more active or less since then? Its more then just getting stuff done its how you do it. You need some level of contention, some level of partisanship and everytime it occurs, it gets personal or gets taken to a level beyond reason and acceptablility thus ending it. You had no call to say I was puppet or to say the RPP had no purpose. By saying both of them you are question my integrity and my honesty and that is not acceptable. I spent months working to undermine Hamilton and preventing him from getting control. You have expropriated that effort for the partisan benefit of the JCP and in so doing weakend and taken the thunder out of it. The height of counterproductivity. The one in denial here is not me, it is you. I have been crystal clear what Atlasia needs for months we finally get a chance at you and you have to ruin it, god damn it. By all means continue, I hope the JCP enjoys rulling a game of 50 innactive people.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 02:23:35 AM »

God, Marokai, give it up already. So you'll have to live under a non-JCP-approved president for once, how horrifying.

And AndrewCT is the centrist of centrists.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010, 02:27:35 AM »

I do not lie, Yankee. What I am telling you is the truth. If you would elaborate for me, I'd look into it myself.

As for activity, we've done literally everything we could conceivably do ourselves. We tried putting the best people for the position in the job. I've probably written a dozen pieces of legislation and PS and I wrote an entire draft Constitution for our campaign. We can't conjure activity on our own, all we can do is put the pieces together ourselves and hope things work, but rest assured we've been doing everything possible.

And besides, are you even listening to yourself? You say we need partisanship, while calling me too partisan, even though I don't give a damn about the JCP right now. I give a damn about this game. And trying to prevent the Populares control by propping up the party? Are you kidding me?

The lie that I'm being personal or partisan here is observably untrue. I care about getting people in office that will do well for this game. Not some perfect dream team ticket designed to get maximum electoral benefit.

God, Marokai, give it up already. So you'll have to live under a non-JCP-approved president for once, how horrifying.

Yeah, the Afleitch/Smid Administration sure was fun. How wrong I was about that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies